• Show
Clear All

• Stoozy
    replied
    This car looks great!

Leave a comment:

• Mach.003
    replied
    Hi, I could ask for involvement 2000 A6 C5 diesel cluster in B4.

Leave a comment:

• Henkjan
    replied
    always a joy when this topic is updated

btw: can you give some details on the "BMW battery terminal"?

Leave a comment:

• quattrostyle
    replied
    All very tasteful mods, car gets better everytime

Leave a comment:

• macspring
    replied
    Great / interesting update with photos as 'usual'.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• mdz
    replied
    6,5k kilometers already done with 1.8T and smile from my face still hasn't disappeared. Every penny and second put into building engine was well worth it, it works just like new, had no major problems with it.
    Thermostat was crap (Gates IIRC), but I replaced it with Mahle one which works well. My old front radiator turned out to be too small so I bought new bigger radiator with dual fans:

Did first oil change @ 1k kms and went for way bigger oil filter just to have some more oil in engine (~0,5l) - OC105 from VW T4 van:

Oil catch can with BMW battery terminal right next to it:

N75 valve from TFSI engine. It was 12eur for new Pierburg so i decided to give it a shot. It doesn't fit in original place, hoses and connector doesn't fit. So I made up a bracket, modified tubing and swapped connector housing. Works good.

70mm downpipe with cone reducing to original 50 or 55mm (don't remember exactly) exhaust diameter. Along with drivetrain swap rest of exhaust system will be upgraded to 60mm.

1Z TDI airbox with modified MAF outlet angle:

And engine at the moment

While ago I got S3 injectors (386cc @3bar) and to fit them I needed different injector seats so I got spare inlet manifold, gasket matched and ported it, installed new injector seats and painted it black.

Fitted injectors, modified software and they works as they should

And then I did my first remap. Now boost is ~0.95bar instead of 0.5, some more fuel an it goes very well. There's still lots of work to be done, but for first time remapping an engine I think I'm doing good an I'm very happy with the result.

And then the winter came

Leave a comment:

• waveydavey
    replied
    Thanks mate.

Leave a comment:

• mdz
    replied
    8D0 854 955 B for ring
    8A0 854 953 for cover

Leave a comment:

• waveydavey
    replied
    Originally posted by mdz View Post
    These rings are going in holes. 4 on each side. They are NLA for B4, but B5 S4 has almost the same rings (thanks to Skull and Saltinot for confirming this) and still available. Bought more than necessary as suggested in thread I posted while ago as they can be broken easily.

Little bit of surgery

And they're in. Fits perfectly

These covers has to pushed through rings and turned by ~45° to lock. Same part for B4 and B5 S.

Do you remember the part numbers for these two parts?

Cheers

David

Leave a comment:

• hunker7
    replied
    next up *cough* quattro *cough*

Leave a comment:

• Typ89
    replied
    Nice! looks like a very clean setup.

Leave a comment:

• archiijs
    replied
    Hi mdz, your youtube video is private
    But lookin real nice.

EDIT: now video seems to work fine
    Last edited by archiijs; 9 August 2016, 06:00.

Leave a comment:

• mdz
    replied
    Hello from the boosted side
    Engine is now in and fired it up last night.

Poor idle because of open vacuum outlet in intake manifold. Plugged it today and it idles good @800rpm

Still some work left on intake, exhaust and cooling. I'm very busy at the moment so more pictures and details will follow later.

Leave a comment:

• mdz
    replied
    It was 50eur for whole reflector and was done by local car restoration shop.

Leave a comment:

• RichLV
    replied
    50 eur per sphere, if it was done by hroms.lv.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X