'93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• Thought so... Any part number for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by RichLV View Post
        Thought so... Any part number for it?

No idea, I just bought set of o-rings and matched it.
        '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
        '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
        '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• Originally posted by hunker7 View Post
          No idea, I just bought set of o-rings and matched it.
          Seems I wasn't looking hard enough. O-ring part number - N90461401.

Comment

• Both issues might be related. Too much crank case pressure causes leaks and burning oil.

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by diesel des View Post
              Both issues might be related. Too much crank case pressure causes leaks and burning oil.

I'll start with an O-ring for the dipstick tube, which I do not have in place at the moment, and later I'll restore the OEM PCV system. I think I may have miscalculated the PCV mod...

Comment

• First step to 044 upgrade.

I'm in the process of redesigning the PCV, initial mod builds too much pressure on idle, starts to leak oil. I'll describe the idea when finished.

Gauge madness has finished.

The narrowband has helped me to identify the idle 00561 fault code culprit - I have a leaky vacuum servo. Good thing TRW still produces these new.

Comment

• Isn't the blue tiring on longer drives at night?
                  '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
                  '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
                  '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• They are dimmer in reality than they look on picture. Didn't notice any eye fatigue during night. ))

Comment

• today i had to put 044 in a tank.. that was a great experience... good luck

Comment

• Yea not a nice job getting the clip on and off in the tank is it.

Comment

• Originally posted by rxl View Post
                          today i had to put 044 in a tank.. that was a great experience... good luck
                          Yes, I know that getting the basket out is a nightmare... Been through this on Audi 80... But it has to be done. :/

Comment

• A write-up about my adventures with the PCV system.

So, the initial idea was to kill all valves and just run a straight line from the block breather through a catch can into the turbo intake boot. For that I cut off the bleeder valve pipe from the block distributor and welded it shut. The idea was working for a day, and then problems began. Car started to mysteriously leak oil through the oil filler cap and the oil dipstick. I thought that was because I was missing the oil deflector under the cam cover and the dipstick seal. Nope, that was because there was a pressure build up during idle and low loads. So the worst thing happened yesterday, when I gave the car a big punch. The vacuum from the turbo pulled up the oil into the can and I nearly lost all of my visible dipstick oil level amount.
                            I stopped and heard the lifters ticking, which is the first sign of insufficient oil level. Had some help and got oil, filled up and went home. Spent half of the night in the garage remaking the system.

So the baseline right now is the following (and it will probably stay that way):

1: Modified catch can. Total of 4 ports. Baffled.
                            2: Stock system, with new valves.
                            3. Stock system connected to the catch can before going off into the intake.

As seen from the picture, the ports are as follows:
                            Top of the can - goes to the transfer pipe and intake boot.
                            Farthest small port - bleeder valve pipe from the block distributor. The nipple has a copper tube inside which goes to the bottom of the can, forcing the fumes to go through the baffling.
                            Closest small port - goes to the bleeder valve & intake manifold.
                            Bottom of the can - comes from the pressure regulating valve.

I've been driving for the second day and the leaking places are now dry and dandy. Gonna leave the system as it is now. Ironic, wanted to get rid of valves and excess hoses, ended up having more of them than stock...
                            Last edited by RichLV; 18 May 2016, 22:11.

Comment

• The pcv systems on these cars are poor and do take some work as you have found.

Comment

• Originally posted by diesel des View Post
                                The pcv systems on these cars are poor and do take some work as you have found.

As a system, it functions well, now that I've played around it a little I understand the principles why it was made like that, but I'm surprised they didn't include somekind of a PCV filter element so that we could do just fine without catch cans, surely they knew that turbos feel better without oily fumes being thrown at them.

Next on the list - restoration of the rear suspension. I have a dissasembled rear sway bar assembly, which I'm gonna refurb with new bearings, abs sensors, poly bushes from Albert & control arms.

After that - 044.

Comment

Working...
                                X