RichLV's UrS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RichLV View Post
    Pump is now also relayed and feeding directly from the battery. Feeds on a hefty 13 volts. Used this DIY - http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/24327.phtml
    Hope you found the DIY useful and easy to follow.

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

• Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
      Hope you found the DIY useful and easy to follow.

I just needed the wire lengths from it And was interesting to see what parts you used.

Comment

• Upgraded the rear brakes today. It's a 310x22 rotor upgrade using Thuppu's adapter plates.

Grinded the edges of the caliper and inside of the carrier for unobstructed fitment.

Fits nicely over R16 Avus.

Used Zimmermann A8 rotors and Ferodo UrS4 pads.

Comment

• Ooh, you got them already.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
          Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
          BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
          BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Yup, got them 4 days after you shipped. Couldn't PM you, full mailbox.

Comment

• That was fast. Economy shipping usually isn't so fast. Yes sorry, it was full, got the e-mail notification.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
              Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
              BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
              BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• I'm a 2 hour boat ride away from you. Should be fast. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Prepping a 6-speed swap for my lady, finally.

DSY box from S4 B5. Need a few more bits and pieces to start the swap.

Comment

Prepping a 6-speed swap for my lady, finally.
                    DSY box from S4 B5. Need a few more bits and pieces to start the swap.
                    DSYs have an oil pump that pumped the oil to the radiator for cooling (and warming in the winter). The radiator was like (or was) the radiator from an Autobox car (with integral transfluid coolant channels).

You could just add an oil cooler for summer use (by-pass for the winter).

Comment

• I know Dave. I've read the DSY fitment comments like 20 times already... I want to go a little different route. I'll route the pipes into an OEM AAN automatic transmission front radiator using V8/AAN (auto) oil cooler pipes. I need everything on my hands to fabricate the connections between DSY oil pipes and OEM oil pipes. I'll get the pipes and transmission bolts probably on Saturday.
                      Last edited by RichLV; 13 September 2016, 09:25.

Comment

I know Dave. I've read the DSY fitment comments like 20 times already. I want to go a little different route. I'll route the pipes into an OEM AAN automatic transmission front radiator using V8/AAN (auto) oil cooler pipes.
                        I was only trying to help. My 94 V8 S4 avant has a CMG 6 spd with oil pump and the lines go to the radiator. PN 4A0121251B. Somehow different than the V6 automatic one 251C.

http://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/audi+100.../121-121070/#1

Comment

• Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                          I was only trying to help. My 94 V8 S4 avant has a CMG 6 spd with oil pump and the lines go to the radiator. PN 4A0121251B. Somehow different than the V6 automatic one 251C.

http://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/audi+100.../121-121070/#1
                          No offense intended Dave. Utmost respect for you, sorry if it sounded like that.

This is what parts catalogue gives me for AAN auto radiator - 4A0121251C. The AAH (2.8 V6) auto radiator is listed as 4A0121251H, and it's NLA. And in 1994, it's 4A0121251M.
                          Last edited by RichLV; 3 August 2016, 21:41.

Comment

• Yesterday was a sad day. Got rear-ended by my own GF driving my own backup car. I was driving the UrS and she was driving the 80. Stopped at a junction to let people pass and she rear-ended me. Seems fixable, but still sad. The UrS will live, but the 80 goes to the breakers... Going to the insurance guys tomorrow.

Today was a fun day though. Got a blast on the track, it was our local annual Audi Megameet. 300+ cars, drags, fast laps & lots of fun. Was kinda embarrassed going there with a banged up rear, but still had fun.

Last edited by RichLV; 4 September 2016, 18:08.

Comment

• Ah man, what happened?
                              '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
                              '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
                              '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• I've finally swapped the old, broken up 5-speed box to a DSY 6-speed box from S4 B5. And the gearbox is fantastic. I like it very much, shorter mid range gears kinda make the car feel more lively, while the 6th is perfect for highway cruises.

The swap itself is a bolt on. Like, really bolt on. Everything fits, the only thing that needs to be taken care of is the oil cooling which for the first moment can be just connected together with a simple rubber hose. Of all the bolts that I used from the old box, only 2 did not fit, one is needed to be longer and other needs to be bigger. No grinding of the crank sensor bracket or the sensor bell housing was necessary. Swapped the oil to a Motul Gear 300 while I was at it and also readjusted the gearshift linkages (although it needs to be adjusted again, the shift is a bit wobbly). After more closely looking at the boxes, even the Procon-ten bracket could be swapped over, but it would only be held together with the 2 front bolts instead of 4.

I still need to finish the oil cooling. Yesterday I swapped the main radiator to Auto box one and I have the CMG box oil pipes. Hopefully the oil cooling will be routed into the radiator today.

I need a 6-speed gear knob now...
                                Last edited by RichLV; 13 September 2016, 13:26.

Comment

Working...
                                X