stolen, P996AWL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
    That's really bad Upload some recent pics and we will all keep a look out for you. Ask the officer investigating the theft to run your plate through ANPR to see if it has been picked up anywhere since it was stolen. Was the car ever fitted with tracker? Even if the subscription is expired, they will still activate it if you ask nicely.
    There was an immobiliser but no tracker
    Irvin

'08-'0?:
    '97 Coupe, Kingfisher Blue
    '01-'08:
    '93 ABY Coupe, Milltek cat-back, Alpine dvd Sat-Nav/Changer

www.irvinduguid.com

Comment

Originally posted by steve briance View Post
      Has the recovery company got dash cam or GPS tracker on their vehicle? If you could find that out (without making it obvious to the company and alerting them) and tell the police; it is a reasonable line of enquiry they would be obliged to follow up. The sooner the better to prevent overwriting of data and police get GPS data of where the 'handover' was done, an address maybe, nearby cctv if the crooks are stupid or even better - dashcam of the ******s who have had your car or other cars they may have been in at the drop off point...
      Don't know about any of this, I'd hope the cops are looking into this kinda stuff.... All they said yesterday was that the had a mobile number and that they had looked for the car in the area (I think) it was dropped off in.
      Irvin

'08-'0?:
      '01-'08:

www.irvinduguid.com

Comment

That is shocking. The recovery company really need to made an example of to stop this happening again. They have essential stolen the car to order...

Good luck getting it back.

Comment

Gutted for you. Hopefully someone will hear something about it and you can get it back
          1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Colesy View Post
            That is shocking. The recovery company really need to made an example of to stop this happening again. They have essential stolen the car to order...

Good luck getting it back.
            Yeah, I agree.
            Irvin

'08-'0?:
            '01-'08:

www.irvinduguid.com

Comment

Sadly I feel the police will do very little unless you make a nuisance of yourself and call them 2x daily
              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by irvind View Post
                I've emailed Audi Customer Services to see if they know of anyone having a key cut for the car
                New lock set costs next to nothing, must be idiot to go the dealer for a new key. I dont think you even can get a new key from the dealer anymore.

1989 Audi 80 Quattro
                1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

Originally posted by irvind View Post

It's insured with Admiral, .
                  It will not be easy to claim money from this company. Make sure you do not accept their first or second offer.

sigpic_________
                  Rob

Comment

Originally posted by M2ki View Post

New lock set costs next to nothing, must be idiot to go the dealer for a new key. I dont think you even can get a new key from the dealer anymore.
                    I have no idea myself, just looking into all avenues
                    Irvin

'08-'0?:
                    '01-'08:

www.irvinduguid.com

Comment

Someone has been watching it for a while, it hasn’t moved for a few years, they reckon it’s been abandoned and there’ll be no follow up.
                      This happened to my girlfriend a long time ago with a Karmann Ghia. She couldn’t afford to fix it up at the time and it was parked in the street. Strangely she spotted it parked in the other side of town when she was visiting a friend, knocked on the door and, long story short, the bloke ended up buying it from her.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
                        Strangely she spotted it parked in the other side of town when she was visiting a friend, knocked on the door and, long story short, the bloke ended up buying it from her.
                        He stole it and after getting cought he agreed to buy it?
                        1989 Audi 80 Quattro
                        1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

Originally posted by M2ki

He stole it and after getting cought he agreed to buy it?
                          Yes!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                          sigpic

Comment

We are all assuming the recovery company was not in on the scam. It could be something they do often and its already on its way out the country.

Comment

That is scary, I recently used a recovery service and right enough the guy just arrives and sees you there with the door open and loads up and drops off no question.
                              Hope you get it recovered but think your best bet is fighting it out with insurance for current value.

Comment

Another thing to think about is if its been sitting for that long someone will probably have applied for the v5 as its easy to do and unless you are lucky and catch the letter the dvla send to you, you will unfortunately find out the hard way. That v5 they waived was probably the replacement the dvla sent out to the person who applied for it. I've heard it happen quite a few times with high class sports cars that have been parked up.

I'd contact the dvla and ask if they have issued a new v5 anytime recently. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X