• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ian Simmonds View Post
    lol.... it's had a lot worse....
    1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Originally posted by rynaqui View Post
      Erm, parked the rallycar in the very same slot after a rampant run back from Sunseeker, where it was running some fancy additives and the war department parked the S2 up behind it... Not thinking I gave it a bit of a *cough* blip, and it belched 'a bit' of fire... Fortunately the sooty scorch mark cleared off... Mostly...
      85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
      93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Well, had a good ol' session with this stuff today... Basically the whole floorpan and exposed inner arches.

First time I've used this instead of Waxoil, and I was quite impressed, goes on as a matt black sheen and gets everywhere...

Also had a dabble with it on the Land Rover...

Might just be getting some for the quattro.
        93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Is that the stuff that sets like an almost smooth rubber finish?

I have that all over the bottom of my beetle and its great!

Comment

Originally posted by Christophski View Post
            Is that the stuff that sets like an almost smooth rubber finish?

I have that all over the bottom of my beetle and its great!
            It is....

I expected it to 'settle' like waxoil does, eg in bubbly lumps, but this stuff, as you say, goes into a smooth rubbery finish...
            93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Its really good stuff only 1 problem I found is that after it drys it looks great and then within a few months it seems to dry and crack so it may be worth giving it another coat in a months time.... You can get some big 4rse cans of it from Bennetts. They were about the only place i could find it. Its not by Waxoyl either but in an idustrial looking blue and grey can. i have enough to do another few cars quite thickly I think.... Am going to do the avant at some point once the head is back together (hopefully over the next few weekends I miss the car so much!)

Comment

I was out late last night, well early 'am' to be fair, and bearing in mind the old girl has had issues until recently, and, with all of the above work/coils/brakes/exhaust etc, it is now running really rather well, I thought it might be time to clear the old girls throat... Just a little bit, you understand..... Well anyway, it confirmed the old girl is indeed in rather rude health again, and the 'near linear' acceleration curve is indeed 'near linear' in each gear, including 6th until 'ones' bottle runneth dry on't, public turnpike...

It'sa-quick-car.....
                93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

What power is it supposed to be running with what bits done? Bout time we heard of someones car running well hahaha. Luck its a green avant too. Gives me inspiration to finish my top end rebuild over the next few days.... Now where did I put my spanners????

Comment

What power is it supposed to be running with what bits done? Bout time we heard of someones car running well hahaha. Luck its a green avant too. Gives me inspiration to finish my top end rebuild over the next few days.... Now where did I put my spanners????
                    I'd guess around the 280/290 mark, its an mtm stage two map with turbo back Miltek... And EFIExpress coilpack conversion... It does appear to be in rather rude health at the moment, especially further up in the, and 'beyond' naughty zone...
                    93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Quick question Chris, I've just ordered two Philips Headlight BulbXtreme Power H4 472 Bulbs, and ISTR you ordered some a while back, are they a lot better than standard?
                      93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Well, they've arrived, be putting them in tomorrow...

Should be interesting....
                        93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

They make such an improvement mate. I have them in mine and its loads better. Not as good as HID's or ellipsoids but still loads better than normal. ust watch out for melting the fuses. Mine keeps melting on the fuses.

Comment

They make such an improvement mate. I have them in mine and its loads better. Not as good as HID's or ellipsoids but still loads better than normal. ust watch out for melting the fuses. Mine keeps melting on the fuses.
                            Ah... okay... Noted...
                            93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Well, had a good day with the cars (S2 and the Ur)... Sorted out a couple of trim issues on the S2 and replaced the bulbs and wipers, also replaced the passenger side under dash trim and strengthened the coolant for winter... The new bulbs have made a vast difference in total darkness, and certainly worth the effort.

Here's a piccie in daylight... the blue tint is visible...

Also took some piccies of the S2 in the late afternoon sun...

93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Oh, the other thing of note, after noting the intake/wastegate 'shee-thumm' on aggressive change-ups, along with the exhaust note from the Miltek, we gave it a bit of a ragging, in the cool air tonight and its now also doing a muffled detonation through the exhaust on high rpm change up, which is like the rallyrep and ur... Its all rather lovely...
                                93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X