No announcement yet.

Jason's 1996 ABY S2 coupe project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've not really done a great deal to the car since I got it. Mainly small things, such as fitting a Clarion head unit in place of the Alpine one:

This looks much better IMO, and the illumination matches the rest of the dash pretty well.

It also has a USB connection and Bluetooth (inc a phone kit) so is also more functional.
    Last edited by j_jza80; 1 November 2011, 17:17.
    EX S2 ABY owner, now driving a BMW E39 530D manual & a MK1 Golf GTi called 'Hattie'
    My second Supra, a very special 1997 RZ-S 6 speed single

Comment

I've also got the first dose of carpet dying done:

Which looks much better IMO. However, a pretty good local coupe is probably going to be broken shortly, which has a good black carpet, so I may just buy that. Ill also get the black pillar trims and various other interior pieces too.

I've also just replaced the drivers door seal, which wasn't sealing well in the top rear corner, and had started splitting.
      EX S2 ABY owner, now driving a BMW E39 530D manual & a MK1 Golf GTi called 'Hattie'

Comment

I'd really like to get the seats and leather door card inserts retrimmed in BMW Champagne leather like this E39:

Unfortunately, that would be a long way down the road, as I'm certain the stock seats will come up very well with my furniture clinic kit. I can dream though

A couple more things on the fairly urgent agenda:

- get the various fluids together for a big service later in the month
        - new headlining (my coupe doesn't have a sunroof, so this may prove difficult)
        - rear brakes: new discs are needed, but I'd also like to tidy the calipers up to match the Porsche fronts, with high performance pads if possible (I don't like EBC, do Brembo, AP, performance friction or Porterfeild make rear pads for the ABY S2 Coupe?)

The new wheels will also bring new tyres shortly. Probably going to go with Toyo T1Rs but will do some research first.

Comment

I took delivery of a very nice upgrade for my coupe on Friday, here's a clue:

Can anyone guess what it is?

I'm going to New York in a couple of weeks, so I'm scouring the Internet in search of some late US spec all rear lights to bring back with me, if anyone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated can these still be bought new from Audi?

Comment

Originally posted by j_jza80 View Post
            I took delivery of a very nice upgrade for my coupe on Friday, here's a clue:

Can anyone guess what it is?
            Pop out rear windows ? - lucky fella (all the coupes should have had them as standard IMHO )
            Audi S2 Coupe 1995
            VW Passat GL5 (hatch) 1986
            VW Passat GL 1.8 (saloon) 1986
            Carrera Subway 8

Comment

Think I recognise that switch

Comment

Nice upgrade. I love mine. They are great for a bit of ventilation when cruising as they are loads quieter than having the window or sunroof open
                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                  Nice upgrade. I love mine. They are great for a bit of ventilation when cruising as they are loads quieter than having the window or sunroof open
                  Yeah, I think they're great. Plus, I have a rare non sunroof car so could do with the extra ventilation

Comment

I've finally found some wheels I want, for the amount I wanted to pay

I'll be receiving my RH ZW1s shortly

They need some work, but will be stunning once done. £350 posted for decent split rims with good tyres is money well spent in my book

I've also picked up a full spare grey leather interior, so the interior will be receiving the attention it deserves soon.

Comment

was those from avants2turbo on here/kieth? if so they are my old wheels

Comment

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
                        was those from avants2turbo on here/kieth? if so they are my old wheels
                        It was a chap called Keith, but I didn't find him through this site. Anything I should know about the wheels?

Comment

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43628

Comment

They looked fantastic on your green car

Thinking about colouring them light gunmetal on the spokes with metallic silver rims.

Comment

That was when spink had them, I had them on my passat before I got rid of them. Should look good on yours, and those colours should work on your car well.

Comment

I wouldn't gun metal them, they don't have the same effect as when they are silver.

To see if you like them, check rusty car he had the same style alloys in dezents and did them gun metal silver

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28448

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43850

Comment

Working...
                                X