No announcement yet.

RichLV's UrS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Besides that, new fuel lines, Bosch parking brake cables and brake lines were installed.

Last edited by RichLV; 13 May 2015, 14:20.

Comment

Originally posted by RichLV View Post
      Chinese as well?
      I'd say most ebay hoses are Chinese
      '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
      '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
      '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

I'm using eBay hoses on mine. Good for my 23-25 psi on k24-7000.

Comment

25 psi boost? Or overall pressure?

Comment

Originally posted by RichLV View Post
            25 psi boost? Or overall pressure?
            25psi ~ 1.72 bar , which i'd say is boost.
            '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

If boost then it's very good. Aight, I'll grab ebay hoses.

Comment

Got the car back from the shop. The sills are reinforced and welded. The new exhaust sounds ballistic! It's gotten even louder! But I love IT! After driving my old 80 (which runs very nice, because head is ported and lightened) for a few days, it's such a joy to drive this thing again.

Got a problem though. I'm desperate to change oil in the rear diff, but I am unable to get the flush corks to move. We've tried hammering them, used pneumo instruments, lubricated them, heated them and still nothing. Exhibit too much force when unscrewing them and diff casing will be broken. I don't want to remove the diff to change the oil...
                Last edited by RichLV; 18 May 2015, 19:44.

Comment

Was thinking about the injectors the other day. I've already mentioned that I have 5 Bosch 0280156023 injectors. Was looking for more info about them, and found out that they are 373cc @ 3 bar (43,5 psi) fuel pressure. Then looked for a formula to find out what kind of flow would they have at 4 bar (58 psi), since we have 4 bar regulators. So the formula is:

new pressure/old pressure * increase/100

I got 1.333.....3, so it's a 33% increase in flow. 373*1.33=496cc. Amirite? If so, then that's more than enough for my power target.

Comment

I could use some advice from you gurus. So I had this stuttering problem on my URS when I put the foot down, right when it gets full load the car starts to stutter. I'm thinking that it's ignition related. As far as I know the spark plugs have not been changed in a long time and one time the 5th cylinder did not work. Considering the quality of coil wiring done that might be contributing as well. It actually shoots through the exhaust when it stutters.

I got these faults when hooking it up to PC:
                    00561 - Mixture Adaptation
                    14-00 - Adaptation Limit (Add) Exceeded
                    00561 - Mixture Adaptation
                    13-00 - Adaptation Limit (Mul) Not Reached

Additive trim fault is probably because my idle is erratic when the car starts to warm up a little the revs float 800-900. It goes away when car is at 90 degrees C. Probably a vacuum leak, and I think that I know where.

Would appreciate thoughts on this.

And on a bit more positive note I've finally swapped over old rubber hoses for new silicone.

And I've even bought special turbo hose clamps.
                    Last edited by RichLV; 2 June 2015, 23:27.

Comment

Finally I got my harness. And 5 new coils. Happy as f**k. Car stutter is gone, idle has improved as well.

Harness is very well made, reeks of quality. Spoils are in original packaging. Gotta love germans.

Since my coil wiring was a complete mess, it took a lot of time and almost all of my old coils. Had to pinpoint each individual coil signal live, that killed most of my old coils. After double checking everything works fine, soldered and isolated the signal wires. Now the wiring is like it was originally.

Looks a lot better as well.
                      Bosch F5DP0R's on the way.

Comment

I'd use Bosch fr5dtc if I were you, or me for that matter

Looks good!

Comment

20vT gurus swear by F5DP0R's. Read a lot of material regarding this topic and 95% of those recommends F5DP0R.
                          Last edited by RichLV; 20 June 2015, 14:58.

Comment

When it comes to plugs, there are as many opinions as there are people.

Nice looking engine bay btw
                            '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

The old f5dpor was good but I have seen and heard lots or stories about them breaking up and damaging engines. The newer batches seem to be weaker. Use caution is all I'm saying...

Comment

Originally posted by ringbearer View Post
                                The old f5dpor was good but I have seen and heard lots or stories about them breaking up and damaging engines. The newer batches seem to be weaker. Use caution is all I'm saying...
                                Agreed. Use at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
                                X