No announcement yet.

95 S2 Limo Replica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice body colour, will be a nice "S2" Saloon. Thanks for sharing your work and the photos for everyone's benefit - i.e. referencing / enjoyment.

Best wishes for continued progress.

Comment

Originally posted by macspring View Post
      Nice body colour, will be a nice "S2" Saloon. Thanks for sharing your work and the photos for everyone's benefit - i.e. referencing / enjoyment.

Best wishes for continued progress.
      Thanks,

Yea it's a nice colour hopefully a lot of the panels can be restored by cutting and polishing.
      Need new wings also.
      Had my set of 17'' mk2 Avus redone before the lock down which I think will look sweet.

Comment

Found a A8 vacuum booster in my shed.
        Gave it a try to see if I had a bit more room with my intake pipe as it has a sweeping bend but made little difference.
        Was looking at cutting the bulk head to maybe sit it further back but thought that would just create more issues.

IMG_9871.JPG

Then I thought about remote mounting the reservoir or creating extenders to mount it alongside.

IMG_9889.JPG IMG_9886.JPG

Ended up with this one below from a VW Golf seems to sit in very well with one brake line coming in from each side.
        The brake line underneath the intake pipe is close to back of the master cylinder so it has good clearance.
        Vacuum and clutch hose are in a good place also.
        Only bad point with this one is the level sensor shoots straight up and with the tall reservoir its almost touching the bonnet underside.
        Can maybe adapt the cover sensor or replace it with a Audi one that has the connector on the side.

IMG_9949.JPG IMG_9965.JPG

The orientation of the mounting holes is mirror image so ultra engineering is going to make an adapter and see how it fits once solid.

Comment

Cut the nobbler off the booster, the shaft is 10mm so cut a 10 x 1.5 thread which is the same size as the original clevis.

IMG_9951.JPG IMG_0251.JPG IMG_0252.JPG

Comment

Some good work done there..
            Any progress lately?
            00 S8
            94 RS2
            94 80 Competition
            88 urquattro 20vt

Comment

Originally posted by 80Comp View Post
              Some good work done there..
              Any progress lately?
              Yea got some more done will post up some pictures soon.

Comment

Update

Refitted exhaust with a flexible section and a 200cell cat.
                Need to work on my welding skills but its stuck together for now.

1.jpg

2.JPG

With 3b track car up on the ramp I set up the limo on axle stands to remove front suspension and subframe.
                All the bolts came off ok and with gearbox supported underneath got the whole lot out without much drama.

3.jpg

4.jpg

Once removed stripped all components down for treating and paint.
                Ran out of gas for my blow torch and had the mig welder rigged up with fluxcore wire as I was repairing railing outside my house so
                thought I would give it a go.
                Worked really good and made bush removal easy.

9.jpg

After some buffing and rust treatment subframe didn't look as bad and still had some original paint left.
                Had another subframe that I was going to treat and swap over but good job I decided against it as gearbox mounts were different.

Got everything painted using Por15 and fitted verkline subframe bushes.

7.jpg

Comment

When I had the struts off found the front bearings had a bit of play, but had a bit of bother getting replacements from local motor factors.
                  After a couple of attempt to get the right ones found on the forum best to get ones direct from SKF so that's what I did and ended up cheaper than my local place.

After pressing the bearings in at my mates work got struts reassembled with new top mounts and reassembled brakes with HEL lines.
                  Refitted old disks and pads right now as car will be stored outside in poor weather but will renew for MOT.
                  After bleeding brakes there is a fair bit of travel in the pedal so will need to investigate hope its just linkage adjustment.
                  Went to move car out of the garage and found it was leaking fuel down on to gearbox and near exhaust.
                  Flexible lines have been chopped to remove the original crimped connections and think with me moving lines for vacuum servo they have started leaking from flexible to copper connections as held on with Jubilees.
                  To stop the leaks and remove perished rubber decided to get some AN fittings from rail to under the car to prevent the whole lot going up in smoke.

brake 1.jpg fuel lines 1.jpg

fuel lines.jpg

Comment

Is the fuel line rubber or teflon lined?
                    Just as a heads up you might get some fuel smell if its the rubber lined hose unlike teflon,either way good call.
                    I went -6 an from rail to tank myself,good to see another saloon getting the treatment!
                    It's a love/hate relationship with the S2,i love it,it hates me

Comment

Originally posted by add View Post
                      Is the fuel line rubber or teflon lined?
                      Just as a heads up you might get some fuel smell if its the rubber lined hose unlike teflon,either way good call.
                      I went -6 an from rail to tank myself,good to see another saloon getting the treatment!
                      Thanks for the heads up, looked up spec its not teflon lined but says a synthetic nitrile inner tube suppose to handle fuels including ethanol so hope it all good.
                      Yea was checking out your saloon, let me know if you want a non AC glove box I found one in the loft yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by sjw185 View Post

Thanks for the heads up, looked up spec its not teflon lined but says a synthetic nitrile inner tube suppose to handle fuels including ethanol so hope it all good.
                        Yea was checking out your saloon, let me know if you want a non AC glove box I found one in the loft yesterday
                        It'll be fine no doubt,just know from experience that the non teflon line permeates fuel vapour,at least the stuff i bought did.
                        What used to be the glove box is now the ecu's living quarters

Comment

Originally posted by add View Post

It'll be fine no doubt,just know from experience that the non teflon line permeates fuel vapour,at least the stuff i bought did.
                          What used to be the glove box is now the ecu's living quarters
                          Ok no bother

Comment

Originally posted by sjw185 View Post

Ok no bother
                            Thanks all the same...so when's the beast going to hit the roads is the big question,you have an obligation to the saloon crew

Comment

how long is a piece of string
                              Wanted to have it MOTed for end of year but plan and budget have slipped.

Comment

How did you adjust the vacuum brake booster?
                                408kw @ wheel

Comment

Working...
                                X