RichLV's UrS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by diesel des View Post
    Oil in the intake of the turbo is usually a breather issue.

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk
    I have a catch can which works very well and the transfer pipe (breather->turbo) is dry like Sahara. I also thought that it might be because of the breather, but all of the breather links to the intake are dry and clean.

If I'm switching this car to something else, then it is a 2003 S6 C5 with a manual. This is what I've decided to opt for. But until that, I need to keep this going.

@Mac, I have a 1998 VW Golf 4 1.6 petrol, with a fairly nice equipment. Great backup car.

Comment

• Some progress with the coolant pipe. Turns out that the rubber part can be taken off. The metal shell around it can be cut off and you can just stick a hose on the pipe.

I'm just gonna stick a silicone hose on it and cut it to the appropriate length.

Collecting the steering rack tomorrow and will start to re-assemble the car back again. It's snowing here, so a quattro would be nice.

Comment

• Okay, so the car looks more or less sorted out now. Steering rack refurbished, coolant pipe fixed. Had to remake the PCV system yet again, since it started to push out oil again. Left the catch can only to the boost ventilation, the one-way valve pipe has been routed back to factory setup.

We have a whole lot of snow here, so I've swapped the wheels for my winter Fuchs alloys, along with some other tyres, since those which I had on are catastrophic.

Next in the list are the front brakes, as some might have noticed I placed a wanted request for 18Z Cayenne calipers. After that I'll need those A8 7-spoke R18's to fit over massive front brakes. For the Christmas, I'm planning to make myself happy with a Motronic VEMS package, and shortly after that - finally the RS2 turbo & 440cc injectors. That would mark the end of tech upgrades and we'll start gathering cash for a full body restoration, along with a full facelift to S6 (except mirrors).

Comment

• Originally posted by RichLV View Post

That would mark the end of tech upgrades and we'll start gathering cash for a full body restoration, along with a full facelift to S6 (except mirrors).
          Can I ask what is the difference between UrS4 and UrS6 mirrors ?

Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by macspring View Post
            Can I ask what is the difference between UrS4 and UrS6 mirrors ?

Thanks.

I think he's got non folding UrS4 mirrors.
            '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
            '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
            '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• Originally posted by hunker7 View Post
              I think he's got non folding UrS4 mirrors.
              Yep, and I like them. UrS6 right side mirror is the cut-in-half one.

Comment

Yep, and I like them. UrS6 right side mirror is the cut-in-half one.
                Yes but you can have electrically folding mirrors
                '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Yes but you can have electrically folding mirrors
                  That's a cool option, especially if you can wire it to trigger when priming the alarm and locking the car. If only the mirrors would both be full size...

Comment

That's a cool option, especially if you can wire it to trigger when priming the alarm and locking the car. If only the mirrors would both be full size...
                    I'm gutted I can't get them here, and because one is smaller I can't fit them from mainland Europe
                    '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

I'm gutted I can't get them here, and because one is smaller I can't fit them from mainland Europe
                      Guys here usually fit the left one from EU car, and modify the right one to fit from a UK car. Then you get both full size.

Comment

Guys here usually fit the left one from EU car, and modify the right one to fit from a UK car. Then you get both full size.
                        I've been thinking if getting folding mirrors from an A8, pretty sure both a full size.

Do you know is it hard to modify the small one into big one?
                        '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

I've been thinking if getting folding mirrors from an A8, pretty sure both a full size.

No, sorry, never got into any research with this.

Comment

Hi mate, if you can read russian https://www.drive2.ru/l/9264200/
                            95' URS6 VEMS

Comment

• Originally posted by Yuri View Post
                              Hi mate, if you can read russian https://www.drive2.ru/l/9264200/
                              I can't unfortunately. But my phone did a very good job at translating it. My parents know Russian so I can consult with them

Thanks for the link
                              '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• How would these look on a C4? They are from a 2006 C6 AFAIK.

Last edited by RichLV; 22 November 2016, 15:36.

Comment

Working...
                                X