• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice!
    sigpic
    "For what you spent on that you could have brought a new car"
    BUT I DON'T WANT A NEW CAR!

1995 S2 Avant, Volcano Black
    1982 VW Golf Mk1, primer yellow, will be finished one day, maybe.
    2003 VW T4 long nose X pack, (has become project)

Comment

Boost gauge now wedged in centre-left vent with foam so I don't have to try and hold it or balance it on the ash tray

Rear washer fixed with a pin.

Bulbs replaced in fog light switch and diff lock switch so it's pretty at night.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

John, what bulbs do I need to fit in my switches to make mine pretty at night too?

Comment

Gorgeous John. Nice find.

Comment

Originally posted by Christophski View Post
            John, what bulbs do I need to fit in my switches to make mine pretty at night too?
            I just used standard plug in capless bulbs in the fog switches, 1.2w ones are a bit brighter, same as for the dash pod. The ones in the diff switch are tiny solder-in types.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Fog switches take one of these, pop the front off the switch, pull the old bulb out (a bit of masking tape helps to get hold of it with the pliers) and plug in the new one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/286-BULBS-...item2a321ccf8e

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

I think these are the ones I've used in the diff switch, there are 3 in there.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Grain-of-W...item5d286f9177

Jas1n has done some really good write ups on how to sort all the dash lighting out

This page has bulb infohttp://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28798&highlight=diff+lock+switch& page=10

another source

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MP02W-100-...item19e6bff4bd
                Last edited by newsh; 28 December 2013, 23:13.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Excellent, cheers john. I will be ordering some tomorrow

Comment

So, after my "Nasty Noise" episode which ended with the discovery that the engine had been rebuilt by an idiot.. http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...light=amethyst

The car is now back together and running beautifully, I've put 300 miles on it so a few hundred more and I'll do the oil and filter and give her some beans.

The car is running Errror's loom with red coils and an ECU that's had a makeover by Dmitri. I'm trying to keep the boost below 0.5 Bar and 4000 RPMs for the running in period but the car really feels like it wants to get up and go. I took my buddy over to the Swindon area today and he remarked how smooth the car is. I did notice a vibration at speed which seems like a wheel needs balancing, the 2 front tyres need replacing soon so I'll get them done then.
                    Need to get the 2 front wings and tailgate that are in the garage painted and fitted and maybe a quick refurb on the wheels.

Then I really need an exhaust....

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Excellent John, you need a nice clean run for a bit now mate
                      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                      Indigo ABY coupé
                      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
                        So, after my "Nasty Noise" episode which ended with the discovery that the engine had been rebuilt by an idiot.. http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...light=amethyst

The car is now back together and running beautifully, I've put 300 miles on it so a few hundred more and I'll do the oil and filter and give her some beans.

The car is running Errror's loom with red coils and an ECU that's had a makeover by Dmitri. I'm trying to keep the boost below 0.5 Bar and 4000 RPMs for the running in period but the car really feels like it wants to get up and go. I took my buddy over to the Swindon area today and he remarked how smooth the car is. I did notice a vibration at speed which seems like a wheel needs balancing, the 2 front tyres need replacing soon so I'll get them done then.
                        Need to get the 2 front wings and tailgate that are in the garage painted and fitted and maybe a quick refurb on the wheels.

Vibration could just be an unevenly worn tyre if the alignment is out. Glad you've sorted it and we all need an exhaust
                        1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post

Excellent stuff! Great to hear it's all up and running well and getting some love.
                          96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                          96 URS6 plus speck estate
                          94 2.6 80 Avant
                          99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Glad to hear you are getting there John. About time too! Now play nice and dont break anything else lol. (I know its not been your fault)

Comment

Great to hear its up and running again John, fingers crossed for a quiet summer!
                              sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X