X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AndyP
    replied
    Originally posted by newsh View Post
    Has anyone managed to fit a boost gauge to the centre vent and still be able to open and close it? On the 3B I removed the flap but I think that gauge had a plastic hardline.
    I've done that, but it still does not seal when closed as you have to chop a lump out of the flap to clear the gauge.

Leave a comment:

• newsh
    replied
    Just been for a drive, goes very nicely now

Near side rear wheel bearing is going though, noticed it on the M40 last night got a bit worse on the way home, tonight it's loud..

Has anyone managed to fit a boost gauge to the centre vent and still be able to open and close it? On the 3B I removed the flap but I think that gauge had a plastic hardline.
    Last edited by newsh; 24 December 2013, 22:29.

Leave a comment:

• newsh
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Error404
    replied
    Its like the shadow cast by of a nice pair of títs... you know they're there but you can't quite see them

Leave a comment:

• Christophski
    replied
    I'm looking forward to the jobs you do

Leave a comment:

• UrS4boy
    replied
    Oh what a tease!

..It's a bit damp round here so this is the pic of the car..

Leave a comment:

• Christophski
    replied
    I was right lol. Glad your back with an avant and getting stuck in straight away. Glad you got there and back ok too.

Leave a comment:

• newsh
    replied
    PCV leak turned out to be this chap, leaks like a sieve..

Temporarily replaced with this.

Team Bodge at work with getto DV actuator line bypass

Leave a comment:

• newsh
    replied
    Yeah, landing was proper sideways!

It's a bit damp round here so this is the pic of the car..

The car cruised home ok but felt like it was in limp mode so this morning I had a look under the bonnet, hooked up a boost gauge and gave it a pressure test.

This is what the pressure test found, not the first time I've seen this! Basically it sits against the headlight bracket and in the course of 150,000miles it wears through.
    Replaced it with a forge item I had in the spares box

The breather system is also leaking just above the crankcase vent somewhere so I disconnected it and plugged the pipe for now.

Car now boosts 0.7 Bar with WGFV unplugged and 1.3 Bar with it plugged in and pulls nicely.
    Last edited by newsh; 24 December 2013, 18:14.

Leave a comment:

• AndyP
    replied
    I flew from Heathrow to Manchester yesterday, I think I was on the flight before your's, the landing at Manchester was 'interesting' shall we say

Leave a comment:

• Error404
    replied
    Nice colour

Leave a comment:

• Christophski
    replied
    John, I think my guess is spot on lol!

Leave a comment:

• UrS4boy
    replied
    Just got home, epic drive back from Manchester! 13 hrs round trip, half of it at the airport! Oh and its Amethyst Pearl Sleep now
    Congrats! a) braving the flight (and wait) at Heathrow, b) purchasing the vehicle and c) making it home in one piece.

Okay, that's the niceties done.

Now cough up photos of this new purchase at first light.

Leave a comment:

• s2driveruk
    replied
    Nice evening for a drive lol...bloody awful here

Leave a comment:

• newsh
    replied
    Just got home, epic drive back from Manchester! 13 hrs round trip, half of it at the airport!
    Oh and its Amethyst Pearl

Sleep now

Leave a comment:

Working...
X