No announcement yet.

GROUP BUY INTEREST - Fluidampr Harmonic Dampner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sending a prototype of to Jeff@FRP next week for him to determine if we should move forward with production or not. There is NO other option on the market for the I5 so be patient
    Issam N. Abed
    iABED Industries
    iABED Email | Facebook
    The build thread

Comment

Originally posted by Wizard-of-OD View Post
      There is NO other option on the market for the I5 so be patient
      What do you mean by that?

Comment

Originally posted by kenax View Post
        What do you mean by that?
        There is no proper aftermarket serpentine dampner designed to be an OEM replacement for the AAN motor. This will be the first.
        Issam N. Abed
        iABED Industries
        iABED Email | Facebook
        The build thread

Comment

It'll be interesting to hear what Jeff has to say. The 260mph urs4 sedan!

Comment

Issam I know this is an annoying question but what do you think the time frame is on seeing these
            made. I'm about to buy a new AAN stock damper from Audi tradition for my build if I can't source
            a damper that wouldn't require messing with all my engine accessories.

Comment

Originally posted by orignalS60 View Post
              Issam I know this is an annoying question but what do you think the time frame is on seeing these
              made. I'm about to buy a new AAN stock damper from Audi tradition for my build if I can't source
              a damper that wouldn't require messing with all my engine accessories.
              Audi tradition is over $1200!
              if you need one that badly I can do a replica unit like I did for Hap/Jeff but it is:
              1. Not cheap (not $1200 either)
              2. Untested
              so long as you have 0 balanced your internals (removed weight from the counterweights on the crankshaft) then you will be fine to run one.
              No matter what crankshaft pulley you use , it has to be zero balanced. That is the unfortunate part about the Inline-5 motors. Audi did them in such a way that you HAVE TO use the accessory pulley associated with the crankshaft otherwise you are stuck with dismantling the motor and zero balancing everything. The good news is once you have zero balanced the internals , swaping out crank pulleys is not an issue whether you go back to OEM AAN or Fluidampr.
              Issam N. Abed
              iABED Industries
              iABED Email | Facebook
              The build thread

Comment

Originally posted by Wizard-of-OD View Post
                Audi tradition is over $1200!
                if you need one that badly I can do a replica unit like I did for Hap/Jeff but it is:
                1. Not cheap (not $1200 either)
                2. Untested
                so long as you have 0 balanced your internals (removed weight from the counterweights on the crankshaft) then you will be fine to run one.
                No matter what crankshaft pulley you use , it has to be zero balanced. That is the unfortunate part about the Inline-5 motors. Audi did them in such a way that you HAVE TO use the accessory pulley associated with the crankshaft otherwise you are stuck with dismantling the motor and zero balancing everything. The good news is once you have zero balanced the internals , swaping out crank pulleys is not an issue whether you go back to OEM AAN or Fluidampr.
                UPDATE:

Hi Everyone ,
                We are full steam ahead with the 2.7TT units. I have incorporated into the design a hub ring that will allow fitment for 2.2 AAN units.
                Right now the ABY, ADU & 3B have too small an inner volume to allow for the 2.7TT unit to be used.

If you are interested in an AAN unit , you will need to confirm by the end of next week (Before December 15th). For the AAN's what we are doing is taking the 2.7TT Fluidampr's off the assembly line before there final 2 operations (hole punching and plating) and doing the required machine work to them for AAN fitment.
                As of right now , we only have 4 people (including myself) interested.

- mac2226
                - FRP x 2
                - Wizard-of-OD x 1

Becuase we are doing a limited run of the 2.7TT and at this time Fluidampr has no intentions of making this a shelf stock item , we are pretty much limited to what is available right now.
                Issam N. Abed
                iABED Industries
                iABED Email | Facebook
                The build thread

Comment

Hello Issam,

Since I'm doing a refurbish of my AAN next spring I'm interested. This also means that the balancing won't a problem, since I'll be upgrading the internals so that's a must anyway. But if I understand correctly I'll have to convert from V-Belt to serpentine belt.
                  Is that doable if I want to retain all the original AAN items at their stock locations? I'm guessing adaptations to the hydraulic pump, AC pump, the generator and some rollers and tensioners? Maybe someone has done this before and can give me some idea how doable this is?
                  Also, for my ABY: Will this dampener become available for ABY?

Thank you for your time.
                  5 cilinder addict:
                  1995 UrS6, 2.2 turbo, daily driver, EFI coilkit, custom exhaust.
                  1993 S2, 2.2 turbo, ABY, long term project.
                  2006 Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCI. Because reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by VagOrBust View Post
                    Hello Issam,

Since I'm doing a refurbish of my AAN next spring I'm interested. This also means that the balancing won't a problem, since I'll be upgrading the internals so that's a must anyway. But if I understand correctly I'll have to convert from V-Belt to serpentine belt.
                    Is that doable if I want to retain all the original AAN items at their stock locations? I'm guessing adaptations to the hydraulic pump, AC pump, the generator and some rollers and tensioners? Maybe someone has done this before and can give me some idea how doable this is?
                    Also, for my ABY: Will this dampener become available for ABY?

Thank you for your time.
                    If you have an AAN then this will be a direct swap for you. If you have an ABY , Brian Tonks is taking care of that market.
                    Issam N. Abed
                    iABED Industries
                    iABED Email | Facebook
                    The build thread

Comment

Yes just to bump this thread, the first batch of ABY fluid dampers will be shipped to me in about 3 weeks, if you wish to add to the order please get in touch at briantonks@tonks4x4.com, as I don't get to visit on here very often of late...
                      Audi Nut!!!

Comment

Thank you both for replying. Since I have both an AAN and an ABY it's time to update the list and contact Brian:
                        - mac2226 x 1
                        - FRP x 2
                        - Wizard-of-OD x 1
                        - VagOrBust x 1
                        5 cilinder addict:
                        1995 UrS6, 2.2 turbo, daily driver, EFI coilkit, custom exhaust.
                        1993 S2, 2.2 turbo, ABY, long term project.
                        2006 Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCI. Because reasons.

Comment

I think I might have to jump on this one (AAN), but I have 2 questions:
                          1) clearance between my crank pulley and intercooler is minimal, did I read correctly that I'd lose 8mm of clearance?
                          2) I have an 034 60-2 wheel which off the top of my head is welded to the accessory pulley... Wondering if there will be a compatibility issue or if I'd need a different solution.
                          http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/ii11/minipitt1/

Comment

Originally posted by VagOrBust View Post
                            Thank you both for replying. Since I have both an AAN and an ABY it's time to update the list and contact Brian:
                            - mac2226 x 1
                            - FRP x 2
                            - Wizard-of-OD x 1
                            - VagOrBust x 1
                            Yes please do.
                            Originally posted by 90/90qs View Post
                            I think I might have to jump on this one (AAN), but I have 2 questions:
                            1) clearance between my crank pulley and intercooler is minimal, did I read correctly that I'd lose 8mm of clearance?
                            2) I have an 034 60-2 wheel which off the top of my head is welded to the accessory pulley... Wondering if there will be a compatibility issue or if I'd need a different solution.
                            1. You won't lose any clearance. If you have room for an AAN pulley , you have room for one of these.
                            2. Which accessory pulley? Do you have a picture?
                            Issam N. Abed
                            iABED Industries
                            iABED Email | Facebook
                            The build thread

Comment

I need to get in on this. I need a setup that will work with a tall block stroker. The 185mm 2.5 TDI Eurovan setup looks perfect for me. Is that using the 3b waterpump as the tensioner? I can't tell from the photo.

Comment

Originally posted by jsol View Post
                                I need to get in on this. I need a setup that will work with a tall block stroker. The 185mm 2.5 TDI Eurovan setup looks perfect for me. Is that using the 3b waterpump as the tensioner? I can't tell from the photo.
                                Just email me the specifics.
                                Issam N. Abed
                                iABED Industries
                                iABED Email | Facebook
                                The build thread

Comment

Working...
                                X