No announcement yet.

Audi A8 - 20VT - 520HP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this the same car? It seems to be an A8 with inline 5 engine, however completely stripped down and with a roll-cage:

http://www.zatzy.com/projekt/318618-...o-turbo-6.html

Comment

Originally posted by Bram View Post
      Is this the same car? It seems to be an A8 with inline 5 engine, however completely stripped down and with a roll-cage:

No. That car is getting a V8TT. I guess Jonus fitted the I5 in that first and got an idea later to put the I5 in a daily driver A8 and put the V8 in the black A8.
      Audi A8 w/ RS2 engine. 520HP @ 1.8 Bar.

Comment

Originally posted by Bram View Post

No the black one it is the "Race version". Vilhelms engine setup with tubular manifold etc was first mounted in the black "race" version and then moved to the silver one, (Now in the hands of Vilhelm.)

The black race-A8 will now be supplied with a twin-turbo audi V8, but it is a long term project since Jonus this year will be prioritize his 1255hp S2 for a come back on the dragstrip.

And congrats Vilhelm Only been passenger before the first dyno testing, and the accelration was just awesome Combined with the comfort it must be close to the perfect everyday car.

Edit: one minute too late there...
        "Ring addicted"
        8,43 BTG with trafic and roadworks:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYg50Bg2lVQ

Comment

just as you said, a bigger RS4, more power and better sound! AGREE! Man the only bad thing it's the A/C! Is there any way you can have it back? The positive thing is that at least you live on a cold country and the heater it's more important!!! Anyway, lovely and amazing once and again! A cruise on it would be like a dream!
          - Looking for a S2
          - Lancia Dedra HF turbo i.e. (4sale)
          - Typ89 Coupè quattro, 20Vt AAN, VEMS, K24-7000@1.3bar (scrapped )

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magarv View Post
            No the black one it is the "Race version". Vilhelms engine setup with tubular manifold etc was first mounted in the black "race" version and then moved to the silver one, (Now in the hands of Vilhelm.)

The black race-A8 will now be supplied with a twin-turbo audi V8, but it is a long term project since Jonus this year will be prioritize his 1255hp S2 for a come back on the dragstrip.

And congrats Vilhelm Only been passenger before the first dyno testing, and the accelration was just awesome Combined with the comfort it must be close to the perfect everyday car.

Edit: one minute too late there...
            Thanks man It's an awesome car. Just hope the summer rims will make it higher. It's WAY too low for Norwegian winters. The underside of the car hits on bigger bumps in the road . I'll get it sorted before the next winter comes around, with bigger rims or by adjusting the suspension.

Originally posted by 20vQC View Post
            just as you said, a bigger RS4, more power and better sound! AGREE! Man the only bad thing it's the A/C! Is there any way you can have it back? The positive thing is that at least you live on a cold country and the heater it's more important!!! Anyway, lovely and amazing once and again! A cruise on it would be like a dream!
            Thanks again man. Yeah, the AC MIGHT be a problem on hot summer days in traffic, but in the summer the car will be parked most of the time. I have a tuned 70cc (20?hp) scooter that I love just as much as the car, that I ride when the roads aren't icy (rode it today, 2c here). It's much more practical to drive than a car (I live in Oslo, and work down town).

Jonus said he might be able to make it work, but it's not a priority right now.

I will only be using the car for some cruising and road trips to my cabin/drop zones (skydive) in the summer. That's about it.

Let me know if you come to Oslo. I'll give you a ride
            Audi A8 w/ RS2 engine. 520HP @ 1.8 Bar.

Comment

Originally posted by Vilhelm View Post

Thanks again man. Yeah, the AC MIGHT be a problem on hot summer days in traffic, but in the summer the car will be parked most of the time. I have a tuned 70cc (20?hp) scooter that I love just as much as the car, that I ride when the roads aren't icy (rode it today, 2c here). It's much more practical to drive than a car (I live in Oslo, and work down town).

Jonus said he might be able to make it work, but it's not a priority right now.

I will only be using the car for some cruising and road trips to my cabin/drop zones (skydive) in the summer. That's about it.

Let me know if you come to Oslo. I'll give you a ride

I hope Jonus can solve the A/C detail and you can start cruising on the hot summer days too! And thanks for your invite tho!! I will really appreciate even a 2min ride!!
              - Looking for a S2
              - Lancia Dedra HF turbo i.e. (4sale)
              - Typ89 Coupè quattro, 20Vt AAN, VEMS, K24-7000@1.3bar (scrapped )

sigpic

Comment

nice car
                S6 C4 1996

Comment

Originally posted by GazzaG60 View Post
                  so tats a lot then as cars are not cheap up there. isn't a new RS4 bout 100k UK?
                  A new S5 start at £150k here in Norway

Comment

I love the idea. Can you post some photos about engine mounts and instalation of agregates? I'm thinking about copying that idea. I simply love it. A Perfect car for family trips.
                    S2+AAN in progress (again), BMW 3 compact

Comment

Way too low............... but a great car

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                      sigpic

Comment

Lovely car matey well found.
                        Dark Grey Avant
                        RS2 FARB
                        Powerflex Front wishbone bushes
                        Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

what gearbox is used? How difficult would it be to fit an I5 in to an A8. Space can't be an issue, but is there any other problems, electrical etc?

Comment

ok rs4 gearbox. is this the same as the 01E as in the urs6? And rs4 driveshafts. isnt the A8 bigger, so have the driveshafts been lengthened?

Comment

love the car , stance, engine... but man do i dislike those s8 wheels.. car is amazing ( mike).. and some le mans 20 inch will make it superb

Comment

Very nice car indeed, is it possible to see your tourge/hp dyno sheet? I'm kind of curious what an 800 hp turbo can acheve when it comes to spool up!

Regards, Johan

Comment

Working...
                                X