No announcement yet.

My 1996 Silver ABY Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can’t wait to see this when it’s out in the sun. Worth a holiday down your neck of the woods to see it in the flesh!
    1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
    2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
    2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

• love this thread just read through the whole thing - beautiful car !
      - 1995 BLACK S2 ABY

Comment

• Paintwork I’m sure is going to look stunning, particularly once you have detailed it. Which spec intrax suspension are you going with? I haven’t heard of any review on these.
        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Originally posted by rs2coupe View Post
          Im excited for you buddy... Im building similar
          Thank you Anton, I know how you feel! I miss it like mad.

Originally posted by anthonys2 View Post
          I have to say Ryan I thought your S2 was immaculate before you doing a full paint job so it must look absolutely amazing once completed!! Looking forward to your updates
          I do hope so too! I'm a bit nervous about the actual process of putting it together again. Will definitely be updating more often in the future .

Originally posted by 4WDrifter View Post
          Can’t wait to see this when it’s out in the sun. Worth a holiday down your neck of the woods to see it in the flesh!
          Me too! It will be another 4-5 months I estimate by the time I get everything gathered, assembled properly. I do plan on doing a Euro trip in a year or two if everything goes well .

Originally posted by bhlegit View Post
          love this thread just read through the whole thing - beautiful car !
          Thank you! Can't believe it's been so long already.

Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
          Paintwork I’m sure is going to look stunning, particularly once you have detailed it. Which spec intrax suspension are you going with? I haven’t heard of any review on these.
          I haven't seen the car in the flesh yet but the painter knows how picky I am with paint so sure he has done a great job. Then anything I can fix I will do later.

Intrax I am likely to go with 1K2 with ARC (Anti roll control) and black titan to prevent corrosion. If I can stretch the budget I will go for 1K2XL, the XL basically is more responsive to the regular 1K2. From what I've read on other forums for Porsche/BMW, people seem to have had good results with Intrax and am hoping that by using soft springs and having the anti roll control, I can get a somewhat compliant ride whilst keeping things civilized in the bends
          1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

• Originally posted by rynaqui View Post

Thank you Anton, I know how you feel! I miss it like mad.

I do hope so too! I'm a bit nervous about the actual process of putting it together again. Will definitely be updating more often in the future .

Me too! It will be another 4-5 months I estimate by the time I get everything gathered, assembled properly. I do plan on doing a Euro trip in a year or two if everything goes well .

Thank you! Can't believe it's been so long already.

I haven't seen the car in the flesh yet but the painter knows how picky I am with paint so sure he has done a great job. Then anything I can fix I will do later.

Intrax I am likely to go with 1K2 with ARC (Anti roll control) and black titan to prevent corrosion. If I can stretch the budget I will go for 1K2XL, the XL basically is more responsive to the regular 1K2. From what I've read on other forums for Porsche/BMW, people seem to have had good results with Intrax and am hoping that by using soft springs and having the anti roll control, I can get a somewhat compliant ride whilst keeping things civilized in the bends
            interested to hear what the pricing is like on the intrax. I couldn’t justify after just changing the front shocks but interesting to see options other than kw
            Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg_S View Post

interested to hear what the pricing is like on the intrax. I couldn’t justify after just changing the front shocks but interesting to see options other than kw
              my thoughts exactly...!
              Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
              S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
              '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

• The specific model I want with all the extras is around 5,500 euro. Their entry levels start around 2-3k I believe. I couldn't get on with the KWs in my car
                1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

• I've finally got my car back (almost). The interior still needs to be assembled and some electrics doing, minor stuff but waiting on people to get these jobs done. Some other minor jobs here and there as well such as light treatment on inner wheel wells but nothing major thus far.

Did have time to wash the car, underneath and out. Having the car home is already great, among the cars I'm working on as well. You can see the Recaro CSE in the car, they still need to be wired up properly. More details on interior will come once it is done. Just serviced the car today and will put new plugs tomorrow once I have a feeler gauge in hand.

IMG_20200827_192940 by ryanaqui, on Flickr

IMG_20200828_075430 by ryanaqui, on Flickr

118438117_3199076806842116_3906563737038789147_o by ryanaqui, on Flickr

118540893_3199079130175217_4992920897927851950_o by ryanaqui, on Flickr

118629623_2442188426079671_802626321820346408_o by ryanaqui, on Flickr

118610329_3204451649637965_7217077760307695311_o by ryanaqui, on Flickr

118405883_3207004769382653_1479331189314163507_o by ryanaqui, on Flickr

IMG_20200831_215942 by ryanaqui, on Flickr
                  1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

• Nice stable there! The black lower portion of the bumpers is class. Better than new!
                    1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
                    2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
                    2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

• lovely matey
                      ABY Cricket Green Pearl Coupe, blk leather
                      THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH DOING NOTHING IS KNOWING WHEN YOUR FINISHED!!!

Comment

• Nice Garage for a nice car!
                        The Perfectionist
                        sigpic
                        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

• Thank you guys, I'm using the car daily now, even though there is no interior. Just miss driving it too much not to use it. Hope to have more updates in the future to detail the project a bit more
                          1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

• Great stable for your S2 and a few other nice motors very nice mate

Comment

• Thank you Anthony, it's been so good to have it back finally. Hope to have more work done soon
                              1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

• Additional pic I took 2 days ago whilst visiting a client.

IMG_20200902_151750 by ryanaqui, on Flickr

IMG_20200902_151740 by ryanaqui, on Flickr
                                1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Working...
                                X