No announcement yet.

coupe 20v owners service manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are the kind of person that only ever puts £10 worth of petrol in your car at a any time, that is what happens. Problem is when you start filling it up and using it all that debris is break lose and start clogging up the strainer.
    91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
    93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
    94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

finally got some time to upload some phots:
      Managed to pull the tank

big paddle of petrol and water

Comment

the tank
        and couple of photos from under the car before tank removal

little bit of wd40
        the tank itself

and after

Comment

What caused the water to get under the tank?
          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Iam suspecting the boot seal rubber but, Not sure. Where the leak comes from.
            I have noticed some clean water in the same place last night. Also on the rear passenger floor.When I lifted a floor mat.
            I am tidying up the garage this weekend so the car can get inside.

Comment

Rear lights usually leak and need resealing, and the trim across the rear panel.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
              sigpic

Comment

A couple of points:

Firstly my thanks to Martin62 and Varia for their links to the Technician Service Training document which I had been unaware of. I have managed to acquire a Bently manual without entering into insolvency but this technicians manual is a real bonus regarding "how things work".

Secondly, that old chestnut - water leaks into the boot. That is one hell of a damp patch in your boot you've got there Lucas. I think I've read most of the water leak threads on the forum and most point to poor sealing around those big tail light units. However, before you dismantle them and try to reseal them with some gunge from Wickes I would look into the following.
                Rainwater from the rear roof and tailgate runs off into a channel surrounding the tailgate opening which has a black ribbed cover over its bottom edge. The rainwater is supposed to exit through a narrow gap on each side of the big red number plate surround, between the surround and each tail light. I realised that the bottom channel was completely blocked with fine pine needles and gunge from my car living under a tree with its previous owner. You can't see this because the ribbed cover hides the channel. As a result the rainwater builds up at each boot corner and defeats the tailgate seal. I removed the cover and cleaned out the channel which has made a great improvement with the result that my rear bulb holders are now dry.
                I hope that's of use, it worked for me.

Comment

That's some useful information. I was thinking myself that the boot seal gave up.
                  I will check all that tomorrow.
                  Lukas

Comment

As I was doing some research on the Net, I came accross some interesting documents.
                    Thought it may be handy for the other forum members.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mlo8qptxrb...-1992.rar?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0omp6b0cgy...anual.rar?dl=0
                    Lukas
                    Last edited by LukasR; 15 December 2016, 21:36.

Comment

Audi Manuals & Wiring Diagrams
                      Audi 80, 100, 200, Allroad Quattro, A3, S3, A4, A5, A6, R8RS2, RS4 manual pdf download, owner manual, EWD, Audi 5000, 80, 90, 100, TT, A6, 200, S4, Quattro wiring diagrams, handbook, parts

Comment

Working...
                      X