Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good!
    Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
    Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Ian have u managed to get ur type 85 analogue dash rev counter working with that aan engine,cheers paul

Comment

Originally posted by paulmac View Post
        Ian have u managed to get ur type 85 analogue dash rev counter working with that aan engine,cheers paul
        This is going to seem bizarre, but it worked straight out of the box, so to speak, we read the forum chatter and John said, oh, sod it, it can only go AWOL. So we connected the (ISTR purple stripe +) to the AAN loom and it's run spot on since...

As I put on another forum, sorry I can't be more specific, but we just connected tacho to tacho signal and it's run spot on... Not sure what all the hassle is really....
        85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
        93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Terrible videos, best I could do with a 4 year old strapped into her Recaro... But you get the idea with the soundtracks...

YouTube - DSCN3967

YouTube - DSCN3968.MOV
          93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Got the High Res photos of the old RallyWreck in today from Sunseeker...

93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Simmonds View Post
              Got the High Res photos of the old RallyWreck in today from Sunseeker...
              New screensaver for me
              Shane

Comment

some calendar shots in there

Comment

Well, been out and about getting used to the new engine, all's running well, goes very nicely indeed, certainly gives most things a raping. Had a nice chap attempt to out drag it in one of those pantomime Orange Ford Focus things... Disappointment was complete, you could tell by his face...

Anyway took a couple of piccies today...

93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Quality. I'd better get mine out of the garage.
                    I agree re cq gearbox,not a top end speed car, but you get there really quickly!
                    It's stood abuse from me, but I do hard launches in 2nd gear and I ve a clutch rated @650bhp or so.
                    Get some wide arches on it next eh?
                    I might paint mine as a rally rep, but I ve done colours like above before, so fancy a different scheme, any ideas anyone, blank canvas at the moment!

Comment

I can't believe it is six years since updating the thread on here,

Suffice to say the old girl is still as mad as a box of frogs. Absolutely loopy car. On Sunday it went with several other VAG machines to support John (John Mitchell Racing) at Dublogic in Suffolk... Now a bouncing, 320ish bhp, Single box-3" exhausty and happy AAN, a low geared 'box and a lightweight B2 quattro makes for a noisy and entertaining journey from Sissix by the sea... The Dartford tunnel was mad, deafening and ever so slightly firey... The cramp in my right leg and the ringing ears slightly less so entertaining... As ever, it demolished its fuel like a stressed alcoholic out of rehab, thought about eating it's shoes and performed flawlessly...

Here's a couple of pictures.... One taken by a chap photographing the cars as they arrived and the other in John's display...

Last edited by Ian Simmonds; 30 May 2017, 18:56. Reason: Photos added
                      93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

sigpic
                        Cab 2.3E
                        90q
                        URS6

Comment

Some great photos here! Love it.

Comment

Nothing to report really, but the old girl is flying in the cool Autumn days...

Apologies as the rest of this thread has been destroyed by photobucket.
                            93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Been a long time since i saw it in the flesh at goodwood but looking good
                              sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

The emphasis lately has been on the Ur with its restoration, so the old girl with the AAN passing through another MOT is always a bonus... Slight hiccup with the rear lights which turned out to be a "classic" Audi PITA...(and a lack of pre-test prep on my part if I'm honest). Who'd have thought a 1985 Audi quattro coupe would have a different rear lighting circuit to a 1985 Audi coupe quattro... AND, of the four spare rear sets of lights & circuit boards squirrelled here, ALL match our earlier Ur single filament configuration... but there you go...

The advisory rear discs and pads were changed too... They were 'hall of shame' bad on the inner rear faces...

I'm also quietly squirrelling for the RallyRep now, first things are minor modifications to airflow, engine mount and exhaust to help during the summer, then hopefully something brakes (Porker), bolts (x5) gears (x6) and wings (= hips)...

The old girl had a run out today after a quick polish up and we found a parking spot on Arundel High Street... (Always a good place for a browse)...

A normal Sussex High Street scene - honest...

It got quite a bit of attention as it stood out like a beacon...
                                93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X