4.2 V8 Coupe Quattro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks all!!

Yeah, I'm a gravel drive warrior!! Physically the car will fit in my garage but then I can't move in it let alone work in there. I also don't have anywhere else to move the stuff that's in the garage so had to rough it out on the gravel. If I'm honest the V8 might be a step too far and I'll need to come up with a new plan, it was struggle getting the 2.8 out with the crane so won't be attempting putting the 4.2 in as things stand.

Comment

ScottishVAG has been my favoured forum for a good few years now, been a lurker here for a while. If I'd known in advance I'd be doing as much work I'd have started the thread earlier, things just snowballed a bit!!

Comment

Stunning project and I think the finishing job is putting the S4 avus wheels on absolutely great looking car and fantastic thread mate - well done

Comment

Just read the whole thread.Love what you've done to the car so far. I think
          you've done an awesome job and that paint job is stunning.
          Keep up the good work.
          96 URS6 plus speck saloon
          96 URS6 plus speck estate
          94 2.6 80 Avant
          99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Brilliant thread.
            Proper car modding on the drive , love it !!
            Keep the pics coming , great read
            Gav
            S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

awesome!!!!
              Audi S6 C4 2.2T Quattro 1997, full rebuild....
              Audi A5 Sportback V6 2.7 TDI 2011
              Volkswagen Phaeton V6 3.0 TDI 2009

Comment

Fantastic work ,the paint looks superb
                sigpic
                Cab 2.3E
                90q
                URS6

Comment

Brilliant workmanship,lovely car.
                  Very under rated. I have two of them
                  And a v8 in the garage just in case.

Comment

AWESOME ! Stunning ! i really like to read your topic, and your car is marvellous, put a V8 inside is really a great idea, will follow your job with pleasure ;-)
                    tof
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks all!! It's the tinkering side of things I really enjoy and there's certainly been enough on this car to keep me happy.

Not really progressed much due to work. The plastic mounts worked out well, broke them down and used as templates for the steel.

Dad helped me out big time and ran it over to my uncles to cut them out with the plasma cutter, today I cracked on and started fine tuning them and got them tacked up. Hopefully I'll have time at work next week to get them welded up with a proper welder, I struggled to get a good tack with my wee mig.

Also managed to pick up my LM centres this week. Really happy with the chrome powder coat, obviously never going to look like a polished finish but it's good enough for me.

Comment

Love the wheels!

Originally posted by ajax1976 View Post
                        And today, bye, bye 2.8, ridiculously heavy lump compared to the V8,

[url=http://s70.photobucket.com/user/ajax1976/media/IMG_5525.jpg.html]
                        I'm still hoping to get someone to weigh one of these engines or parts of.

The guy who designed that 2.8 V6 block 'Herr Polzl' proudly boasted that "the stiff thin walled cast iron block of the compact V6 weighs only 3kg more ( 7.6 lbs ) than an Equivalent aluminium block." According to that data the AAH 2.8 lump is actually a lighter lump than the V8 but not by much. Would that be about right?
                        94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
                          Love the wheels!

I'm still hoping to get someone to weigh one of these engines or parts of.

The guy who designed that 2.8 V6 block 'Herr Polzl' proudly boasted that "the stiff thin walled cast iron block of the compact V6 weighs only 3kg more ( 7.6 lbs ) than an Equivalent aluminium block." According to that data the AAH 2.8 lump is actually a lighter lump than the V8 but not by much. Would that be about right?
                          Using the universally recognised method of weighing things(shimmying them around the garage floor on sheets on hardboard) I'd say the V6 was the heavier of the two.

I'm sure we have dynamometers at work, If I can find one I should be able to give you definitive answer to the weight of the two lumps.

Comment

Amazing work here. Love it.
                            Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

Originally posted by ajax1976 View Post

I'm sure we have dynamometers at work, If I can find one I should be able to give you definitive answer to the weight of the two lumps.
                              That would be awesome.
                              94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Nice job!
                                One can nevere have to many rims to pick from
                                Audi 90 quattro AAN -85
                                Audi Coupe quattro Biturbo -93

Comment

Working...