RS2 front bumper/spoiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sidspud
    Paul - did you ever go ahead with this? If so, what did it look like?
    I've been browsing through eBay.de and found CMC's web shop. They've got 26 pages of stuff including the RS2 bumper and also an RS4 bumper for the S2.

RS2 bumper

RS4 Bumper

They look the same with the exception that the RS4 bumper has the gills cut in the sides. And the lights, but I think you can get the RS2 bumper to take standard S2 fogs and indicators.

£108 + Shipping for the RS2 bumper and £120 + Shipping for the RS4. You've still got to paint it, but surely its the best value bumper out there.
    Spoke to the guy thru email, was all set to order, then other costs cropped up with the car, and it got set back, then the fookn insurance came up, and figured i would have to keep the car looking standard to keep the insurance costs down

It's still something I want, I just don't have the money, unfortunately! Not even £150! Got things like a drive to be tarmacced (finally) the back garden turfing, and various other non car related crap that's suckin' my bank account dry. My bonnet and doors (peely lacquer) still look like s_h_i_t_e, and the spoiler would have sat in my garage for 6 months till I rustled up the cash to pay for it painting.

(Ok, cue violins... )

So in answer to your question, it's still on 'the list'

PJ
    'The Bacofoil Express'...

No more.

Leon TDI 150 run in now.

Very slow.

Needs a chip.

Comment

• With my limited German skills I manage to read that there are 2 versions of the RS2 bumber. "For DE fogs and for normal ones". I presume they mean DE fogs = porsche lights and normal = audi lights (that are DE also!).
      And they say that the bumper fits the original mounting points so it's not one of these glue-on covers only. I've noticed this ebay item also and I'm a bit interested just because of that mounting thing.

One word of warning thou, my friend ordered a KER-Innovatec version of the rs2 bumber. It's the same as bumperboer sells. Beware! The porsche lights do NOT fit! The indicator space is too low and after you can make the indicator fit there will be 1,5cm gap between the lights. And there is nothing where bolt the lights onto. C**p! And the mesh is some steel one that weights a ton and has bloody sharp edges. And wheel arch mountings are separate parts and need to be glued on. And the plastic cover was broken in one place, probably was a bit stuck in the mould when done -> they've sent it anyway -> no QC. Great! Turned out to be a few words of warning

And oh yes. They forgot to send the meshes and arch fittings in the first place!

It is possible that CMC sells just the KER-Innova model!
      -

Comment

Working...
      X