No announcement yet.

Top Mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ski, which bushes did you get m8? I had the ally subframe & polymer wishbone bushes done when last at Tims, along with the top mounts.

Vast improvement indeed. That reminds me, need to find out about suspension kits!
    acidtrax

Comment

Spoke to Tim last week, hes still hoping to make it at least one fo the days for the garage meet, though it looks like its going to coincide with the touring car going round oulton, so chances are hell be there sunday.
      Cheers
      Gav
      S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

hi,all

sorry for the delay replying to pm,s etc.alisters doing the group buy he will deliver them to the meet please clarify to him who wants them.....tim

Comment

I've been in contact with Tim and made some arrangements. Price is 164.50 including vat. I can bring them with me to Baschurch on the Saturday or I can post them (postage will be extra). If you want a set, send me a pm and we will sort out method of payment (but not credit cards).
          I will have mine on the car very shortly so I will be able to give some more feedback, especially as I changing suspension parts one at a time. That way I will have some idea as to whether a part has made a difference to the feel of the car.

Alistair

Comment

Originally posted by gavs20v
            Spoke to Tim last week, hes still hoping to make it at least one fo the days for the garage meet, though it looks like its going to coincide with the touring car going round oulton, so chances are hell be there sunday.
            Cheers
            Gav
            gavs correct i am at oulton park with the racecar on sat,but i,ll try to be at baschurch on sunday......tim

Comment

@Alistair - you have a PM
              Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Dan and anyone else whose interested.
                Fitted the top mounts on Wednesday evening. Not too bad a job, certainly easier than the subframe mounts which were done at the weekend.
                Car certainly feels better, although one of the topmounts I removed had distorted. Steering feels a bit lighter to turn, but not much. Turning into corners the car seems more responsive. I would not say that they make a massive improvement to the handling but I would say there is an improvement.
                The main difference should be how long they last. My last set of blue mounts lasted about 12 months and I don't do more than 8k a year. If these last more than 3 years, and Tim says they should be good for at least 10, then they will have easily paid for themselves.
                I would say if you are due for new mounts, get these.

Alistair

Comment

My old mounts are totally shot: I've got time on the ramp at Baschurch to fit some new mounts, so will get a set of these off you please!
                  Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Originally posted by Alistair E
                    Dan and anyone else whose interested.
                    Fitted the top mounts on Wednesday evening. Not too bad a job, certainly easier than the subframe mounts which were done at the weekend.
                    Car certainly feels better, although one of the topmounts I removed had distorted. Steering feels a bit lighter to turn, but not much. Turning into corners the car seems more responsive. I would not say that they make a massive improvement to the handling but I would say there is an improvement.
                    The main difference should be how long they last. My last set of blue mounts lasted about 12 months and I don't do more than 8k a year. If these last more than 3 years, and Tim says they should be good for at least 10, then they will have easily paid for themselves.
                    I would say if you are due for new mounts, get these.

Alistair
                    You have a PM
                    Alastair
                    RS2

Comment

Going to be picking up the mounts on the Friday just before Baschurch. At the moment, there are only two people who are definites, alg and dan_b.
                      I read back through the previous posts to see if there was anybody else. The only people who expressed an interest were DJAVANT, bluS2 and S2AVANT95M. Would these people let me know if they are still interested. Is anyone else interested. For those outside the UK, pm me with your location and I will get some costs for postage. If you want more than one set, let me know as this will obviously affect the postage costs.

Alistair

Comment

Although not in the group buy i had these fitted at the weekend at Tims, Standard car bar a set of 18's. Old top mounts were worn but not passed it. Both drop links were also replaced with QRsports adjustable ones.
                        Very noticeable feel over the original, it actually feels like an s2 should. As stated steering is lighter, no adverse noise or vibration regardless of road condition. Two most noticeable differences were under heavy braking, stright and controlled as opposed to squirming around which it was doing previously, also far more positive turn in, really noticable on roundabouts. All in very very impressed, id recommend these to anyone replacing theres, regardless if its a mega performance modded s2 or boggo standard. Fourrings (jas) also picked his up at the weekend after having his front end rebuilt, hopefully hell also add his comments and thoughts.
                        Hope this helps
                        Gav
                        S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

Yep, agree 100%, As gav says, steering is lighter, feels like you are more in touch with what the front wheels are upto. More precise turn in and control under braking.
                          I always used to get a steering wheel vibration/wobble at 60/65mph, that I always put down to a problem with one of the front wheels or tyres, concluded it must have been a wheel, as numerous tyre balancing sessions failed to ease it,,,,,,but,,,,,,that has now gone altogether,,,,,rock solid, steady steering at any speed.

Tim, Jan and Chris are now in my will, after what they have done for me
                          2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
                          2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
                          1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

Is the group buy still in progess?

Comment

I have some topmounts available if anyone is interested. Send a pm if you are.

Alistair

Comment

Spoke to Tim today. Some people expressed an interest in mounts in different colours. Tim confirmed that he is having some mounts annodised red. If anyone is interested, let me know.

Alistair

Comment

Working...
                                X