Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the compliments.

Originally posted by lini View Post
    I love the idea. Can you post some photos about engine mounts and instalation of agregates? I'm thinking about copying that idea. I simply love it. A Perfect car for family trips.
    Sure, but I'm not sure when I can get this done. I'll do it if I get it up on a lift.

Originally posted by URSIMPO View Post
    what gearbox is used? How difficult would it be to fit an I5 in to an A8. Space can't be an issue, but is there any other problems, electrical etc?
    Originally posted by URSIMPO View Post
    ok rs4 gearbox. is this the same as the 01E as in the urs6? And rs4 driveshafts. isnt the A8 bigger, so have the driveshafts been lengthened?
    I have no idea. It's all custom. Lots of things have to be done to get this setup to work. I didn't build the car. Jonus said he would charge 10 000 GBP in labor money alone to build this car (including the engine build up), so it's A LOT of work.

Originally posted by S4turbo View Post
    Very nice car indeed, is it possible to see your tourge/hp dyno sheet? I'm kind of curious what an 800 hp turbo can acheve when it comes to spool up!

Regards, Johan
    Thanks. Sure. I think the dyno-sheet is at my parents house. I'll find them on Wednesday, scan them in, and post them up.
    Audi A8 w/ RS2 engine. 520HP @ 1.8 Bar.

Comment

Videos are up. Filmed today (2 hours ago)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ndhq-iyzoJY
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UqQgBMbVTs
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-MSEtPu4UY
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpAorADzGuo
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2wEtz_BoSE

Comment

Damn it is nice!!

Comment

Be interested to see the dyno sheet. What turbo are you using? This is a mighty fine conversion and I can well believe the 10k labour costs

Comment

In that last vid the A8 seems to go side-ways on hard acceleration in second gear

Comment

cool car no doubt

Comment

Originally posted by Costash View Post
                Damn it is nice!!
                Originally posted by tecknoquatt View Post
                cool car no doubt
                Thanks guys

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                Be interested to see the dyno sheet. What turbo are you using? This is a mighty fine conversion and I can well believe the 10k labour costs
                I looked for the dyno sheet today, could only find the old one (when the engine blew), Hopefully I'll find it early next week.

I'll see if I can find the turbo specs

Originally posted by Bram View Post
                In that last vid the A8 seems to go side-ways on hard acceleration in second gear
                It's still on winter tires, so it gets side ways some times in 2nd

Thanks

Comment

realy nice A8
                  greetings Emanuel

Comment

Your car is really nice mate. I have seen so many A8/S8 drop in prices over the last year (4-6k Euro sales price) I can imagine some more people will convert to il5 in that car. You have the luxury and strength of a newer car plus the sound and turbo kick of the il5 engine. Those V8 engines are nice off course, but petrol on longer drives is costly on those cars. What is the weight again of your A8?

Comment

it's lighter than a similar equiped A6....

Comment

Originally posted by AUDIRSTD View Post
                        realy nice A8
                        Originally posted by Bram View Post
                        Your car is really nice mate. I have seen so many A8/S8 drop in prices over the last year (4-6k Euro sales price) I can imagine some more people will convert to il5 in that car. You have the luxury and strength of a newer car plus the sound and turbo kick of the il5 engine. Those V8 engines are nice off course, but petrol on longer drives is costly on those cars. What is the weight again of your A8?
                        Originally posted by Henkjan View Post
                        it's lighter than a similar equiped A6....
                        Thanks guys. I think it's 1500 kilos. No sun roof, so that makes it lighter as well (compared to many other A8s).

Yeah. It's a real fun car, very nice to drive as well, it's just waaay too low for a daily driver, but that will be sorted shortly It's also very stable at speeds since it's so wide.

Comment

Originally posted by Vilhelm View Post
                          I looked for the dyno sheet today, could only find the old one (when the engine blew), Hopefully I'll find it early next week.

I'll see if I can find the turbo specs
                          I really felt sorry for you when the first engine blew and I heard the stupid reason/misunderstanding that caused the problem. (Which I however do not want to discuss further here, but you know what I mean)

I must say it was a quite absurd experience to sit in that kind of car, nice and quite in comfort seats etc and feel the brutal force from the 2,5L @ +2 bar boost on e85. probably making ~700bhp. And with 295/30-18 R888's in each corner the traction was no problem
                          "Ring addicted"
                          8,43 BTG with trafic and roadworks:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYg50Bg2lVQ

Comment

Originally posted by magarv View Post
                            I really felt sorry for you when the first engine blew and I heard the stupid reason/misunderstanding that caused the problem. (Which I however do not want to discuss further here, but you know what I mean)

I must say it was a quite absurd experience to sit in that kind of car, nice and quite in comfort seats etc and feel the brutal force from the 2,5L @ +2 bar boost on e85. probably making ~700bhp. And with 295/30-18 R888's in each corner the traction was no problem
                            Yeah I know what you mean . Jonus handled it great. It sucked for everyone, but it worked out OK in the end.

Man that sounds fun. I have to try that later, but for now I'll stick to 1.8 Bar. I just want a good daily driver for now

Comment

Is there a website with build pics? or do you have any build pics?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                                Is there a website with build pics? or do you have any build pics?
                                Correct me if I'm wrong Vilhelm, but I think it is only a few on the Norwegian VW-AUDI Club forum, but that is 40GPB for membership and all in Norwegian...
                                "Ring addicted"
                                8,43 BTG with trafic and roadworks:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYg50Bg2lVQ

Comment

Working...
                                X