No announcement yet.

RichLV's UrS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The N80 is run to the Intake manifold already. It's attached to the rubber "T" under the manifold. And I think you could get away with the filter. A buddy of mine ran a filter like that but with the Oem pcv system. When deleting all the valves and the catch can you would be safe to keep it attached to the inlet as nothing should get past the catch can.

Comment

Change of plans, gonna leave the stock system intact, just replace the valves with ones from 034 motorsport, replace hoses with silicon equivalents and throw a catch can between cam cover and pressure valve.

Is it a worthy investment to go for a MAFless chip? They are twice the price of a regular one.
      Last edited by RichLV; 10 April 2015, 13:37.

Comment

Swapped for summer boots!
        Last edited by RichLV; 13 April 2015, 19:21.

Comment

So I could use some info on mods. The target is about 300-350 HP, on stock internals. What should be done to achieve that target besides mapping? Power upgrades will come after full engine rebuild. Ebay silicon hoses will be bought as well.

Apprieciate the info!

Comment

Don't be tempted to use the little metal 034 valve in the PCV system. It is my understanding that they do not work as well as a new oem one.

Others may know more.

But maybe play it safe with the oem one in the meantime.

Regards.

Comment

Everyone keeps telling me that all the valves from 034 are not worth it. Are they that bad?

Comment

Audi has done pretty good job on setup on these cars, most things are not worth upgrading unless you're going some silly power.
                '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
                '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
                '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

So at my power target I can leave plastic OEM valves? Just throw in some silicon hoses?

Comment

Originally posted by RichLV View Post
                    So at my power target I can leave plastic OEM valves? Just throw in some silicon hoses?
                    I'm sure you can (correct me if I'm wrong), and i think even OEM hoses are good for 300-350, I mean that's RS2 power.
                    '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
                    '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
                    '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

I kept all Oem plastic valves and their fine. The Oem boost hoses however did not hold up to chipped ecu boost. The lower intercooler hose blew right open at WOT. And the upper intercooler although still intact and installed has started to show signs of cracking.

Keep Oem pcv valves
                      Silicone hoses. EBay is fine that's what I went with.

Comment

What about the PCV silicon hoses from 034? Are they any good?

Comment

Originally posted by Morris400 View Post

The Oem boost hoses however did not hold up to chipped ecu boost. The lower intercooler hose blew right open at WOT. And the upper intercooler although still intact and installed has started to show signs of cracking.
                          Mine are fine, my car has lead an easy life though.

Was the inside of the pipe and intercooler neck thoroughly degreased with a solvent ?

While uprated hoses may be the long term answer, it may allow the op to use his oem hoses for the time being.

Comment

My lower intercooler hose split in the ribs. I had 234k km when it went and the hose was probably the one from 94. I know the oem hoses are ok but when mine went I had to wrap the hose in duct tape and stay out of boost for weeks until new ones arrived. Really a pain in the ***.

As for the silicone Pcv hoses. It will kinda improve the engine bay look but there pretty hidden. Again for the cost vs function...if it ain't broke it don't need fixin. Just my 2cents. I kept all oem hoses minus the 3xmm one that comes off the block which was leaking on mine. I replaced that with some silicone hose from a hardware store here.

Comment

I just realized that I'm missing the PCV one-way bleed valve. It's just not there, simple hose is taking it's place.

Comment

The valve is conceled in 2 small hoses. It's not visable per say untill you remove the part connecting to the bottom of the T hose to the hard line.

http://12v.org/urs/PCVStuff3a.jpg

This link.shows the position of the one way valve. If yours looks like this then it's probally there.
                                Last edited by Morris400; 15 April 2015, 14:05.

Comment

Working...
                                X