This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello mister Hansen!

It's all you need, and a little more.. you don't need the banjo, the Rs2 allready have this.

Comment

Great Thanks for the info...
      Audi RS4+Long sportquattro
      www.hansenmotorsport.no

Comment

Originally posted by Doug_RS2 View Post
        And now the pump will slip in the mount but not all the way down - you will notice the pump has 2 grooves that stick out.

You have to cut some grooves in the top of the mount so the pump will slip down that extra 10-15mm. You don't want to push the pump all the way down so it touches the bottom of th estrainer - that will restrict flow. And you don't want to leave it sticking up - you will run out of fuel and risk fuel starvation.

So cut the grooves bit by bit until it sits near the bottom of the strainer. I just used a cable tie round the top of the mount to hold the pump in - it won't be moving! Cuts marked by arrows in pic - I did 3 equally spaced around the mount.

If you leave it sitting too high - you could get the pump touching the top of the tank/gauge and it could make a funny drone.
        Just mounted my new 044 pump and i sits tight. BUT: fuel+electricity=bad combo ?
        What have others done with the wiring connection here? On the original pump there is some sort of plastic protection over the connections, but this will not fit over the new 044 pump. Is the wiring supposed to be naked as shown on the picture here???
        www.hansenmotorsport.no

Comment

It shouldnt be an issue since it is DC and both terminals are insulated themselves
          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Does anyone know if its possible to fit these pumps to the couple without the banjo bolt and using the RS2 fuel line instead?

I went and bought the wrong part

Cheers.
            Bo
            91 S2 coupé - RIP
            98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
              It shouldnt be an issue since it is DC and both terminals are insulated themselves
              What to you mean it is DC??
              www.hansenmotorsport.no

Comment

There isnt going to be any sparks between the two terminals when they are connected to the pump as they are
                Greg

Comment

Is the URS4 fuel pump setup the same?

I am going to do mine today will get some photos on.

Craig
                  Audi A6 AEL 5cyl Quattro breaking.
                  Audi A5 3.0tdi Quattro Stage 2

Comment

Originally posted by K7ERG View Post
                    Is the URS4 fuel pump setup the same?

I am going to do mine today will get some photos on.

Craig
                    The UrS4/S6 fuel pump is similar (43 mm diameter). Fitting the 044 (or 005, 040) is the same as for the S2, i.e. you need the 60 mm diameter basket, banjo bolt, acorn nut, etc.
                    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Hi

Where is the pump located? 92 model

I had the top off the tank but couldnt see the pump on the plastic part. Is the pump located further down in the tank??? Tank is full and couldnt see it.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by K7ERG View Post
                        Hi

Where is the pump located? 92 model

I had the top off the tank but couldnt see the pump on the plastic part. Is the pump located further down in the tank??? Tank is full and couldnt see it.

Craig
                        First of all, do yourself a big favour: either postpone this project until your tank is almost empty, e.g. the fuel warning light is on OR carefully siphon the fuel out of the tank. The fuel pump is down in the bottom, in a little reservoir. See below for some hints:

http://www.elektro.com/~audi/fuelpump/

Also here's one on relaying the fuel pump directly to the battery to give it more power (it has some useful photos in it as well):

http://forums.audiworld.com/s4s6/msgs/149790.phtml

Dave F.
                        RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Cheers mate

Craig

Comment

Pump removal

Apologies for duplicating this post from my "Non Starter" post. Can anyone confirm which way the fuel pump basket should rotate in order to release it for removal. Also, how much should it rotate and how much force should I use. I've tried a oil filter removal strap with a reasonable amount of force but it doesn't seem to want to move.

Any help gratefully received

Alistair

Comment

From memory it is anti clockwise to release about 1/4 turn
                              Greg

Comment

Looking to order all these bits and pieces for 044 pump install on my Coupe.
                                Not sure I have this 100% right as there is conflicting info here and RS2 confusion... Plus the family album is less than clear in this area.

I haven't reccied the job yet so don't know the way the fuel line hooks up to standard ABY pump...

895 201 779 H Reservoir (60mm type from NM, 7A - needs some mods to house the 044 pump)
                                895 201 531 A Strainer (same as on ABY, but may as well get a fresh one so I can check alongside each other)
                                N 903 307 01 Adapter / Banjo (is this all I need to hook up with existing fuel line ?)
                                N 013 812 8 Sealing Washers x 2 (either side of Banjo adapter)
                                N 011 069 1 Domed Nut (holds it all down)

PS - Hate working on fuel tanks... gives me the heebie jeebies. Will I have a fight getting the old pump out without the special tool ?
                                Paul Nugent
                                Webmaster http://S2central.net
                                Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                                2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                                2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Working...
                                X