No announcement yet.

4.2 V8 Coupe Quattro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loving the work with the wheels and some purple color accents.

Comment

Excellent work on the car, it's looking great. Great to see you got the 8V mirrors working. I have a pair here but not had time to try and fit them yet
      You won't regret binning that lardy V6

Oh and I have extreme LM jealousy

Keep up the good work
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

beautiful
        Audi S2 Coupe - parts for sale

Comment

Bit more done today, mounts welded up and another test fitting, think I'm going to fit a bit more bracing to them then tidy them up a bit then off for powder coating.

Been pondering over keeping or ditching the procon ten bits, the brackets in the bay are right where I've got some rusty bits so really need access in behind them, any thoughts?

Then rewarded myself with a bit LM therapy

Still not convinced that 19s are the way to go, suppose I need to buy some tyres and go from there, luckily I know someone with 18s that might swap if the 19s are too big.

Comment

Keep your 19s and convince your mate to flog me his (or hers?)
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

i prefer the avus wheels all the way !
              sigpic

Comment

Awesome!! Nice look!!

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Macchris View Post
                  i prefer the avus wheels all the way !
                  I have to agree normally i'd be liking the bbs but there's something about this car with the avus

Comment

Originally posted by david1980 View Post
                    I have to agree normally i'd be liking the bbs but there's something about this car with the avus
                    I chop and change my mind regularly with wheels but at the moment I think the Avus with stay and keep LMs for special occasions, I'm literally running out of space so think the futuras and the RCs will be sold.

Not a huge update, just been pottering about chasing the rusty bits recently but getting closer to the first test fit of the complete engine. The worst bits were on the chassis legs where the old heat shielding had been but even that was just surface rust, dead happy with that. Stripped it all back and cleaned up, couple of coats of Jenolite, couple of coats of POR15 base coat then a couple of silver top coat. All brush finished but luckily its turned out pretty good and the the silvers actually a half decent match to the original, hoping the majority won't actually be seen anyway with the size of the engine. My powder coater did a quick turn round with the powder coating on the mounts and battery tray so almost ready to try the real one in.

Always had a thing for big brakes so going to do an upgrade on the rears to match the fronts, picked up some cayenne rears, some Brembo handbrake calipers and 300mm discs. The only downside is I've had to buy new front calipers to get a smaller piston size so the 17z's will be sold and replaced with 18z's. I've got the mounts for the cayenne rears but will have to make up a mount for the handbrake ones.

Calipers cleaned up and in etch primer,

First coat of the base POR15,

And the silver top coat, I also seem to have acquired some squatters

I'd only left it for a few days and the nest had appeared and as of today we have another guest,

Comment

Why do you wan t to swap the 17zs for 18zs? 17s are a better caliper - larger pistons and a better fit on the B3/4 uprights as the caliper lugs are shorter

Eat that egg quick in case it's a croc
                      Indigo ABY coupé
                      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                        Why do you wan t to swap the 17zs for 18zs? 17s are a better caliper - larger pistons and a better fit on the B3/4 uprights as the caliper lugs are shorter
                        I was a bit concerned with pedal travel as the total piston area with 17zs and 4 pot rears was quite a bit larger than the OEM so thought the smaller pistoned 18zs would help bring it down a bit.
                        I'll probably fit the rear 4 pots first and see how they feel then go from there. The 18zs were dirt cheap so snapped them up just in case and cover all bases.

Comment

I'd keep the 17zs up front and reduce the rear piston area, or if you are determined you can consider use a tandem servo with a 27mm master cylinder
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Not updated this for a while as I haven't really done much lately, the chicks fledged so the nest was removed and I can finally get back on to getting finished.

TTV flywheel and RS4 clutch swapped over to the good engine then the final bits in the bay cleaned up so will hopefully get the motor in fairly soon, fingers crossed!!

My little guests,

And the final one wandering away up the drive and into the trees

Comment

Originally posted by ajax1976 View Post
                              And the final one wandering away up the drive and into the trees

They'll never forget their first home!!

Comment

dont worry they probalby will give you some "gifts' on your cars...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X