No announcement yet.

My Audi S2 let the work begin!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you going to share some before and after photos?
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Yeah I will do Greg tbh am over the moon I've managed to get to new front wings hopefully this week I will agree a price and also a date for when the work begins next year

Comment

New wings were one of the best things I did!
        How far you going with the strip? My parts list grew and grew!
        1996 Audi S2 - 295bhp and 326lb/ft - Complete Rebuild Project

1994 Audi 80 - 2.0 8v (slow but reliable!)

Comment

Originally posted by anthonys2 View Post
          Yeah I will do Greg tbh am over the moon I've managed to get to new front wings hopefully this week I will agree a price and also a date for when the work begins next year
          Im gradually accumulating parts for a respray eventually. if you have a list of parts and numbers that needed to be replaced rather than reused that would be helpful. I managed to get a pair of front wings and front bumper so far but plenty more to get.
          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by willg54 View Post
            New wings were one of the best things I did!
            How far you going with the strip? My parts list grew and grew!
            Am not sure tbh Will I have been speaking to few friends and they are wondering why the hell am doing all this cause they say my 24 year old Coupe is in better condition than their 5 year car lol!!!

Parts so far:
            2 new front wings picked them up last night well chuffed!

parts I want:
            full set of lower rubber trims got the door ones on order arriving next week just need rear panels and front wing bits.
            when the car is in bits I would like the headlights refurbed the chrome inside looking old

Rest of the car is in good nick as I have looked after unless anyone has any ideas please?

Comment

Right I got my quote from my friend to do my paint and restoration job and am fairly happy with it! Like I have mentioned earlier I have my wings and I have the lower door trims and front wing lower trim BUT still need rear which I know are obsolete but am hoping a fellow member has some in very good condition to help please!!?? Even Nick said why cause it’s in bloody good condition lol!! But am fussy. Anyways car going in at the end of March.

Comment

Did you not see this one? Audi 80 B3 Cabrio Schutzleisten Abdeckung Seitenteil links 895853541 NEU NOS
                Sold a few days back.
                96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                96 URS6 plus speck estate
                94 2.6 80 Avant
                99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
                  Shiiitee!!! No I just check uk eBay it’s the only bit I need

Comment

I got an update from my mate Nick who’s restoring my S2 and it’s going up in 3 weeks. Was due in March but delayed because of lockdown. It’s been in the garage the last few weeks getting a few bits done and it’s been fully checked underneath and it’s all solid and no issues. He’s just sorted out a Porsche 911 turbo and doing a full restoration job on an old Mini Cooper. Can’t wait and I will sort before and after pics.

Comment

• One day to go before it goes in, can’t wait collected all the parts required over the last 6 months, 2 new front wings also 2 new audi front wing badges. All the lower rubber mouldings with rears coming today. Car was in decent condition it’s going to be superb once complete. One excited guy here lol. Il try and share photos on here and Caroline will try and add a few to fb.

Comment

• IMG_4652.JPG IMG_4650.JPG IMG_4653.JPG IMG_4655.JPG IMG_4649.JPG

Comment

• Some progress on my S2 restoration, new wings fitted prepped and painted. Parts gathered so far all new rubber lower trims. Car full respray tomorrow. A hell of a lot of work has gone into this so far. My S2 has been gone now for 4 weeks

Comment

• good stuff.

Comment

• Thanks John got a few more pics which I’ll share tonight cars painted it looks so much better than before which I thought would be hard to do lol!!

Comment

• Ha Anthony i bet you'll be pleased to get it back. It's looking very nice. Did the paint shop removed the rear lights and glass or didn't the fellas painting it think it need doing coz the paint was still good. Kindest Regards Lynn.

Comment

Working...
                                X