No announcement yet.

RS2 restoration near completion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My measurement is 90mm with the original springs fitted with new bilstein shocks I wonder if they have sent the wrong shocks because everything else is correctly fitted

Comment

Shocks won't affect ride height. If you've used the original springs I'd not expect it to settle too much. See if your top mounts are on the right way round...

Comment

Originally posted by joss01 View Post
        My measurement is 90mm with the original springs fitted with new bilstein shocks I wonder if they have sent the wrong shocks because everything else is correctly fitted
        Is there not a thread somewhere about Bilstein shocks having to have another groove cut into the body??…….or something to that effect?

Comment

Are you thinking about the drain holes in the bottom of the strut?

Comment

No thread the B6 shocks are set no adjustment

Comment

On the rear Bilsteins you will need lower the bottom spring perch by having a machine shop add a groove beneath the original groove. There has been some debate as to the distance below the original perch. I did this a while back and there is some info on my RS2 America thread as well as other threads. If my memory serves me I think I chose to move mine 20mm down. Others chime in to keep keep honest.

Comment

I may as well buy a pair of original Borge rear shocks it would be cheaper and and work first time

Comment

Ah yes the Avant rear is like a coil over with a fixed lower perch

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                  sigpic

Comment

yes it has a flange at the base of the shock that retains the spring

Comment

You really don't want to be doing this job on a rainy Saturday after getting the engine running right bought the car up to temperature and it was like a steam room inside the car after I switched it off so the dash had to come out to replace the heat exchanger horrible job but after you have you've done it its quite rewarding definitely a challenge.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Not a nice job at all.
                        Don't forget to change the foam on the flaps as that will be past it!
                        Nothelle S2 Avant
                        Black Ur project
                        Ocianic Ur project gone
                        S2 Coupe project gone
                        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

yes put all new foam on the flaps the original ones had turned to dust

Comment

Today I fitted the bottom door trim the cillm and the inner door cill mappings fullsizeoutput_828.jpegfullsizeoutput_828.jpeg

Comment

All the interiors in now still trying to work out the Audi Gamma cd player I was told it is a passive headset and requires an amplifier
                              Attached Files

Comment

I have a spare set of axle stands you can have when I'm passing next mate!
                                Nothelle S2 Avant
                                Black Ur project
                                Ocianic Ur project gone
                                S2 Coupe project gone
                                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Working...
                                X