No announcement yet.

S6 C4 ABT 2.0 260 hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice! but pretty slow to have 260bhp and a ton of torque- and pretty heavy too, it's 400+kg heavier than my S6 indeed. I don't think it's a 1994cc 2.0L AAN...could Audi have hacked the factory number on the papers to just enter more easily into the Italian market without changing the engine internals as done before between the 7A and NM? I think is a normal AAN 81 x 86.4mm bore x stroke, it obviously wouldn't be reliable for AUDI to make another engine like before... and if I am wrong, well, congratulations, you got a very rare engine lol basically what I wanted to do over my old NM!

I saw another ABT S6 on sale at a bargain price about 3 years ago when I was living in Italy, it had even twin sunroof, maybe yours does it too! Saluti Alessio!

Comment

Originally posted by FabS6 View Post
      Nice! but pretty slow to have 260bhp and a ton of torque- and pretty heavy too, it's 400+kg heavier than my S6 indeed. I don't think it's a 1994cc 2.0L AAN...could Audi have hacked the factory number on the papers to just enter more easily into the Italian market without changing the engine internals as done before between the 7A and NM? I think is a normal AAN 81 x 86.4mm bore x stroke, it obviously wouldn't be reliable for AUDI to make another engine like before... and if I am wrong, well, congratulations, you got a very rare engine lol basically what I wanted to do over my old NM!
      The conversion to 2L was done by Abt, probablyt using the NM crank. Alession has tried to confirm this with Abt but they threw out the info instead of archiving it. Here are the specs on the vehicle:

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
      94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
        The conversion to 2L was done by Abt, probablyt using the NM crank. Alession has tried to confirm this with Abt but they threw out the info instead of archiving it. Here are the specs on the vehicle:

Yes I red it mate but it still being weird ! I mean... Italy received the S6 AAN 2226cm3 paying more taxes in those years...I will explain it, my S6 is Italian and is 2226cm3 on papers, then why Audi ABT introduced that version as a 1994cm3 81x77,6mm crank if there already was a 2.2 litre version of the AAN?

I'M NOT saying Alessio is telling a lie, I know he is just confirming and sharing the info from the magazine and from the car's documents too and that is awesome indeed. But sounds strange to me that ABT opened the AAN, changed the crankshaft, pistons and rods just for the Italian market, maybe Portuguese market as well. Anyway if I am all wrong...is great to know about that AANM motor!!

Comment

Originally posted by FabS6 View Post
          Yes I red it mate but it still being weird ! I mean... Italy received the S6 AAN 2226cm3 paying more taxes in those years...I will explain it, my S6 is Italian and is 2226cm3 on papers, then why Audi ABT introduced that version as a 1994cm3 81x77,6mm crank if there already was a 2.2 litre version of the AAN?
          I'M NOT saying Alessio is telling a lie, I know he is just confirming and sharing the info from the magazine and from the car's documents too and that is awesome indeed. But sounds strange to me that ABT opened the AAN, changed the crankshaft, pistons and rods just for the Italian market, maybe Portuguese market as well. Anyway if I am all wrong...is great to know about that AANM motor!!
          Blame the Italian tax laws that make it cheaper to own a 1999 cc engine than a 2001
          cc engine. This created a niche market for somebody to exploit. In this case, it was Abt Tuning. Probably wasn't a big deal to do the conversion.

I have seen Alessio's documentation. It is an authentic Abt Tuned/converted 2.0L UrS6 avant. The magazine article just happened to document this Abt product, not Alessio's car per se.
          RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
          94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

So it's a de stroked 8.8 mm~ , so is the only part bar ecu the crank?
            At first I thought it was sleeved down, guess not..

Cool car !
            1991 S2 3B Coupe, KW v1, solid sub frames, poly bushed, chipped, about 260 ish

Comment

Great then! I thought the only engine modded by audi to meet the Italian/Portuguese law (tax abuse), was the NM derived from the 7A and a weak 2litre carb 10V placed in the 80's era too, derived from a 2144 or 2226cm3 (if I'm not wrong)... we learn something new everyday and yes, I know the car on the mag wasn't Alessio's

Comment

Originally posted by Audi-Porsche Avant RS2 View Post
                Today I have done something around the car

- Oil and oil filter
                - Air filter
                - Oil pressure switch because old one leak oil
                - New gasket seal kit because old start to leak oil

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Alessio
                can you remember any markings or part numbers that were on the cams when you did the gaskets ?
                1991 S2 3B Coupe, KW v1, solid sub frames, poly bushed, chipped, about 260 ish

Comment

I have a s4 abt too. But my car have a 86,4x81mm cilinder, 2.2, not 77,6x81.

My car have a ecu abt, front lip, exhaust, suspension, oz wheels 17 3 pieces, only abt original parts.

Attached Files

Comment

Liking the look of your ABT UrS4, you need to add it into this thread. Anyone wanting to share pictures of their URS6?
                    Going through this thread is a tease,......where have all the pics gone?

image_68767.jpg
                    96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                    96 URS6 plus speck estate
                    94 2.6 80 Avant
                    99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Ok, i,m going.

Comment

Looks great. Like the front lip!!
                        '93 S4 Avant now back on the road complete with new shiny go faster bits.

Comment

From where the front lip is?

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                            From where the front lip is?
                            Original abt performance kit 1991

Comment

Very nice this front lip!

Comment

Got a late (nov) 92' S4 Avant, originally equipped with ABT exhaust and 264hp MTM chips,
                                but, won't start, borrowed std AAN chips and it started, anyone got a copy of the 264 MTM's ?

front.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X