X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the copy one any good, does it work?

Comment

Alot of my friends is driving with that pump without any problems.. The only thing is that the pump doesn´t like E85 No problems at all with regular gas..

Comment

how do I fit the Banjo to the pump I have know shaft to sit it on ? best place to get one from ?
        service tec @ East Kent Audi
        S2 ABY
        B8.5 A4

Comment

Can you post a picture of your pump?
          sigpic
          1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
          1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
          1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

pn 0 580 254 044
            Attached Files
            service tec @ East Kent Audi
            S2 ABY
            B8.5 A4

Comment

Urgent 044 installation question ref fuel tank + Guide

Hi in the middle of fitting the kit using 7a basket

Do you trim the notches out of the actual tank too ?

The diameter of the new basket is being restricted by these notches, the basket itself has been trimmed already it's just literally the tank itself
              Last edited by andyg plym; 27 October 2013, 22:40.

Comment

Can you post some pics Andy?
                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Ah, got to do the exact same job. I'll be watching this with interest. Haven't got the 7a basket yet though... Where did you get yours Andy? Some say they are nla?
                  Old Stuff Reborn.

Comment

One for sale at the moment mate:

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68018
                    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Right just completed this and will update later , despite all the previous threads on here I never found it clear enough so I took pics as I went and I never realised that there is another part of the basket that remains in the tank .

Thanks nip and Alex for your advice. !

Comment

• Panthero CoupĂ© quattro 20vt
                        Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by andyg plym View Post
                          Right just completed this and will update later , despite all the previous threads on here I never found it clear enough so I took pics as I went and I never realised that there is another part of the basket that remains in the tank .

Thanks nip and Alex for your advice. !
                          Your welcome glad you got it sorted

Comment

• right just to update with some pics etc, now i have been through the hassle of fitting this i so hope others will read this and make sense.
                            I will cut to the chase, as you all know you access the pump from in the boot under the carpet:

1)Disconnect battery-obvious but easy to forget when you want to get stuck in.

2)Once you have removed the inspection panel you are greeted with the round tank "lid" and the annoying black bracket that holds it in place, remove the multi plug, the rubber pipe held on with a jubilee and then with a 17mm socket/spanner crack off the banjo bolt, be ready with a rag to catch the excess fuel.

3)Using a hammer and screwdriver gently knock the bracket anti clockwise until its loose enough to turn by hand, remove and you will then have the tank lid pop off.

4)Lift lid and undo the 17mm rubber hose's bolt off the underside of the lid, then the fuel float and power connections next to the hose, the lid should then be free and put it to one side ensuring you dont loose the rubber seal down the tank!

5)using a long screwdriver you will need to nudge the small retaining tab holding the pump in, with a slight wiggle you can pull the stock pump out.

6)once out you then need to remove the stock basket,sometimes you can get your hand in and rotate it 90 degrees and it will pop out,if you tried and failed like me you will have to remove the first of the retaining clips.

7)now the pump inner basket will come out, but now the fun begins and this is the bit I never could find any info on, you now need to get 2 pry bars in the tank to remove the outer part of the basket- i never knew this existed! I tried putting my 7a basket in and realised it wasnt going to fit due to the tabs left on the stock outer basket.

8)once you have managed to get this out you then need to install your pump,after you have securely put your wires on it and an outlet for the pump itself,I had issues with connections and also one way valves etc so in the end I just used a cheap outlet off ebay and the stock s2 hose.....worked for me!

9)once its all in place make sure its secure, I never needed to cable tie the pump in, it was a very snug fit in the 7a basket and fitted a dream! Put all the connections back on, and check there are no kinks in the hose, and then on to the last bit..

10)Put some grease on the black rubber seal and place in the opening of the tank,then once you are happy put the lid back down gently checking you dont force the seal down into the tank. Put the black retaining lid bracket on by hand (this will take a few attemts!) and gently tap it clockwise with a hammer and screwdriver, reconnect the pipes and plug and battery....and BOOM!!
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Andy,

Shall I merge this with http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14698
                              Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Yeah why not Greg, cheers ! Just trying to make it is easier for others as i personally could never find the last missing piece of the jigsaw

Comment

Working...
                                X