No announcement yet.

RS2 front bumper/spoiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The R-S bumper is manufactured from very high-quality GRP, besides small weight is you also still very much durable It no expensive specially owners needed, there it simply the owners, as well as fastening spots of your original bumper to take over to be able. Note! No cheap mounting kit concerns a complete bumper. They can get the R-S bumper as in the gallery picture with round fog headlight recess (with DE) supplied or with angular recess (without DE). Absolutely with the order please also indicate. The exact mass are 1500 x 600 x 320 mm (x deep x height spreads) Super register accuracy and Top processing!!! By ingenious R-S 2 optics also you lend to your vehicle new sporty front. Styling in perfection and Design

Tim

1995 S2 Avant, ruby red - ** SOLD TO ROSS **
    Golf Rallye G60 ** SOLD **
    Golf MK2 Oaky with R32 engine
    Audi A6 Avant 1.9 TDi 130
    Golf MK2 8v Race car

Comment

• I was never sure of those ones on ebay because i wasnt sure of how well they are finished and if it is just the bottom part which you have to bond to your original one and if has clearance enough for the IC.
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Only 50% of the RS2 genuine bumper kit is the bumper moulding itself. You'll be surprised how expensive the indicators, fogs, mesh and other parts are. I'd pay the extra and get the ABS one as opposed to GRP. I did and I am glad I did. I went off the track last year and hit the gravel hard. I think the fibreglass one would have broken from the impact but the ABS one took it without a problem. You may only save a few hundred quid by getting a copy bumper once you've priced everything and I'm chuffed I went for a genuine one through Vagparts. Don't underestimate the price of a decent respray too especially if your S2 is a Pearl paint like mine. You get what you pay for here too.

There is another UK company doing an RS4 style bumper for the S2 which looked good. I'll dig out a URL.

What about a late cabrio bumper? Audi did one in an RS2 style although it wasn't as deep in the middle. Anyone got a picture? It looks much better than the stock S2 dogs dinner.
        1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
        Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee
          There is another UK company doing an RS4 style bumper for the S2 which looked good. I'll dig out a URL.
          www.ra-design.co.uk

The donor car in the picture and silver mesh doesn't do it justice. I have sen better pics of than this but it gives you an idea.
          Attached Files
          1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
          Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg_S
            Any news on this one mate?

Greg
            Greg,

I've been away for the past week, so I'm unsure on what progress has been made with the bumper. I'll give the guy a call and see if there's been any more work done on it. Unfortunately, I'm busy with a new job at the mo, so I haven't had chance to chase this one up. Apologies, for the timescale on this one
            It's outa my hands because I don't have the space or time to do it myself.
            91 Modded 3B
            14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

• Hi Steve,to say you will have healthy interest in a well made and fair priced product is,an UNDERSTATEMENT
              Glad to hear business is good.
              Rob W
              04 Audi S4 Avant
              55 Merc 220cdi c class estate Family hack.
              92 Audi S2 3b Sadly gone.
              1969 mustang fastback 302. Dry storage

Comment

• Lee - that won't fit our car - the RA design RS2 bumpers had to be modified(although the factory does it) to fit an S2 over the intercooler
                S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

• hmm nice

to bad that the fogs / indicators are not rs-2 ones

rieger also has the same bumper http://www.rieger-tuning.de

Comment

• not too bad if the factory modifies it i guess, would cut down on costs if retain OE fogs etc though.

Greg
                    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Hmmm. If the guy actually comes back to me on my email this time and gives me a price all in including postage to deliver my box of broken plastic, I'll order one, and let you all know how crap it is. I figure for around £150 it's worth getting even if i have to mess about a bit to put it on.

Thanks for the translation by the way. Erm, what does all this babble mean?

"The R-S bumper is manufactured from very high-quality GRP, besides small weight is you also still very much durable It no expensive specially owners needed, there it simply the owners, as well as fastening spots of your original bumper to take over to be able. Note! No cheap mounting kit concerns a complete bumper. They can get the R-S bumper as in the gallery picture with round fog headlight recess (with DE) supplied or with angular recess (without DE). Absolutely with the order please also indicate. The exact mass are 1500 x 600 x 320 mm (x deep x height spreads) Super register accuracy and Top processing!!! By ingenious R-S 2 optics also you lend to your vehicle new sporty front. Styling in perfection and Design"

Is it german (translated into English) for 'Cheap crap go and buy a proper one you cheapskate t**t'? We'll maybe see.... (heh. Yeah, we'll see - "you paid HOW much for a box of broken plastic?" - the wife)
                      Last edited by Greg_S; 20 April 2004, 08:13.
                      'The Bacofoil Express'...

No more.

Leon TDI 150 run in now.

Very slow.

Needs a chip.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee
                        www.ra-design.co.uk

The donor car in the picture and silver mesh doesn't do it justice. I have sen better pics of than this but it gives you an idea.
                        I like the bumper and the type 85 grille, the web link mentions Hot honeyz
                        etc..... can't have everything I suppose....

David

Comment

• gpc

i know gpc very well. They import the parts from Germany and sell them here. He wont really stock any in the uk. You place the order stating the part numbers and he will order from GERMAY takes 5 days. hE GETS 2 deliveries WEEK

Comment

• Found a guy in Germany on ebay selling RS2 indicators,there listed as 80,90 Coupe and RS,but they look just like RS to me,was one set right now at 1euro,and another set 130euro's or 140buy it now,checked the guys feedback and he sold lots of these and all happy campers,might be worth if you's do a GB tryin this guy,his ebay name was cult golf ,forgot to write the item numer but check it out,i aint 100% sure if this is cheap (obviously the 1 euro one is)(and it end in a day or two)but he may do a deal on numbers of them(i dont know him)
                            Also dont know if its been mentioned,but seen a company GPC advertsing RS indicators for £18,i dont know if this is right,as i've seen them sell on ebay for a lot more

Comment

• That first ebay seller was selling fogs not indiactors(doh)

Comment

• Originally posted by APNess
                                Ok, I can't read German, but this place (on ebay) seemingly sells RS2 spoilers.
                                Paul - did you ever go ahead with this? If so, what did it look like?
                                I've been browsing through eBay.de and found CMC's web shop. They've got 26 pages of stuff including the RS2 bumper and also an RS4 bumper for the S2.

RS2 bumper

RS4 Bumper

They look the same with the exception that the RS4 bumper has the gills cut in the sides. And the lights, but I think you can get the RS2 bumper to take standard S2 fogs and indicators.

£108 + Shipping for the RS2 bumper and £120 + Shipping for the RS4. You've still got to paint it, but surely its the best value bumper out there.
                                ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

Working...
                                X