4.2 V8 Coupe Quattro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice car Ajax1976! Good work there!
    By the way, where have you gotten your front grill from ?

Comment

• Spot on thanks
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Allanagtig View Post
        Nice car Ajax1976! Good work there!
        By the way, where have you gotten your front grill from ?
        Thanks, It's just an RS2 grill I bought on Ebay

Comment

• Those seatbelts would fit nicely in my S2

@error404: I have the OZ Superleggeras under my S2, check my project thread for pics

Comment

• Thanks
            The C5 is always a beautiful thing to see

I was looking specifically for the Superleggera III (3 piece) wheels, since I have a set that need a refurb and I have considered selling them a few times but not done so as I thought perhaps they would look awesome on the coupe
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
              I was looking specifically for the Superleggera III (3 piece) wheels, since I have a set that need a refurb and I have considered selling them a few times but not done so as I thought perhaps they would look awesome on the coupe
              This was a chop I did using a wheel app when I was deciding what colour to get them refurbed. I think you should crack on and refurb them Alex, What specs are yours?

Comment

• Another step closer to getting back on the road this week.

Comment

• Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Just catching up on this thread love the new seats and seat belts makes the interior look superb and a bit of a modern touch to. Your car is looking amazing and the alloys are also amazing well done all your hard work is paying off.

Comment

• Originally posted by anthonys2 View Post
                      Just catching up on this thread love the new seats and seat belts makes the interior look superb and a bit of a modern touch to. Your car is looking amazing and the alloys are also amazing well done all your hard work is paying off.
                      Thanks mate, Its finally feeling like it's been worth all the graft.

Got it taxed and insured this week so finally legal

She drives reasonably well, its certainly quick enough and sounds great when giving it the beans. I'm finding the KW's a bit stiff although it's bearable and there's no rattles. A couple of things I'll need to look at, speedos not working and it's quite jerky when coming off the throttle at slow speeds. Overall though I'm very happy with it, need to slowly build up the miles on it until I'm comfortable that it's going to be reliable.

Comment

• Fantastic thread, great effort. Looks superb!

Comment

• Well 2 months on the road and surprisingly no dramas to report, Its proved to be very reliable.

I've not actually done anything to it other than wash and drive it, chickened out of taking it to car shows but will make an effort to show face at a couple before the summers over.

I finally bought tyres for the LMs so need to get them fitted and on the car. The throttle's still quite jerky at slow speed but I'm pretty sure it's just a combination of me and the engine not being up to temp. Once it's up to temp and I adjust to driving an older, manual car it seems fine, not had any passenger comments about it yet.

Took it up to my work and popped it over the weigh bridge, 920kg on the front axle and 590kg on the rear. I really wish I'd weighed it with the 2.8 in it but I'd be interested in how that compares to other variants of coupes??

I've got to admit I have considered putting it up for sale once or twice, I get itchy for another project but the realism of what I've spent on it and what it's probably worth kicks in, a quick hurl in it always cures the urge too!!!

Comment

• I am very happy that the conversion works well
                            What about you with the water temperature especially in stop and go traffic?
                            Unfortunately, I can not serve with a standard weight of the 2.8l Coupè Quattro, but I've put my V8 Quattro sedan full on wheeled trucks. It came out the following:

Front axle 951,00kg
                            Rear axle 628,00kg

Total weight 1579.00kg

Comment

• Originally posted by [sTeeWie] View Post
                              I am very happy that the conversion works well
                              What about you with the water temperature especially in stop and go traffic?
                              Unfortunately, I can not serve with a standard weight of the 2.8l Coupè Quattro, but I've put my V8 Quattro sedan full on wheeled trucks. It came out the following:

Front axle 951,00kg
                              Rear axle 628,00kg

Total weight 1579.00kg
                              Water temperature has been good in all traffic situations, swapping the fan switch for one with a lower temperature range also made a significant improvement.

Comment

• Just read All way through what a build truly an inspiration

Comment

Working...
                                X