Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blu_s2
    I'm one of the ones up for this GB.

Anyone got any comments on teh rears? I reckon these are overkill for the rear mounts?
    Anything that helps stiffen up the car will improve handling to a degree. Problem is not knowing how it will effect the ride comfort of the car so its all a trade off depending what you want and what you prepared to live with.
    Chris
    Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
    20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jogi730
      Problem is not knowing how it will effect the ride comfort of the car so its all a trade off depending what you want and what you prepared to live with.
      Chris
      I was under the impression that they have negligable affect on ride quality. at any rate, while i certainly a noob when it comes to these cars, i've not heard people saying/complaining the rears are shot. so yeah, they might be overkill at the back.

let's put it this way, i doubt any of my tires are pointing the same direction right now but when i order, i'll only get a set for the front.
      1993 UrS4...aka the rocket powered living room

Comment

You guys are paying 140+ vat for stock Top mounts (green ones).

I bought mine in germany green top mounts x 4 = 85 euro including vat and shipping that is around 58 £.

So 140+vat for a pair seems very expensive.

/Jonas R.
        Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

jonas they are made i aluminium there is no rubber ,and it´s screwed in on top,so it´s not the same.
          Regards
          RIX

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas_R
            You guys are paying 140+ vat for stock Top mounts (green ones).

I bought mine in germany green top mounts x 4 = 85 euro including vat and shipping that is around 58 £.

So 140+vat for a pair seems very expensive.

/Jonas R.
            You can buy greens at about £30 a pair and Blues for about £50 a pair. The QRSport items have a high poundage spherical rosejoint which cost quite a lot of money to produce, but these items should last much much longer, so worth the money in labour costs saved iwhen repalcing alone (unless you lucky enough to be able to do the job yourself).
            Chris
            Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
            20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

When is this buy happening? - waiting for pay day!
              Cheers,
              Chasman
              1994 RS2 in RS Blue Pearlescent

Comment

Couple of replies.

Chasman
                I only have three sets to order at the moment, I was hoping for 10 sets. Group buy will depend on numbers but I will be ordering within the next two weeks, group buy or not.

Jonas R
                As Rix said, these are not standard mounts. They are rose jointed aluminium mounts, no rubber. They have no vertical float when fitted.

Dan B
                If you've been quoted £150 for standard mounts fitted, I would definitely go for the group buy. I'm sure fitting them could be tackled at the Baschurch meet. When I've replaced these mounts in the past, I have removed the strut. However, I recently saw a post that said it was possible to replace them without removing the strut completely. You're decision.

Thanks

Alistair

Comment

The problem I'm trying to solve is sluggish turn in and a lack of response from the steering about 10 degrees either side of centred - will these definitely help with that? If the answer is yes then I'm in...

Tom is going to fit PowerFlex bushes to everything else and I am hoping to get some aluminium sub-frame mounts. If that doesn't sharpen things up I'm going to sell the car and buy an Integrale With the engine where it is I wonder if I'm throwing money at an insoluble problem...
                  Cheers,
                  Chasman

Comment

@Alistair
                    Hmm, I see your point! When and where is the next garage meet, are there still spaces on the ramp, could I be squeezed in if I did this?
                    Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Dan

Check the postings on the Baschurch meet in "Gatherings & Events" Forum. The meet is at the end of February.

Alistair

Comment

Ta, will have a look, see if there might stillbe space/time to fit me in...

Comment

Alastair - I want some but will have to wait till payday - usual hangover from xmas with a few k on the credit card to clear etc.

Get paid next Friday - will you have ordered by then? If so I'll sort my own out, no point in slowing everyone else down if there's not going to be a cost break.

Paul
                          'The Bacofoil Express'...

No more.

Leon TDI 150 run in now.

Very slow.

Needs a chip.

Comment

Ok - if they can be supplied for the Baschurch meet, and we can fit them on the car that weekend, I'll take two fronts - how much would that be for cash?!

Comment

Chasman - No guarentees that these will sort your steering problem. That would depend on what the cause is.

Price is £140 + vat per set. This is the discounted price for 10 sets. Currently we have 4 sets including me.
                              Me
                              BluS2
                              dan b
                              BaS2

I don't know if Tim will be that flexible on numbers for the group buy. I'll be at Baschurch for at least one of the days.
                              If anyone else is seriously interested. I will be looking to finalise numbers on Friday 4th Feb. The group buy will only go ahead if we have sufficient numbers to get a discount. When I have final numbers I will contact Tim to see if he is willing to give the discount.

Alistair

Comment

I have a new set of greens with only 5-6000 on them and don't want to blow a ton and a half for uncertain gains. I'll put the money towards PowerFlex bushes throughout and replce the top mounts when they wear out. I'll pass.

Originally posted by Alistair E
                                Chasman - No guarentees that these will sort your steering problem. That would depend on what the cause is.

Price is £140 + vat per set. This is the discounted price for 10 sets. Currently we have 4 sets including me.
                                Me
                                BluS2
                                dan b
                                BaS2

I don't know if Tim will be that flexible on numbers for the group buy. I'll be at Baschurch for at least one of the days.
                                If anyone else is seriously interested. I will be looking to finalise numbers on Friday 4th Feb. The group buy will only go ahead if we have sufficient numbers to get a discount. When I have final numbers I will contact Tim to see if he is willing to give the discount.

Alistair
                                Cheers,
                                Chasman

Comment

Working...
                                X