My URS6 Plus Speck Saloon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My URS6 Plus Speck Saloon

I started this thread a year ago over on CA and for some reason didn't start one here.So here goes with a little bit catching up to bring here up to date on here.

Its a Ming Blue Pearl effect 1996 S6 Plus Speck saloon.

This was how she looked above when i picked her up from Moggies.I first saw the car several weeks before that photo April 2015 having sold Moggies 2 mint low mileage headlamps to him from my C4 2.8 Quattro.Anyway i loved the car and could see the potential and couldn't wait to get stuck in and do some jobs that i feel an older car needs. She handles very well and is sharp in the steering which might have something to do with a visit it had to Dialynx where they fitted Koni Shocks.When Moggies bought it,it was fitted with H&R springs but was way too ridiculously harsh to drive. It now sits on the best springs Audi made for these cars the hardest of the 2 1BE sports springs Audi offered and i'm very impressed with it.

I remember on the drive home being seriously impressed with the car but could feel there were probably one or 2 bushes in need of changing so a full suspension refurb would be on the cards. Luckily i had a beautifully refurbed set of plus speck alloys to go on the car along with new Goodyear Assymetric 2 tyres.

The car has full service history up to 5 years ago when moggies bought it.He had only done 5,000 miles in that time it was a third car, since then and has only needed to do general servicing which he was able to do with good knowledge being a fully fledged mechanic himself.

The car was originally purchased by Granada Group PLC and had it's delivery inspecytion on the 30/7/96 by M.A.N F.C.PURSER LTD.LONDON SE1. During the cars life it has been serviced by Wayside Audi,H.R.Owen,Colindale, Scotts of Audi Victoria,Keith Audi Aylesbury,Keith Audi,Sutton Coalfield,Dialynx,The Auto Pool,and Fontain. You could say the car has returned back home as i live not far from Fontain in Iver Bucks.

After 300 miles in my ownership, about a week, she got an oil and filter change using Shell Helix 10w - 40 a good quality oil more to use as an oil flush as it was dropped out 1,500 later.

This was the car entering AITP last August photo taken by a professional photographer.

aaae8314-fafe-432c-a11a-b8c6f720b752_zpsmlmjdoz2.jpg

6/9/2015 just a couple days to go for the "Autumn epic Scotland tour 2015" an mot the next day she had the Shell Helix dropped out for some fresh Fuch Titan pro S 5w-40 Ester based oil i had been hearing good stuff about. At £50 for 5 litres it had better be good.The proof is in the pudding as they say and i have to say it's now my mainstay oil i wouldn't hesitate to recommend it!

After a little bit of machine polishing here she was up on the MOT testers ramp with me clenching you know what hoping that it would pass and i could be on my way north the following day.Thankfully the car flew through without any advisories!

As you all know we had a fantastic tour up there in Scotland and i travelled in total 1,781 miles and loved every minute and mile of it.

Just a couple photos from the tour.

As part of the cars deserved love and attention these were bought back last November for the impending suspension overhaul.Still not sure if i'm going to use them.

This little lot was picked up on my travells all genuine Audi.A nice brand new Audi Delta to replace the silly aftermarket one in the car,a new rear plastic boot trim,some new mudflaps and genuine hella front indicator lenses.

I Drive 12 miles one way to get the car washed by these guys,and a superb job they do! Seen all sorts in there including Ferraris.

Hers's the car up in North Wales this February on a visit to Family.To date the car had been utterly reliable and a joy to drive.

After the Wales trip she needed a good wash again and it turned out this time next to it's much newer brethren!

Just what seamed like only a few weeks later went to Swanage in the car early April and had what can only be described as superb weather for the week.

Looking down onto Poole harbour and Brownsea Island.

We went back down again for the April bank holiday weekend to weather completely different.

This one was taken mid April at a favourite stretch on the Hampshire Avon, a London Anglers Association ticket water near Salisbury.

Bought this Ski bag from Europe recently and looking forward to fitting it sometime soon.

and finally fitted the missing under tray i got of the parts car .. .. .. ..

Saturday 21st May the day before the 3 counties run the car was treated to oil and filter change no3.

So .. .. .. .. .. up untill a couple weeks ago and 9,000 miles of completely trouble free enjoyable motoring the Michelin man hose developed a boost leak on the way to the three counties tour which only got worse.All is sorted now and the car goes better than ever almost like a different car which leads me to believe i must have had a small boost leek all along.

Now fixed and running extremely well.

This is where we are today and a soon as i can get this completed these rear arms and the fuel tank of the Minty genuine 46,000 miles 2.8 ACK parts car after some light refurbing will be going onto the S6 as part of it's suspension overhaul.

Last edited by Vorsprung durch Technik; 15 April 2018, 01:15. Reason: Replacing lost photo.
    96 URS6 plus speck saloon
    96 URS6 plus speck estate
    94 2.6 80 Avant
    99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

As of today i've owned her 1 year and i day and loving every minute of it.
    94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
      As of today i've owned her 1 year and i day and loving every minute of it.
      Your Beautiful S6!!
      Curious as I use alot of Fuchs Titan Super Syn 5W40 502.00 and have very good results. Very low consumption (even in '11-'16 VW's at work") and with my S6 AAN. Fuchs FTW!
      `97 S6 and those pesky ...MK6 VW`s.

Comment

Make sure to keep all of your old parts, even if broken, you don't know the day nor the hour when you'll be glad you did.

Even spare car if you have the space.

These cars and their parts are getting more and more finite every six months.

Make sure to always refit your engine under tray even though it is a pain to do so.

Protects the underneath of the car's engine and ancillary items from salt.

Just sayin............

Your efforts are looking very worthwhile.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Don't worry Mac,i'm a serious hoarder when the opportunity presents itself. Those last couple of pictures with the fuel tank and rear suspension assembly is the parts car,the 2.8 Fully loaded quattro. I'm cutting the roof of it as it has the rare Factory sunroof,just in case i feel like it one day, and shall be cutting the shell up into bits too keep as much as possible so it's storable as it's all as good as new! Going to keep as much as possible including all doors.
          94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

This must be one of the tidiest and freshest S6's I've seen... Spectacular...

I'm aiming for something like that with my UrS4.

Comment

Nice car

sometimes i miss my old UrS4
              S2 limo

Comment

Really nice - I remember this one being for sale as well. Will be looking to rebuild my suspension at some point too...

Comment

Originally posted by RichLV View Post

This must be one of the tidiest and freshest S6's I've seen... Spectacular...
                  You obviously haven't seen mine.

Comment

Originally posted by macspring View Post
                    You obviously haven't seen mine.

That would be great but i don't think you started a thread on yours?!
                    94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

LOL The car is camera shy of course

This looks like a brochure shot

Very nice indeed
                      Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post

That would be great but i don't think you started a thread on yours?!

Comment

Big thanks to all for the very kind Comments.Thanks chaps!
                          94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by irishs2 View Post
                            LOL The car is camera shy of course

This looks like a brochure shot

Very nice indeed
                            Thanks mate,my only hope is that i can do her proud over the next few years.
                            94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by macspring View Post

I think we'll call your car Nessie, 'cause everyone and their dog's heard of it but no fooker's actually seen it?!

Comment

Working...
                              X