My Quattro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ Sal S2

Looking at the photos of your car I was wondering if you could give some detail(s) in relation to the inlet manifold? It looks good.

Thanks and kind regards.

Comment

Sal why the change in inlet manifolds? in the photos I see you are running a wagner manifold now.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by sal_s2 View Post
        Garrett GT30r turbo, tubular manifold (cracked), 3inch system with 1 silencer, siemens injectors, rs2 cams, auto verdi rods, je pistons, custom intercooler mounted behind grille, mrc remap
        Similar to mine.

I thought about the tubular manifold but opted for the RS2 out of reliability and not really seeing the need to go above 440-450 for road use and driveability etc..

Not actually sure what power mine is running. i have the Porsche orange injectors a high breed GT30 (Turbo Dynamics MD357) 7A ex cam, twin intercoolers with water injection in the last one.

I have also ported and polished the head. Its running 2.2 bar.

Mine was originally a WR spec car hence lockable middle and rear diff. with all locked it will still break traction in 2nd and 3rd and if you have any steering on it just goes sideways..

So all in all quick enough for me... with virtually no lag.

Be interesting to compare at some time.

Anyway good job well done.
        Attached Files

Comment

Another.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
            Sal why the change in inlet manifolds? in the photos I see you are running a wagner manifold now.
            Sal was running a Hacke IM before.

Interesting result Sal. That's a nice Ur quattro you have there.
            How is the car to drive? Better than a heavy S2 with a laggy GT35R? How much boost are you running on the GT30R?
            SS

Comment

I wasnt happy with the hacke manifold so I bought a wagner one instead.
              We didnt finish mapping mine, the clutch started to slip so we had to limit boost to about 1.8bar.
              Seems to be ok at the mo, perhaps it just needed bedding in? Or the tyres give up traction before the clutch? Has anyone else experienced this with a spec stage 3+ clutch?
              @DJones, Aelred mentioned your car to me when he built the engine, get in on the rollers. I'm particularly interested in the no lag part! At what rpm does the boost peak?

Comment

I wasnt happy with the hacke manifold so I bought a wagner one instead.
                We didnt finish mapping mine, the clutch started to slip so we had to limit boost to about 1.8bar.
                Seems to be ok at the mo, perhaps it just needed bedding in? Or the tyres give up traction before the clutch? Has anyone else experienced this with a spec stage 3+ clutch?
                @DJones, Aelred mentioned your car to me when he built the engine, get in on the rollers. I'm particularly interested in the no lag part! At what rpm does the boost peak?
                it starts to boost almost immediately you put your foot down, peek boost is at 3k drops of to 1.8 bar at 6.5/7k.

I am going to turn the boost down on mine to 1.8bar i have no mechanical problems. i just think it will be a better car to drive cuz at the mo the power is to aggressive and if I'm honest i wont push it when playing with someone as its to uncontrollable, lose cannon scenario.. over took a 911turbo sideways don't know who was more scared..

What is the spec of your clutch? i have a six paddle sintered with sprung center hasn't slipped at all even with 2.2 bar in 5th.

Some of the aggression in my car may be down to the light weight of the bottom end, for instance the flywheel is like a Frisbee that and the combination of lower gearing in a ur i guess. My brother wont go in it again...

Comment

That's not bad for 1.8 bar. 444 hp and what looks like >500 Nm is damn good. I take it that's at the wheels.
                  It looks like it goes well from 4k rpm onwards.

I've got a Spec 3+ pressure plate and a Clutchnet Carbon friction plate. I hope that combination works ok. Time will tell.
                  SS

Comment

No issues with the Spec stage 3+ on my car, not the same power as yours but it still comes in with a bang..

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 4WheelDrifter View Post
                      It looks like it goes well from 4k rpm onwards.
                      It does
                      Mark - Modded

Comment

Originally posted by DJones View Post
                        it starts to boost almost immediately you put your foot down, peek boost is at 3k drops of to 1.8 bar at 6.5/7k.

I am going to turn the boost down on mine to 1.8bar i have no mechanical problems. i just think it will be a better car to drive cuz at the mo the power is to aggressive and if I'm honest i wont push it when playing with someone as its to uncontrollable, lose cannon scenario.. over took a 911turbo sideways don't know who was more scared..

What is the spec of your clutch? i have a six paddle sintered with sprung center hasn't slipped at all even with 2.2 bar in 5th.

Some of the aggression in my car may be down to the light weight of the bottom end, for instance the flywheel is like a Frisbee that and the combination of lower gearing in a ur i guess. My brother wont go in it again...
                        sal also has alloy flywheel nice and light .i know because i have his dahlback one lightened and balanced waiting to go into the shorty

Comment

Short video of the car on the rollers yesterday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y32fYXAH72Q
                          Mark - Modded

Comment

ANother flyer then? Nice to see video of it on the rollers.
                            How's yours coming on Mark? Must be nearly there now?
                            Cheers
                            CHris
                            Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                            20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jogi730 View Post
                              How's yours coming on Mark? Must be nearly there now?
                              I'll say it before somebody else does, 'that'll be the day'!

Work in progress mate LOL
                              Mark - Modded

Comment

Well guess there's always something else to do.
                                Be good to see the old girl (and you) on the road again.
                                Good luck with it and congrats to Sal on the figures. I hope he's happy?
                                Cheers
                                CHris
                                Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                                20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X