95 S2 Limo Replica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Prosac View Post
    How did you adjust the vacuum brake booster?
    Not sure what you mean by adjustment of the brake booster?
    It is fitted to the bulkhead with an adapter, still has factory front to rear bias valve and adjust pedal with threaded rod although there is still a lot of pedal travel before brakes work?
    Need to investigate that but not had a chance to get near it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by sjw185 View Post

Not sure what you mean by adjustment of the brake booster?
      It is fitted to the bulkhead with an adapter, still has factory front to rear bias valve and adjust pedal with threaded rod although there is still a lot of pedal travel before brakes work?
      Need to investigate that but not had a chance to get near it yet.

Thank you. I have one more question. What is the outer diameter of the gray protective sleeve? I have the brake booster from the Audi A6 4F 3.0 Tdi (4F0612105G) and the piston rod with the protective sleeve does not fit through the bulkhead because the diameter (approx. 55-60mm) is too big.

408kw @ wheel

Comment

Not sure there is any chance for tandem booster protecting sleeve there if you push it through the bulkhead.

3I7DI_bTDj4.jpg?size=960x663&quality=96&proxy=1&sign=b9e4e7c8e872cd8b64bf1e25fffe68c0&type=album.jpg

Comment

You can fit the protective cover from the inside to keep the dust out if you like.

brake dust cover.jpg

Comment

Update.

Limo been neglected and outside in the cold the last while.
            Back in the garage for a check over, very dry inside under mats and in the boot.

bbs.JPG

Fitted rear trims and and seat belts I never replaced after rear screen fitted.

rear trim.JPG

Swapped BBS wheels to track car and fitted 17inch Avus on for the first time since refurbed.

avus.JPG IMG_3591.JPG

Been trying to clay and cut the paint to see if I can remove the years of damage from being covered up.
            looking better but poor close up.

Started stripping down for timing belt today.
            Pulled radiator as it has a wee leak and have replacement and ABY fan setup to install.
            Started cleaning off years of rust and treating parts.

IMG_3609.JPG IMG_3611.JPG IMG_3632.JPG IMG_3633.JPG

As usual growing arms and legs, timing belt change turns into cleaning, treating and repairing job.
            The wiring is a real worry.
            Main power is fed from the rear to a pudding joint next to radiator, the oil temp sensor and solenoid start wire are not used.
            Want to fit OEM wiring system with starter motor supplied through chassis leg,
            2 x 6mm cables from alternator to fuse box
            1 x 6mm cable from battery to fuse box.
            Change wiring to get ABY loom starter solenoid and oil temp working.
            Repair auxiliary loom
            Reverse light switch plug and wiring seems to be missing.

IMG_3630.JPG

Krust treatment on parts and do some more tomorrow time for a beer

IMG_3635.JPG

Comment

No updates for a few months but the work on the cars has never stopped.
              After timing belt reassembly I noticed the timing belt was sitting really close to the back of the cam wheel.
              The penny dropped that’s why the rear timing cover was cut up with belt marks I needed the diamond washer.
              Ordered one from ebay packaging was worse than amazon

IMG_3754.JPG

Before and after washer fitted.

​
              timing belt before and after with washer.jpg

Next I removed the old oil cooler which was held on to the towing eye rod with a bit of flatbar.
              the hoses were pretty juicy and connectors were welded on to adaptors.

IMG_3746.JPG IMG_3747.JPG

Made up some brackets to mount up a 13 row I had on the shelf with some MG hoses.

IMG_3829.JPG

Steering
              got a electric power steering pump to try it out as was interested to see how it would be on the track car.
              If it works good was thinking to swap single stage pump from track car on limo later.

Made up a rough bracket and used the original flow and return hoses so very easy to rig up.
              Used original V6 loom wiring for signal and put a 50amp fuse at the bulkhead for heavy 12v supply.
              Wired it through a switch so it can work with engine off.
              An old hazard switch with a bit of insulation tape and a sharpy for now

IMG_369511.jpg IMG_4147.JPG

Cooling
              Started looking at the fan wiring. Have the two speed wiring at the chassis leg from the v6.
              Couldn’t get a hold of ABY fan speed resistor so used a cabriolet one 8A0959493
              it doesn't have the correct resistance for turbo after run pump but as my after run wiring and relay has been chopped from my loom it’s not a problem for the moment.
              Got a hold of replacement radiator, ABY fan and cowlings s
              o thanks to various forum members I now have an almost original cooling set up.

IMG_3698.JPG
              Last edited by sjw185; 24 June 2021, 18:01.

Comment

Wiring
                Removed power cables from engine bay and rerouted main 16mm to right hand side.
                Drilled hole into the chassis leg using photos and my coupe for reference.

IMG_3713.JPG
                ​
                ​Drilled the hole required to route the cable down to the starter motor with good protection.

IMG_3709.JPG

Found aby starter solenoid and oil temperature cables unused in the wing, after tracing the other ends under the glove box mess got them connected to the V6 wiring and operational.

IMG_3659.JPG

Trying to work out how the fuel pump was hooked up as it was coming on with Ignition and if you pulled the relay it was still running? Pulled fuel pump fuse and it stopped so the feed was in the correct place.
                Checked fuel pump for any wiring mods and couldn’t locate any splices near the fuse box?

After looking over schematics for 80V6 and S2, I pulled the fuse S27 and the pump stopped so after some tracing found a ignition feed under the glove box feeding into V6 N80 wiring.
                After some further investigation and wire swaps I found the relay coil wire for the fuel pump relay and got it tested so all working through fuel pump relay.

wring mods to fuel relay.jpg

A lot of nights checking and testing got all the main engine wires connected and re-crimped from the old mess.
                Relocated the fuses from the passenger floor to the fuse box in the correct order.

Got the Injectors fed from correct fuse, sorted ignition circuits and all sensors working.
                Only stuff left is the autocheck wiring but car only has minicheck so will need looking into.

wiring progress.jpg

IMG_4186.JPG

Comment

Boot lid wiring
                  Reverse lights were not working due to no switch connection from the ABY loom to the V6 loom.
                  Found the switch wire and connected to V6 loom but the reverse lights were still not working?
                  Ended up the boot lid loom was broken in parts so replaced the loom section with some new cable and fitted a new grommet in the body as the old one had disintegrated.
                  Number plate lights were giving me some bother but just corrosion on the holders.
                  Fitted a extra bracket to support battery tray.

IMG_5569.JPG

Brakes
                  Ordered new disk and pads and got them fitted, had a problem with rear offside caliper.
                  Got new seal kit from VW but was still leaking caused by the piston.
                  Looked into getting a recon exchange but local motor factor couldn’t help and same with local dealer.
                  After speaking to a forum member about a set of calipers he suggested brake parts international for spares.
                  Very good service and got a piston and seal kit next day which did the job.

IMG_3939.JPG IMG_3818.JPG

Front wings are pretty poor with RH wing holed in the arch, couldn't get wings from TPS and second hand were thin on the ground so got some pattern parts to try.

IMG_4412.JPG ​ IMG_5599.JPG IMG_5598.JPG​

Had to remove and rivet bracket from old wing and drill indicator hole, refitting went pretty good for first time doing a wing.

IMG_5600.JPG IMG_5609.JPG

track rod.jpg​

After fitting new track rods and finishing up backbox brackets I got it booked in for MOT
                  ​​​Unfortunately the garage couldn't do the alignment right now but it passed its MOT and was road legal again for the first time in ten years

Before and after Limo.JPG

IMG_5675.JPG limo rear.jpg

Comment

Congrats! Looks very understated, considering the performance, perhaps just what you need to avoid unwanted attention? Is that shiny tie-rod adjuster one from Greg-S beside an original?

Comment

• What a difference from when you picked it up and what an achievement. You must be very pleased with the out come. Well done you and thanks for bringing us along on the journey . regards Lynn

Comment

• Originally posted by Lago Blue View Post
                        Congrats! Looks very understated, considering the performance, perhaps just what you need to avoid unwanted attention? Is that shiny tie-rod adjuster one from Greg-S beside an original?
                        Thanks, Yes that is the adjusters from Greg, hopefully put them to good use and get it all aligned soon.
                        Looking forward to experiencing the B4 rear on the road all bushed and aligned properly.

Comment

• Originally posted by LSG View Post
                          What a difference from when you picked it up and what an achievement. You must be very pleased with the out come. Well done you and thanks for bringing us along on the journey . regards Lynn
                          Was good to get out for its first run
                          Forgot how good a standard turbo was with a homefry.

Comment

• Been driving around and noticed the intake pipe rising up on boost.
                            The fabricated intake is not the right size so chopped both ends off and welded new dots on the ends to help grip the hoses.
                            Made the bracket that attaches on to the heat shield and welded it on so its nice and secure now.

IMG_4225.JPG tig 3.jpg IMG_4226.JPG

Now its all up and running will need to spend some time on cosmetics, cam/coil covers and Intake.
                            Will get intake pipe powder coated black.

Comment

• Fitted a later airbag steering wheel with adaptor spline but the slip ring had been butchered when the aftermarket steering wheel was on.
                              No airbag connection, indicators were not cancelling and the horn would sometimes stay on
                              Got the correct part number from my coupe 4A0419091BB and managed to pick one up cheap with slip ring so now all steering wheel functions working.

IMG_5727.JPG

Couple of nice shots to share

IMG_5711.JPG

Front bumper and lights need a bit of adjustment.

IMG_5713.JPG
                              Picked up two coupe rear bumpers a while back to try and make rear S2 bumper think the worst thing is the exhaust cut out is more inboard on the coupe.
                              Last edited by sjw185; 14 October 2021, 22:41.

Comment

• Looking really nice. You have done a great job.
                                Nothelle S2 Avant
                                Black Ur project
                                Ocianic Ur project gone
                                S2 Coupe project gone
                                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Working...
                                X