• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you need:

M12x1.5 cap head bolts - 65 mm length - strength 10.9 - 4 pcs
    M12 washer - 4 pcs
    M12x1.5 - strength 10.9 self locking nut - 4 pcs
    AKmotorsport.net - Manufacturing Motorsport parts that do the job. | Audi S2 on Facebook | Best way of reaching me is sending email to albert@akmotorsport.net

Comment

• I just ordered some off eBay. I went for the more normal 12.9 grade for cap heads. Should be fine.

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

• 12.9 is more than needed.
        AKmotorsport.net - Manufacturing Motorsport parts that do the job. | Audi S2 on Facebook | Best way of reaching me is sending email to albert@akmotorsport.net

Comment

• Originally posted by diesel des View Post
          I just ordered some off eBay. I went for the more normal 12.9 grade for cap heads. Should be fine.

Can you share the link?
          96 URS6 plus speck saloon
          96 URS6 plus speck estate
          94 2.6 80 Avant
          99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

• Check out this item I found on eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...051159&alt=web

Comment

• Thanks for the link Des.I did spot that it says it's not suitable for external use.
              94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

• So those linked are not suitable?

Comment

• They are just stock black oil coating. Grease them on installation and Paint them and once installed.

Comment

• Albert received mine this week. Great products as
                    usual! Any chance you have a preferred place to
                    buy the hardware for these or can you supply the
                    hardware?

Comment

• Working to install the caster mounts & have a question. Do the bushings from Albert need to be split to install over anti roll bar or do I need to use a little more muscle?
                      "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

• Originally posted by A1QSHIP View Post
                        Working to install the caster mounts & have a question. Do the bushings from Albert need to be split to install over anti roll bar or do I need to use a little more muscle?
                        Sorted. I did not split the bushing. Just needed to get midevil on it's butt.
                        "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

• What's the new castor setting look like on full lock ?

Whenever it 's finished and tracked.

Thanks.

Comment

• Did mine today, got the bolt suggested by Abert and they fit fine. The brackets also fit fine. Make sure they are both fitted the correct around

Doesn't appear to need to be tracked.

Ghetto comment, on full lock the inside wheel leans over a bit like a Merc wheel, and the outside one appears a bit more upright on full lock. Too too soon check any improvement to handling as only drove it around the block. Dark and even colder when I finished a 8pm after starting a 12.00pm. (Changed the oil as well).

The bushes were levered into position on the FARB by placing it in a slightly open bench vice and lift the bar up or down depending on which end was being fitted. There is no need to cut them. Grease the inside of the bush with the clear grease provided by Albert. Clean the anti roll bard well first to allow you to slide on the two bushes from each respective end and also so as the grease is not contaminated unnecessarily.

Will be driving it this week so that will tell a story.

Wheels do sit further forward in the front wheel arch on side profile. Is not noticeable except by the likes of me.

Like anything to do with C4 front suspension, it is hard tiring work on a wet gravel driveway with axle stands and trolley jacks. No fault of the brackets though, thanks for making them.

My S8 Mk1 255/35/18 not longer rub on the rear arch on full lock. Now just need to replace both wheels arch lines as they have been rubbed away by the tyres.

Hope this feedback helps other C4 owners.

Comment

• Originally posted by macspring View Post
                              Did mine today, got the bolt suggested by Abert and they fit fine. The brackets also fit fine. Make sure they are both fitted the correct around

Doesn't appear to need to be tracked.

Ghetto comment, on full lock the inside wheel leans over a bit like a Merc wheel, and the outside one appears a bit more upright on full lock. Too too soon check any improvement to handling as only drove it around the block. Dark and even colder when I finished a 8pm after starting a 12.00pm. (Changed the oil as well).

The bushes were levered into position on the FARB by placing it in a slightly open bench vice and lift the bar up or down depending on which end was being fitted. There is no need to cut them. Grease the inside of the bush with the clear grease provided by Albert. Clean the anti roll bard well first to allow you to slide on the two bushes from each respective end and also so as the grease is not contaminated unnecessarily.

Will be driving it this week so that will tell a story.

Wheels do sit further forward in the front wheel arch on side profile. Is not noticeable except by the likes of me.

Like anything to do with C4 front suspension, it is hard tiring work on a wet gravel driveway with axle stands and trolley jacks. No fault of the brackets though, thanks for making them.

My S8 Mk1 255/35/18 not longer rub on the rear arch on full lock. Now just need to replace both wheels arch lines as they have been rubbed away by the tyres.

Hope this feedback helps other C4 owners.

Cool. Any pictures of them installed. Are the wheelarch linersstill available. non s cars are not the same....

Your tracking is bound to be out.

Comment

• Well done Macspring, looking forward to hearing how it drives this coming week.

94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X