No announcement yet.

Giving the S2 some love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahhhh, the glow of Emerald Pearl basking in sun. Looking forward to getting mine out soon. Waiting on some hoses/pipes so the leak test can continue and then the brakes then gogogogogo. I have a spare grille somewhere, so might dig it out, get peeling and tuck myself up with some black paint. Always liked the original chrome but yours looks good. Cannot hurt to try.

Comment

Did you paint the whole grill or just the surround? Black surround looks so much better than the chrome
      1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

That is an epic change, the old girl is running a lot, lot quieter, the hot oil idling pressure is about half a bar up and it just feels like a happy car again...
        The grille Mike, is completely painted.
        85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
        93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

What was your hot oil idling preassure before oilchange?
          Audi 80 Competition -94 Daily driver

www.garaget.org/fish for more pic´s of my cars

Comment

Originally posted by fish View Post
            What was your hot oil idling preassure before oilchange?
            1.5bar, it always has been since 2002 when we bought the car.
            93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Ok, thanks for reply.
              Audi 80 Competition -94 Daily driver

www.garaget.org/fish for more pic´s of my cars

Comment

S2 v 2007 S3

We were out today in the S2, as a family of four, with 'ye mad Collie' in the back, when, South of Pulborough, we gained, 'up the trumpet' an Audi S3 of 2007 vintage, just as the road slows to cross a narrow bridge before a mile long straight. As we entered the straight the dog was apocalyptically 'barking' mad as the S3 swung out to overtake on the clear ribbon of tarmac... But the S2 girded its loins and suddenly the two lads in the S3 had a problem. The family wagon with the badger faced collie barking at them was actually impossible to overtake, but the humiliation was complete as the kids were waving whilst the dog barked at them. Worse was to come as the S2 came into its 'higher up zone' and the 'wagon of humiliation' was actually pulling away. The lads tucked back in behind and dropped back for the twisty bits into Storrington, no doubt unsure what an S2 Avant is.... The dog loved it....
                93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

That's showing 'em! Love your stories, keep em coming!
                  1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

The old fiddle plays a mean tune, so mean that the S3 with the 2 lads who weighed 8 stone a piece just couldn't tune into the frequency I like the story but then i am biased.
                    96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                    96 URS6 plus speck estate
                    94 2.6 80 Avant
                    99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Lol, nice read and the grille suits the emerald rather nicely doesn't it.
                      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Bless, the old girl has had a pretty slow old pace of life lately with nothing but local family stuff and the daily station car park stuff.... Although the car park does have some likeminded owners...

However today we had a good old gallop out with a couple of hundred miles fully loaded, kids, Collie, family clutter and various gifts... And the S2 was an absolute joy with effortless power, easily surpassing or, at worse matching pretty much everything out there and darting down twisting A roads with agility, comfort and confidence... ( not to mention the 3" Milltek sound). The public haven't a clue what this small (in 2015) estate car is, but it really, really is, still.... a fantastic car to drive and can more than hold its own, even some 22 years after it left the factory...

Its been a good S2 day today....

I took a few pictures of the old girl in the late afternoon as it clicked itself cool after a 'spirited' day with plenty of boost in her lungs... They do love a good drive...

93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

What you have written in the above post is exactly right, i feel the same way about my s2 Avant. It always makes me smile just how good a car they are, it does what ever i ask of it with no bother, commute, tip runs, or going for a no reason blast it laps it all up. I still 22 years on would call it a quick car and it catches modern stuff out all the time, glad i bought one, yes they are an expensive car to keep on the road but boy are they rewarding to drive. Lovely.

Comment

A couple of weekends ago I gave some new snow foam a shot, I was impressed to say the least, when I waxed it, the microfibre cloth was almost clean at the end. The photo doesn't do it justice, it's scrubbed up well...

Today I managed to get out and give the old girl a wipe over and took some decent photos inbetween the showers...

For a 22 year old car its not bad, but the interior is starting to show its age.
                            93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Simmonds View Post

The Land Rover has been a troublesome beast lately, its 70 odd thousand miles and constant short, heavy traffic driving have contrived to give a dickie clutch. So faith has been lost by the 'better half' and the S2 commandeered. Hence the Land Rover is booked in tomorrow for a new friction plate so I can have the S2 back. However, the S2 has been right on form, so, rather than the right old moaning about this and that, the S2, with its (rather addictive) power, and tight turning circle has won the 'better half' over again and I'm struggling to get the keys back... (She drove it regularly as the family wagon from 2003)... The bottom line of this post is, I'm about to have a bit of a spend up on the S2, the new 18" wheels are refurbished, the tyres fitted and the old girl is booked in for its annual fettle, (where the rims will be put on the car). So I've now also got to 're-clutch' the Land Rover and persuade the 'better half' it's sorted before I get the S2 back.... It's testing times....
                              93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

A sneak peek...

And there was another S2 in John's...

93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X