95 S2 Limo Replica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Prosac View Post
    How did you adjust the vacuum brake booster?
    Not sure what you mean by adjustment of the brake booster?
    It is fitted to the bulkhead with an adapter, still has factory front to rear bias valve and adjust pedal with threaded rod although there is still a lot of pedal travel before brakes work?
    Need to investigate that but not had a chance to get near it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by sjw185 View Post

Not sure what you mean by adjustment of the brake booster?
      It is fitted to the bulkhead with an adapter, still has factory front to rear bias valve and adjust pedal with threaded rod although there is still a lot of pedal travel before brakes work?
      Need to investigate that but not had a chance to get near it yet.

Thank you. I have one more question. What is the outer diameter of the gray protective sleeve? I have the brake booster from the Audi A6 4F 3.0 Tdi (4F0612105G) and the piston rod with the protective sleeve does not fit through the bulkhead because the diameter (approx. 55-60mm) is too big.

408kw @ wheel

Comment

Not sure there is any chance for tandem booster protecting sleeve there if you push it through the bulkhead.

3I7DI_bTDj4.jpg?size=960x663&quality=96&proxy=1&sign=b9e4e7c8e872cd8b64bf1e25fffe68c0&type=album.jpg

Comment

You can fit the protective cover from the inside to keep the dust out if you like.

brake dust cover.jpg

Comment

Update.

Limo been neglected and outside in the cold the last while.
            Back in the garage for a check over, very dry inside under mats and in the boot.

bbs.JPG

Fitted rear trims and and seat belts I never replaced after rear screen fitted.

rear trim.JPG

Swapped BBS wheels to track car and fitted 17inch Avus on for the first time since refurbed.

avus.JPG IMG_3591.JPG

Been trying to clay and cut the paint to see if I can remove the years of damage from being covered up.
            looking better but poor close up.

Started stripping down for timing belt today.
            Pulled radiator as it has a wee leak and have replacement and ABY fan setup to install.
            Started cleaning off years of rust and treating parts.

IMG_3609.JPG IMG_3611.JPG IMG_3632.JPG IMG_3633.JPG

As usual growing arms and legs, timing belt change turns into cleaning, treating and repairing job.
            The wiring is a real worry.
            Main power is fed from the rear to a pudding joint next to radiator, the oil temp sensor and solenoid start wire are not used.
            Want to fit OEM wiring system with starter motor supplied through chassis leg,
            2 x 6mm cables from alternator to fuse box
            1 x 6mm cable from battery to fuse box.
            Change wiring to get ABY loom starter solenoid and oil temp working.
            Repair auxiliary loom
            Reverse light switch plug and wiring seems to be missing.

IMG_3630.JPG

Krust treatment on parts and do some more tomorrow time for a beer

IMG_3635.JPG

Comment

Working...
            X