No announcement yet.

Resurrection of my CQ20V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now Pete,new old stock ones (speedlines) are still available in germany for £250 including delivery for a set of 4,I will try and find you the link

Comment

James, now THAT I am interested in.... (and would warm my credit card up for)
      Last edited by Bowie69; 22 January 2014, 17:59.

Comment

my car has the same interior, if you need any little bits let me know as ill soon be deploying it to the bin.

good luck

Jason.

Comment

Looks like she'll be keeping you busy for a while.

Was it the lower door trim you got from audi for £42?

I thought they were mega bucks or no longer available?
          1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

Yeah lower door trim is £42 +VAT, rear parts are about £20, as are the front wing trims. The little fill in pieces on the back of the door trim are £3 or so.

Definitely available, unlike the boot seal...

Comment

Originally posted by Jaswan View Post
              my car has the same interior, if you need any little bits let me know as ill soon be deploying it to the bin.

good luck

Jason.
              Jason, that's really good to know, Thanks! I definitely need a drivers side door pull, the bit that goes round the window and mirror switches, rear ashtray lid... and probably many more

How faded is the interior? Could be interested in parcel shelf and rear seats if significantly better than mine...

Whereabouts are you?

Comment

Just a thought, consigning the interior to the bin, or the whole car?

Comment

It's heartening to see another one being restored to its former glory. I wish you well in your endeavours.

Comment

One tip, if your Coupe has had a replacement rear panel fitted at ay time in it's life, then check above the lights on right and left where the seam is to make sure that the monkey that put it back together welded it up properly so it didn't let water into the boot. Had to drill out the half plug-weld and then fill joint with mastic and pop rivet it back together again, fortunately the seal hides the rivets and the trim panel the gunk

Been chasing the water leaks for a few weeks now, so close, spare wheel well dry and 90% of the condensation has gone now

Comment

Sounds similar to mine... it was replaced but not sealed properly
                      Cheers'en, AndyC
                      1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Ah yes, the latest one was the seam by the 'water bin', running up the corner of the car between wing and rear panel, slight rust marks -water was coming through there as well, albeit not much.

Roof and guttering mastic is great stuff

Comment

Im going to strip the interior out of mine as its just going to be used as a track car.

if you pm me your number ill txt you and then can send you some pics of whatever bits your after.

Jason.

Comment

Does anyone know how these parts go together?

Items 18, 19, 16 on this:

Mine was not put back together properly at some point...

Cheers

Doh... worked it out now! I will post pics for others once I do it

Issue for me was the trim retainer (item 19) is shown at the end of the seal going through the hole -this is wrong, it's about 3/4 of the way along
                            Last edited by Bowie69; 24 January 2014, 18:21.

Comment

OK, who knows anything about headlamp adjustment motors?

Got a replacement drivers headlamp fitted, really good nick, but didn't have the motor in it, just the plastic twist out disc, so took that out, poked the motor in and fixed the whole thing to the car.

But the electric headlamp adjustment isn't working... It's fine on passenger side, drivers = not even any motor noise.

Do they fail frequently or is it likely to be something else?

Cheers,

Pete.

Comment

So I got a moment between showers... and pulled the trim piece off the car (easy as was only held by 2 screws(!))

The bracket can be seen quite easily in this pic, and the seal that once fitted to the car will seal to the underside of the headlamp glass:

The seal sits inside the trim, and is self-adhesive, but held at one end by the button in the first pic, and pinched into place behind the bracket as well.

Closer, but blurry pic of the end of the seal sitting in the channel.

The bracket then screws into an insert nut just to the right of the headlamp, so it doesn't rattle evey time you slam the drivers door

Comment

Working...
                                X