Quattro in the spring Sunshine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ian Simmonds

It’d be lovely if we could, The Star pub in Chessington was a good meet and I’m sure even if it was just you and I that turned up, it’d be a good day....

I’ll never forget the day Robo turned up with his 550hp shorty in mid-winter and bless him, he was petrified of it.

Some good days
    I’m come, in whichever car is going at the time

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Simmonds View Post

It’d be lovely if we could, The Star pub in Chessington was a good meet and I’m sure even if it was just you and I that turned up, it’d be a good day....

I’ll never forget the day Robo turned up with his 550hp shorty in mid-winter and bless him, he was petrified of it.

Some good days
      I'm sure if we arranged something there would be a few takers.
      Should have a little update on the latest with mine in new year. So, when the weather improves... March , April?
      Really would be great to catch up. Also, gives John a target as he is almost there now!
      Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
      20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jogi730 View Post

I'm sure if we arranged something there would be a few takers.
        Should have a little update on the latest with mine in new year. So, when the weather improves... March , April?
        Really would be great to catch up. Also, gives John a target as he is almost there now!
        Absolutely, if we (Chris and I) can find a spring Saturday date, 1100 am meet as before, at The Star, Chessington we’ll turn up and have a nostalgic hour or two and if anybody else wants to come then that will be great
        85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
        93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

The old girl finally got a proper run out on the 21st.

23 years after we bought her, it’s finally as we wanted and just in time for Christmas.

Ian I would go as far to say sheer perfection. What a gorgeous UR and the work you have done is amazing I bet you are super proud well done. Makes me want one.

Comment

Car looks really good!
            great work on the restoration!
            -1989 Audi Coupé 2017-...
            -1986 Audi 90 2.2 2014-2017 Daily classic
            -1993 Audi 80 1.9TDI |recycling OEM parts| 2013-2014
            -1990 Audi 90 2.3 USA 2012-2013

Comment

The old girl has been suitably cleaned for the Easter weekend.We took it for a run with its latest stablemate which has been polished, waxed and treated with various detailing products.:tup: I know it’s not a classic, but it is deeply impressive.

93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Looking good, nothing wrong with some of the newer Audis great driving cars in their own right!
                96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                96 URS6 plus speck estate
                94 2.6 80 Avant
                99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

The old girl has been suitably cleaned for the Easter weekend.We took it for a run with its latest stablemate which has been polished, waxed and treated with various detailing products.:tup: I know it’s not a classic, but it is deeply impressive.

Both cars look very nice now the question is which one do you prefer driving or is that a silly question!!?

Comment

Lol. I’ll give you a clue, the missus was driving the S3 yesterday... Off to Beaulieu tomorrow and Simply Audi.
                    93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

hi IAN . see you at beaulieu tomorrow , we are taking the wifes S1, BY WAY I FINISHED msn rally championship 3rd in class .o/a , LOTS OF CLIPS ON YOU TUBE AND ALSO A 45 MIN RALLY PORGRAM AFTER EACH RALLY . LATEST ONE BEING msn-rally round 8 . cadwell , WE ALSO DID ROUNDS 4,5,6,7 . ALL ON YOU TUBE

Comment

See you tomorrow Ray, we will be with the Club Audi folk in the Ur.
                        The rally car is in dry dock at the moment, just passed MOT and having the cooling system upgraded with Behr Porsche 986 aux radiator. Also having S2 Alloys on it...
                        93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

We had a great day.

The Ur was feeling its feet for probably its first decent run since the restoration.

Here it is with my brothers GT just before we left.

The attendance was very good however the Ur S2/RS2 and even GT / classic attendance was minimal.

Put simply, we felt like old farts...

But looking at some of the modern stuff it suddenly dawned they were probably 10/15 years old which is probably when we bought into Ur’s.

THE D plate Sierra Cosworth in the motor museum foyer put the Ur in perspective.

Ray Read and Sam were also there and we had a lovely day with them.

For us, a lovely day.

And we were cheeky enough to ask for and get a private audience with this old girl.

It would appear to be one of the elusive aluminium blocks.
                          93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Looks like a great day. I went along to the first simply Audi last year with my lad and it was a really good day. I couldn’t do it this time around though as the dates didn’t work. One for the calendar next year though.
                            Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

This looks amazing!! well done!

Comment

On Sunday I took the old girl up to Dublogic to support John and JMR. My brother in his GT and me in the Graphite Ur. It was an early start as we needed to be there by 8am to set up the display which included KW’s merchandise.

Our Ur and my brothers GT on the display.

Our Ur. In the sunshine, which lasted for most of the day....

Until it clouded up...

and then chucked it down.

Typically, with Steve winning one of the “top twenty” show and shine daily’s awards.... The heavens opened. (Check out the beading)

The cars were really well received and we also enjoyed a wet, spirited run home once free of the motorways.

This was the first drenching since restoration and on bank holiday Monday I checked every nook and cranny for leaks. Fortunately, it’s dry as a bone.

Cleaned up easier than expected too.

93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X