Top Mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Mounts

Looks like I'll be replacing the topmounts on my car, along with the rest of the suspension bushes. Is anybody interested in a group purchase of Tim's rose-jointed mounts? Just trying to get an idea of how much interest there is.

Tim, what sort of numbers do you need to make a group purchase worthwhile and what sort of price are we looking at?

Alistair

Any pics and details? Would be very interesting! I guess these are to preffer instead of the Blue urquattro ones?

Vegard

Comment

Vegard

Haven't posted a link to another thread before so this probably wont work. If it doesn't, go to the sunspension and steering forum and look at the thread "Where to buy top mounts". There is some discussion there regarding the different options and also some pictures of Tim's rose-jointed mounts.

Alistair

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...3&page=4&pp=15

Comment

top mounts

yes please i would have 2 sets if there was a group buy
        S2,s ARE COOL,MATT GREEN GOLFS ON THROTTLE BODIES ARE HOT.

Comment

Wheeeeeeee!

Read all the threads Alistar! My neck start to hurt!!! I must say that I have the green topmounts on my list for upgrade, but they are now removed and replaced by this apparantly perfect upgrade!
          I'll defenetly be in on a group buy!!

Comment

sounds very nice but i have the idea that a lot of the noise from suspension and vibration will reach the interior now!

Comment

@jeroen

Have You read through the thread that Alistar got here? Doesent seem to be any problem for the guys who have tried them!

Vegard

Comment

Originally posted by jeroen
                sounds very nice but i have the idea that a lot of the noise from suspension and vibration will reach the interior now!
                from what users have said, there is no increased road noise and only precise steering and handling.
                Joe "NoNonsense"
                axis motorsport
                joe@axismotorsport.com

"At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go back in the same box."

Comment

I may be interested in a set, I will check them when I adjust the suspension and fit my AP's next week.

Greg
                  Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

ok so sounds good.!
                    might get it sorted in future as well, at the moment to much other things to fix.

Comment

Anyone else interested? Not sure six sets would be enough for a group buy. Maybe Tim could let us know if he's around.

Alistair

Comment

Originally posted by Alistair E
                        Anyone else interested? Not sure six sets would be enough for a group buy. Maybe Tim could let us know if he's around.

Alistair
                        A few of us were trying to get a group purchase going here in the US, too...but I think only 8 people are interested....
                        Joe "NoNonsense"
                        axis motorsport
                        joe@axismotorsport.com

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsense
                          A few of us were trying to get a group purchase going here in the US, too...but I think only 8 people are interested....
                          is it the one started on AW? i'm currently in that and haven't heard of it dying, but then again, i'm not there too often (just happened by it the day after the initial post went up) so i could be behind the times....
                          1993 UrS4...aka the rocket powered living room

Comment

I might be interested if they're not too expensive? How much for the stock mounts, and how much would these ones be from a group buy?
                            Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Originally posted by ottawa coupe
                              is it the one started on AW? i'm currently in that and haven't heard of it dying, but then again, i'm not there too often (just happened by it the day after the initial post went up) so i could be behind the times....
                              contact Alex at Europrice.
                              Joe "NoNonsense"
                              axis motorsport
                              joe@axismotorsport.com

Comment

Working...
                              X