Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greg, I had the same problems with those bloody hex bolts this week. To drop the rear subframe, you need to jack it up and support on axle stands, then take out the main bolt through the diff mount and then you can (using a jack of some sort) jack up or down the rear diff. Having said all that the only way i managed to get the botton left hex off was to get an 8mm bit (not a socket) and then use a spanner on the bit of the hex that wasnt sunk into the bolt itself to turn it that way.

Good luck....the change was a real pain in the *** all becuase of access again.

David
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

you could try using some silicone spray on the bush and mount when refitting, it may help with the extra vibrations

Russ

have 5cylinders, quattro and 20 valves, but no turbo yet

Comment

What sort of silicone spray do you mean?

David, think I will try what tom did and buy some cheap allen keys which i can cut up to make it fit, how long are the hex screws?

Greg
        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

I'd have thought that because the fit on this new bush (p/flex one) is so tight that nothing would make much difference, i covered the sides of the bush in some slip to get it to slide between the metal mounting flanges but i have been quite suprised about how much more 'noise' it transmits back into the cabin.

The hex bolts are about an inch long i'd guess Greg, I tried to cut down my hexkey but ended up fooking up the saw

Cheers

David
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

something like this...

http://www.morbid.demon.co.uk/fr_ind...one-spray.html

reduces vibrations with on powerflex wishbone bushes etc so i assume the effect would be the same on this bush..

certainly sounds like a good product, its the same part for both S2 and cq20v from what i can gather so i think i'll do it to, i know i dont have the sort of power you guys have but it saves having to replace in future if nothing else

Russ

have 5cylinders, quattro and 20 valves, but no turbo yet

Comment

Can this bush be fitted to a sedan Q?
              Audi B4 TQ equipped with AAN and other nice parts

Comment

Working...
              X