No announcement yet.

RichLV's UrS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The swap is finalized. Oil cooling successfully routed into the front radiator.

The pipes are almost a straight fit. Problems only begin with the pipe which goes to the top of the radiator, as it's natural shape doesn't clear the electric fan area. We gently bent it in few places to fit and it's all in place now.

All I need now is a gear knob...

Comment

• Idle started to jump up and down recently. Seems that the ISV was sticking like hell. I changed it and now the idle is fine, but I'm constantly getting a fault code:

00533 - Idle Speed Regulation
      10-00 Adaptation Limit Not Reached

I'm combating this fault for some time already, but was thinking that the ISV change would help. Should I realign the TPS again?

Comment

• Did you clear the codes after you first changed the ISV?

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

• Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
          Did you clear the codes after you first changed the ISV?

Yes. I let it idle for some time with the new ISV and the fault popped up. But then later I took a ride and it disappeared. Maybe the ECU re-learned the idle corrections... Will monitor during the week anyways.

Comment

• The fault is back. I was driving for the whole day and it was fine. Just in the evening I stopped at the house and let it idle for some time. CEL light on and the fault doesn't clear out. If I stop the engine and start it up again, it's gone but comes back after a while. If I start up and drive then there's no sign of the fault until I let it idle for a longer amount of time.

Comment

• Recently caught myself on thoughts of letting the car go. I'm kinda hooked on the S6 C5, have looked at a couple of examples but nothing exhilarating so far. I love this thing, but it constantly demands attention at the moment - steering rack leaking, coolant leaking, body needs repairs after the crash, fuel tank will start leaking soon, turbo started to drip oil into intake, etc.... I'm kinda in need of a very reliable daily, since I'm training 6 times a week in preparation for fights and don't have the time at all to address all this. Love the 5-pot and would like to keep it...

Just recently the clutch failed. Was an easy fix fortunately - slave cylinder bled the whole fluid reservoir onto the ground. Rode it without clutch to the maintenance place and replaced the slave cylinder with a Sachs unit.

Comment

• Unfortunately I'm on the same boat. As much as I love mine, it breaking down or having problems on monthly bases is starting to get tiring and would like a car that I can spend time and money on making better not just keeping it going.
                '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
                '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
                '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• Originally posted by hunker7 View Post
                  Unfortunately I'm on the same boat. As much as I love mine, it breaking down or having problems on monthly bases is starting to get tiring and would like a car that I can spend time and money on making better not just keeping it going.
                  Tough with them huh? The age is kinda starting to catch up with them. Unless you strip down the whole car and do everything at once, it keeps breaking down.

I'm a bit heartbroken over this, I know that if I sell it, I'll regret it, since 5-pots are king.

I have a 2000 S8 with a manual box looming in the car ads...

Comment

• I've done loads of work on mine same as you, and it still finds a way to cause problems. I do agree, age starts to show and unless you put many thousands in in one gof unfortunately that's how they'll be.

I've considered everything from A8 V6 to MK1 Octavia 4x4 1.8T (awesome engine).
                    '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• My first rule is that no diesel shall be parked in my garage. I definitely want an S-car, since once in one, can't really sit in anything else. It has to be pre-2005, once over it, the taxes are a nightmare. Not really into the B-series anymore, kinda like the space. Basically leaves me with 2 options - C5 or a D2, maybe early D3. But there's a rule there - manual box only. I like turbos of course, but they tend to break down often, so swapping a turbo for displacement. Dunno what the MPG will be for the V8's, if I can manage around 15l\100km it would be cool.

Other problem is figuring out for how much to let go my 5-pot queen...

Comment

• So the car is parked again. Couple of points to go over.

Took out the steering rack as it was leaking. Gave it over to hydro tech servicing company.

Also drained coolant, to battle with the leaking turbo pressure pipe. Got a second pipe to experiment with, maybe I'll come up with a fabrication or something.

In process I removed the boost pipes and whaddya know... Full of oil. Drained about 200 grams of oil from the boost pipe+intercooler. Turbo intake had oil in it, but the boost outlet was dry strangely enough.

The turbo is leaking via the big backplate o-ring. I could change it, but for that I need to order the full rebuild kit. Would it make sense to try and fix this turbo if I'm intending to replace it in the near future?

Comment

• Oil in the intake of the turbo is usually a breather issue.

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

• One really needs a spare donkey car if you want to be able to daily an S car as when it breaks life / availability of parts doesn't let you repair the car straightaway.

I have the use of an old low milage Toyota Starlet.

Comment

• While budget is always the limiting factor - but what about buying a late model UrS6 Avant from Germany that's in good condition and may not need quite so much work, or alternatively a rough UrS6 4.2L V8 manual Avant as the back up car. Hate that these 'plus' cars are only available in LHD.

Comment

• Originally posted by macspring View Post
                                While budget is always the limiting factor - but what about buying a late model UrS6 Avant from Germany that's in good condition and may not need quite so much work, or alternatively a rough UrS6 4.2L V8 manual Avant as the back up car. Hate that these 'plus' cars are only available in LHD.

Mac, let's be honest, all these cars will need work simply due to their age.
                                '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Working...
                                X