No announcement yet.

93 S2 Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I noticed that. I wonder if it's an oddity from being such an early build?

Comment

Could be. I didn't think your photos were deceiving me!
      The Perfectionist
      sigpic
      Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Congrats - Avant does look great in white......very nice.
        If you don't mind me asking - how does one go about getting the certificate?

Comment

I got it via the Audi tradition website in the services section. It was 100 euros which seems a lot for confirmation of the build date and a load of marketing blurb but it is kind of nice to have it

Comment

Thanx markb - much appreciated. I'll pass, with the ZAR/euro exchange rate it is a no no for me .......would be nice though

Comment

The front bumper was held on with one(!) cable tie... Mainly due to the mounting points on the wings being rusted away.

Next, there is a capacitor across the alternator output. Is this standard? The positive feed from the alternator to this cap was disconnected due to what looks like a short in the cap and the wire was floating around could this potentially be the source of the battery drain? And if it is standard fit, do people still have them connected?

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

I don't think that's standard fit along with the cable tie
                91 Modded 3B
                14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

It's a genuine audi part and I did find another post on here where someone else had one fitted. Still available through Audi tradition (link attached).
                  anyone else got one fitted across their alternator?

Comment

I have the capacitor in my -93

Comment

A bit of a positive update today.

The second hand N75, new diverter valve, do88 intercooler hoses and silicone vacuum/boost lines have now been fitted and I'm now getting roughly 1.3bar gauge pressure finally it pulls like I expected!

I have a new capacitor from RS which I will fit when I get chance.

The cam belt and service is booked and the parts are coming in, managed to get genuine parts for almost everything.

Also got a couple of brand new wings from Audi, going to pick them up next week but they sent me an email and said one has a dent and the other is rusty I imagine they will probably be fine considering they will need prepping for paint anyway but I'll see before I accept them.

No photos today as it was raining and pretty grim, I'll try and grab some tomorrow.

Comment

Whenever the ignition is turned on, there is a very loud whirring which goes constantly. It appears to be the heater recirculation motor. The linkage is disconnected and the motor turns constantly, does anyone have any idea why it would never stop? Surely it should only turn to open/close the flap?

I also need to repair the heater resistor which I can see from above, does anyone know if it's possible to remove it from the top or do I need to get into the depths of the dashboard?
                        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

The resistor is easy to reach when you drop the glovebox.
                          Not sure what you are hearing. With the glove box out you will be able to see what the fan is doing. There is a cap on the end bearing and you can oil it when removed.
                          Nothelle S2 Avant
                          Black Ur project
                          Ocianic Ur project gone
                          S2 Coupe project gone
                          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

It's not the heater fan making the noise. It's the motor that should​ raise and lower the recirc flap, it just turns constantly but I'm not sure why...

Comment

Originally posted by markb_1303 View Post
                              It's not the heater fan making the noise. It's the motor that should​ raise and lower the recirc flap, it just turns constantly but I'm not sure why...
                              I might be wrong but didn't think there was an electric motor on the heater box. I think the flap is vac operated and there is a solenoid switch. Maybe that's faulty. I have a spare if you need one.
                              Nothelle S2 Avant
                              Black Ur project
                              Ocianic Ur project gone
                              S2 Coupe project gone
                              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

unless you have digital climate?
                                Nothelle S2 Avant
                                Black Ur project
                                Ocianic Ur project gone
                                S2 Coupe project gone
                                Urs6 plus project gone