93 S2 Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope, standard A/C.

There is definitely a flap with a rack fitted and pinion on the motor shown in the photo. I've found some mentions of motors but many more about vacuum control. I'm not sure what's going on!

Comment

Originally posted by markb_1303 View Post
      Nope, standard A/C.

There is definitely a flap with a rack fitted and pinion on the motor shown in the photo. I've found some mentions of motors but many more about vacuum control. I'm not sure what's going on!
      Great to hear you got her boosting!

I’ve never seen a motor in the entry to the heater box like that. Might be a different version of the AC, there was the normal Audi version but I heard of an aftermarket option too.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

Ok, so the plot thickens...

The heater box had two resistor packs fitted - one which was not wired (which is made by fiat/lancia) and one that was bodged in the side with sealant which was the Audi unit.

The motor which controls the flap goes to a pair of relays which don't look entirely factory fit...

I am assuming that someone has replaced the fan and housing with the fiat unit. Can anyone tell me if they can see anything else unusual in the photos?

Any ideas what the best option is next? Make the current bits work or try and source a second hand unit?

Comment

Just bought a 93 s2 avant myself
          Not a beauty, lots to be done but it feels quite tight despite long milage ...
          Hope to get it MOT'ed with new brake-disks and pads.

Also have an issue with the heater motor, have digital climate.

Comment

Working...
          X