Leave a comment:

• JariP
    replied
    How much was the re-chroming?

Leave a comment:

• mdz
    replied
    Thanks!
    Getting this 1.8T running will be a huge milestone for me because this is my first time ever working on and rebuilding an engine plus that will be a starting point where i'll put one and a half year of learning and studying of Motronic 7 into practice.
    Forgot to mention, but I gave headlight reflector to re-chroming. Outcome was really good, well worth it. Now I'm looking for old other side reflector for re-chroming.

Leave a comment:

• macspring
    replied
    Always great anticipation on my part of your great ingenuity when you update this thread.

S2 bumper looks great on the car. Love the wheels and the 'stance'.

Looking forward to your future progress.

It is a long road, but the results are already fantastic.

You'll love it when it is boosted.

Leave a comment:

• irishs2
    replied
    Always a Wow! thread

Very nice indeed.

Leave a comment:

• mdz
    replied
    Steering wheel was sort of exchange - I helped my friend to solve some electrical issues on his MK1 Golf Cabrio and he gave wheel to professional retrimmer along with Golf seats and other stuff.

Leave a comment:

• hunker7
    replied
    Mate this is one stunning looking A80 where did you get the wheel re-trimmed, and how much was it if not a secret

Leave a comment:

• mdz
    replied
    Time to wipe some dust off this thread.
    Engine is almost complete and ready to go in. Just need turbo oil feed line to made up, some gaskets, hoses and other minor stuff. If everything will go well, I'll start swap in months time.

Valve cover is from AWT engine. It fits perfectly with Bentley coils and has crankcase breather output.

I'm getting as much new parts for this engine as I can afford, so new bypass valve from RS6 ( ) . I wanted famous 710N valve, but it's NLA and this (710P) is replacement for it.

Also got a new N75 valve. This time I tried my luck to find alternative/cheaper parts from another engines. Closest find was N75 for 2.0TFSI engine. It's not plug & play, has different connector, but price was 12eur for new Pierburg, so no big loss even if it won't work as expected (I don't see reason why, but if anyone has experience with this, please comment).

Got oil catch can made up (upside down in picture):

And I have a question for you guys - is it worth to build 70mm downpipe for stock K03 turbo if rest of exhaust system will be 60mm or just stick with 60mm downpipe? I was told there won't be any benefit from 70mm downpipe, but won't it make it any worse? K03 is a tiny turbo and it will be my daily driver so I'm aiming for good low end torque and low noise. I'll get bigger turbo in future for sure, but that's another story for later.

Interior wise I got steering wheel retrimmed in fresh leather at last, got facelift Cabrio leather handbrake and wooden gearknob from some VW to match rest of wooden bits.

Finally moved battery to rear. Used 36mm2 welding equipment ground cable (perfect for this purpouse), BMW E36 6cyl jumpstart terminal and modified V6 battery tray.

That ziptie attachment is just temporary solution. Ill remove old tray when engine will be out and attach it to the firewall
    Yep, and freshly powdercoated 3B S2 strutbrace.

Yesterday I fitted V6/S2 bumper with my BMW lip

Now I need to find lower door trims for complete S2 saloon look

And lastly for a teaser - I found RARB that MIGHT fit to saloons/avants, 18,5 mm thick and is dirt cheap (10eur for me). It's very close to rear track rods, I need to fit it on the car and lower it on its wheels to see if it won't rub against them but other than that, everything looks very promising.

Stay tuned.

Leave a comment:

• sergio
    replied
    Quattro swap???

Leave a comment:

• mdz
    replied
    Check my posts in this thread, that should answer to most of your questions about b5 central locking swap.
    C5 has all electric locking, there's no pump, just electric locking mechanism in each door and control unit under drivers seat. It might be possible to get it fully working, but it's not as easy as vacuum type locking setup.

So about the car. Nothing is changed yet, except for headunit - Alpine 9883R for now.
    Engine block got honed, surface skimmed:

And now it's pretty much assembled, just need to paint valve cover

Crankshaft rear seal

Instead of buying 1.8t seal which costs ~ 25eur for aftermarket part, I went a bit different route and took a seal flange (on 1,8t seal an flange is one single piece) from "old" R4/R5 engine and seal from the same R4 engine which costs ~5eur and is direct fit. Not because I'm trying to cheap out, but those 20eur saved can be used elsewhere

Spark plugs. I went for NGK BKR6E for break-in period and most likely will switch to BKR7E when modifications comes in.

Got a very good deal (15eur) for set of 5 used Bentley ignition coils, so bought a set of connectors and will modify engine wiring for them. Will buy a set of new coils later.

Intercooler from Renault Scenic. End tanks will be modified to fit, but cooler itself will be a good base.

Got V6/S2 front bumper. It's damaged because some ******* smashed into it, but I got if for free complete with all 3 grills (intact) and it can be repaired. I'm now working on it improving my plastic welding skills.

An today Christmas came late:

Complete B5q rear end with fuel tank. I know fuel tank won't fit, but I already have B4q tank, differential and some other stuff. Doesn't look that bad in real life, there's just some minor surface rust and tons of dirt

Need to get gearbox, propshaft, some brake lines, quattro exhaust silencer and some other minor stuff.

Sorry for crappy pictures, my phone went nuts again taking foggy pictures before I managed to break its touchscreen today in stupidest way possible.

Leave a comment:

• macspring
    replied
    Originally posted by Catalin_BN View Post

It's f**king loaded with extras.

Thanks, A proud Audi b4 owner
    Is this language really needed ? It's not prevalent on this forum for a reason.

It will not encourage a reply either.

Leave a comment:

• Catalin_BN
    replied
    Hello guys. I really love what you did with your car. It's f**king loaded with extras. I wanna install a central lock pump from a '00 Audi c5 in my Audi 80 b4. Please help me with the wiring...pinout or whatever you remember about what you did there.

Do i need anything else beside the central locking pump? do i need the controller from under the seat?

Thanks, A proud Audi b4 owner
    Last edited by Catalin_BN; 3 January 2016, 16:31.

Leave a comment:

• Hoyle
    replied
    Lovely looking car

Leave a comment:

• LucheS2@20v
    replied
    For about 300hp best choice is abf engine... And its stock motor

Leave a comment:

• Catalin_BN
    replied
    Hello. This is incredible...what you could do with that car. I love all thouse OEM upgrades that you did there. Maybe you could help me with some tips. I want to that key upgrade.
    I need the remote control (and key with 2 or 3 buttons depends on what's available for audi b5), central locking with G at the end (or something from a audi b5), wires and a vcds.
    How is the new central locking system wired?
    I think RF system would be much better then IR, so that means the central locking system should be from a car post 1997.

igniton and door switch too??? (would it fit my steering collumn)
    ps. I have a b4 1.9 tdi
    Last edited by Catalin_BN; 23 November 2015, 13:09.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X