X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• macspring
    replied
    Thanks for update fix.

Love the latest changes, including getting rid of the tints.

The rims will look lovely. Which model did they come on, as I presume they are naturally not 5 x 100 from a TT ?

Any more detail on the lights on the inside of the doors. e.g. I presume you had to cut door metal to fit the bottom white one ?

Best wishes.

Leave a comment:

• Vorsprung durch Technik
    replied
    Originally posted by macspring View Post
    One of my favourite threads on here.

Thanks.
    I never knew this thread existed.

I with Macspring for these reasons.The B3 and B4 are such well put together and good looking cars that they deserve the effort needed to do the fantastic upgrade work @MDZ has done. Stunning attention to detail and work there mate. If i can incorperate some of what you have done interior wise ie,climate and the electrical upgrades i will be a very happy man!!

Leave a comment:

• mdz
    replied
    Yep, I'm following his thread @ drive2.ru. Amazing work with interior

Leave a comment:

• _ShurikeN
    replied
    Oh, You knew that )

Leave a comment:

• mdz
    replied
    Originally posted by _ShurikeN View Post
    Very nice car. We have a guy here in S-Petersburg with FWD ABK B4 saloon. he is not keen on cool turbo-quattro tuning, but his plentiful modest and accurate mods are something the most interesting to look at because of high quality and attention to details.
    Is it dark green and number plate starts with m999?

Leave a comment:

• _ShurikeN
    replied
    Very nice car. We have a guy here in S-Petersburg with FWD ABK B4 saloon. he is not keen on cool turbo-quattro tuning, but his plentiful modest and accurate mods are something the most interesting to look at because of high quality and attention to details.

Leave a comment:

• mdz
    replied
    Winter sleep

Nothing much done last few months, but at least I now have my own garage.

RS door pull triggers and leg rest from US spec car. I found both US center console parts, but they are dark green so rear part is not installed. I also found oem fire extinguisher bracket that attaches at front of drivers seat, but no picture of it at the moment.

Door lights form C5. They are bit smaller than boot lights used in B4. Bottom ones fits perfectly, red ones has to be modified to fit.

Will take better picture if needed

New exhaust tip, got rid of window tints and 15eur paintjob horrible winter wheels

Battery will be going to rear using modified V6 battery tray

And after a bit of researching, here's whats coming for spring/summer:

5x112 swap with S2 front brake upgrade, polyurethane bushings for front subrame and wishbones, 26mm farb, V6/S2 strut brace and maybe something more to improve handling. Thought about going for aluminium bushes for subframe, but with lowering like mine it will be overkill for daily use on roads like these here. But who knows

Leave a comment:

• macspring
    replied
    One of my favourite threads on here.

Any updates ?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• mdz
    replied
    Well, not much done at the moment. I had two week holiday where I was mostly working on other cars than mine. LHD Kid topic inspired me to finish button illumination in drivers door.

And standard grill painted black (chrome doesn't look good with this body color)

Next on the list - battery moving to rear. I missed a chance to get S2 avant battery tray, so I'll be using modified V6 tray. Original strut brace, 26mm FARB (till I find 28mm one) and 5x112 swap.

Allroad vs Noroad

Leave a comment:

• macspring
    replied
    Any updates / photos ?

Leave a comment:

• LHD_Kid
    replied
    Originally posted by mdz View Post
    I'll be taking off doorcard in next few days and take a picture of how it looks from inside.
    If you can show exactly how it should be connected (illumination and lock functioning) so even an idiot (basically me) could wire it up...that would be fantastic, thanks!!

Leave a comment:

• mdz
    replied
    Originally posted by Pat D View Post
    I've always thought about fitting a B5 cluster in a B4.

Will it phsically fit in the dashboard without mods?
    It's very tight but it fits. B5 cluster is ~1cm lower than B4 so it will leave a gap on the top or at the bottom. Gap can be filled with piece of leather or something like that.
    Here's a thread about this in Audi forum from Poland http://www.audi80.pl/80-b4-licznik-z...em-vt15687.htm

Originally posted by LHD_Kid View Post
    Could you tell us exactly how you connected this in? Did you simply connect across wires in the door, or did you need to relay it?

Really want to do this, but am an electonic idiot...!!

Thanks

(I have a door trigger with electric window switch, also a door lock switch from an A3 which fits in the sdame location. Just need to know how to wire it in!)
    If your car has central locking, there will be three wires (+12v, ground and one to CL pump) connected to vacuum actuator in drivers door. They are used to lock and unlock doors by pushing in or pulling out rod in front doors. They must be connected to button. I'll be taking off doorcard in next few days and take a picture of how it looks from inside.

Leave a comment:

• LHD_Kid
    replied
    Originally posted by mdz View Post
    [Button for opening and closing central lock from inside without arming alarm

Could you tell us exactly how you connected this in? Did you simply connect across wires in the door, or did you need to relay it?

Really want to do this, but am an electonic idiot...!!

Thanks

(I have a door trigger with electric window switch, also a door lock switch from an A3 which fits in the sdame location. Just need to know how to wire it in!)

Leave a comment:

• Pat D
    replied
    I've always thought about fitting a B5 cluster in a B4.

Will it phsically fit in the dashboard without mods?

Leave a comment:

• PRY4SNO
    replied
    Really like the b5 cluster myself, if it were fully functional one could free up two gauges in the central column for boost/vac and whatever else (afr perhaps?).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X