No announcement yet.

The dreaded Avant fuel filter!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

would it be possible to reposition this ****** somewhere else?

i have to change my 044 now as well as it started making noises more than the usual

Comment

Originally posted by S-Express View Post
      Nope - but it made it easier!
      Car is near the end of a 9 month long rear end total strip down and rebuild - everything perishable has been renewed (filter, seals, bushes etc etc) and all suspension parts have been blasted and powder coated.... cost me an arm and a leg!
      Hi, where did you get the parts blasted & coated ? would you recommend them ?
      Audi S2 Coupe 1995
      VW Passat GL5 (hatch) 1986
      VW Passat GL 1.8 (saloon) 1986
      Carrera Subway 8

Comment

Vas, change the filter first, if its starting to block up it might be making the pump noisy.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
        sigpic

Comment

you think? again? filter was just changed 1 year ago!!! damn!

Comment

Hmm, that's quite soon.. but the guy in the article above says "change your filter every 15k miles" ! Anyway your 044 has not done a lot of miles has it?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

well it was first put in when i did the 3071 conversion and that has been near to 95K kms now.

fuel filter may have done something like little over 10K kms

Comment

Filter changed OMG we will never do that again on a avant that hasn't been done before in the past, 17 year old filter on the car, couldn't blow through it

Might put full details in my project thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                  17 year old filter on the car, couldn't blow through it

You might want to start an archeological dig in there
                  http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Audi do say they are fitted for life.........................WTF

Comment

Maybe fuel is not as clean as it used to be..

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

I'm sure leaded fuel was legal when my Avant was produced

Comment

It seems to make scene to me that with an 044 pump you could need to change the filter more often . The 044 has a much higher flow rate than the standard pump and Whether you using the extra fuel delivery or just cruising on a motorway the extra fuel is still pumped through the filter to the engine bay and bled back to the tank by the FPR . I guessing this could be 3 times what the normal flow through the filter may be and thus the filter may clog up faster . Given the fact that none of us has fitted a new fuel tank and there is probably a lot of crud in there that will be disturbed when we through it through a few bends just adds to the likelihood of the filter needing to be changed more often . It is making me think that maybe a bigger filter or 2 standard ones should be used (in a different location of course) with the 044 pump.

Comment

i need to change the gas filter....thanks for posting.

http://audi-diy.blogspot.com.br/2007...placement.html

i buy a wega filter....not audi oem....but wega made filters for ferrari and lambos...lets see if it works fine.

Comment

I have this to do and thought i'd add the actual fuel filter part number for the S2 avant as i've not seen it mentioned anywhere

441201511C
                              Avant filter on left and note the difference to the coupe version on the right:
                              1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

Thanks to Tonks my fuel filter is 1/3 of the size above and lies in the engine bay. Racing filter with washable internal element. No more problems with the original one!

Comment

Working...
                                X