No announcement yet.

Top Mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Al - what would be the price if it were just the 4 of us by Baschurch?
    Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Am definitely not a goer for this one - broke me gearbox about 20 mins ago. Crunch.

Sorry chaps

Paul
      'The Bacofoil Express'...

No more.

Leon TDI 150 run in now.

Very slow.

Needs a chip.

Comment

Any updates on this group buy? I definitely need new top mounts and want to install them at the Garage meet, but don't want to go down the route of using the cruddy stock ones again for them to fail within 6 months as usual... What numbers are we up to? What will the price be if it stays at this number? Will they be made in time for the garage meet?
        Sorry for the barrage of anxiety!

Comment

sorry to hear about the gearbox mate. Have you found out exactly what has gone in it?
          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

I will speak to Tim probably tomorrow and post an update over the weekend.

Alistair

Comment

Tim himself is fitting mine tomorrow as well as his new brand of bushes
              ABY Coupe
              sigpic

Comment

How did it go - how are the new top mounts?!

Comment

Sorry for late reply, The mounts are greate! Steering has improved and the car feels like its a new one

My old top mounts kept wearing out within a few months so at last some peace of mind

They are more expensive than ordinary ones, but, 1 : read my sig, 2 : lasts forever

In combination with the the new Mr coopers finest bushes the car sits firm on the road

Finally got my steering wheel straight after 3 yrs
                  ABY Coupe
                  sigpic

Comment

So....

When are we going for a GB, and whats te price??!
                    Time to get the plan for the spring-upgrade in place!

Vegard

Comment

Glad to hear they're an improvement - any difference in the ride quality or noise/vibrations?
                      I need new top mounts, and I need them in time for hte Baschurch meet - I am prepared to splurge on these custom jobbies if they can be done in time? If not, I'll get on to VAG parts straight away?

Comment

Dan_b! Tims mounts are worth the wait and money!

I've had them now on my car for several months and I can say they are fantastic! Here on the States our roads are subjected to all sorts of vile weather and so they become moon craters and such. I can tell you that they are a revelation and with out doubt the best investment I've made for the car in awhile. Now I gotta get a set for my ladies sedan. Got any laying around Tim?!

Comment

I cant comment much as I had my bushes done at the same time all 16 of them, but with the bushes and these mounts it feels like my suspension is slightly stiffer and the steering is more precise. Seems like my regular roundabout passes by a lot faster too
                          ABY Coupe
                          sigpic

Comment

Great - I just need an answer of whether I can get them for Baschurch ...

Comment

last i heard tim accepts credit cards
                              ABY Coupe
                              sigpic

Comment

@ Tim - you have a PM!

Comment

Working...
                                X