Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh, so that was the problem. i was using the cut ones on the back and the straight ones on the front. that solves my problem

i thought i was right because the front subframe holes are deeper than the rears...
    Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Yup, only the sleeves are longer - you will see them compress a bit when you tighten up the bolts onto the car.
      you'll like them - they're a good ride, tight but not too harsh
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
        And finally - just a snap for reference of the correct orientation of wishbone bolts. Torque setting on these is 40Nm plus 180 degrees. Not easy to do on the ground...

Paul

UPDATE - I have just realised the attached pic is labelled wrongly. This wishbone is actually from the opposite side and therefore FRONT and REAR should be swapped over as well. Sorry for any confusion - will try to dig up original pic and rectify labels.
        I'm fitting S2/cast front arms to my CQ, trying to figure out which side is which and which ball-joint goes on which side.............I thought all I had to do was check this thread.....clear as mud!!!
        Can someone tell me which side the arm in the pic belongs to, and is the ball joint pointing the right way.
        Cheers.

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/attachm...7&d=1199709850

Comment

drivers side

Comment

Originally posted by curlylee View Post
            drivers side
            I'm pretty sure it's the bottom side of the passenger one, balljoint is right but upside down!

Comment

Originally posted by John. View Post
              I'm pretty sure it's the bottom side of the passenger one, balljoint is right but upside down!
              Agreed.

Comment

Yup, the front side has a cutaway to clear for the anti roll bar which helps you figure out which way around it goes.
                91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Working...
                X