No announcement yet.

1.8T / 2.0T TFSi Coil Conversion Harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So for those of you who will be going for the loom conversion if you have an ABY rocker cover get the 2.0TFSI coils PN DMB908 (Lucas PN) iirc. These need no trimming and push right on.

Comment

good post Chris handy part numbers.

These coils the 2.0 are either black or red tops. Think you can run the rs3 coils which are red tops.

Comment

@Alex, that looks top banana, if i was feeling more flush i'd have one to future proof the car. No need to worry about expensive ABY coils or POS's. Might give you a shout for one in the future...

@Christophski. do you have any pics of the loom fitted to the car with coils? Im intrigued to know what the fit is like....
        Black B3 1990 CQ 2.3E converted to ABY & 6spd. (301bhp) - Now Sold
        03 Dolphin B6 S4 Avant LPG - New Daily Wagon
        01 Silver D2 A8 3.7 quattro sport - SOLD

"Difficult is worth doing"

Comment

Yep, bear with me...

Comment

Ok so stupidly I have only got 1 picture of the coils in place with the loom on them. I havent plugged the loom in at the other end.... Will get that pic tonight and add it tomorrow.

In this one you can see the 5th coilpack is turned the other wya and the loom routing is tucked out of the way under coilpack 4.

Guys, if anyone is going to do this conversion, get the loom from Alex. I cant stress this enough. It was so easy and quick and no messing around once you part with your money!

Comment

Worth dotting the connectors of cylinder number. That's if they haven't already been number somewhere on the loom

Comment

You dont need to dot them bud. Its quite obvious which connector goes to which cylinder and as the 5th cylinder connector is longer than #4 Alex has scribed a 5 on the underneath of it so you dont get mixed up. The rest of it is really easy to connect. I downloaded the fitting guide from the 034 website as a refference but tbh i didnt need it. Im not even a mechanic and thats how logical it was!

Comment

That looks brilliant!! A really smart, top quality solution...
                  Black B3 1990 CQ 2.3E converted to ABY & 6spd. (301bhp) - Now Sold
                  03 Dolphin B6 S4 Avant LPG - New Daily Wagon
                  01 Silver D2 A8 3.7 quattro sport - SOLD

"Difficult is worth doing"

Comment

Originally posted by Christophski View Post
                    So for those of you who will be going for the loom conversion if you have an ABY rocker cover get the 2.0TFSI coils PN DMB908 (Lucas PN) iirc. These need no trimming and push right on.
                    The Audi part number for black TFSI coils is 06H905115, I did this conversion on my UR Quattro wih the ABY coversion. Made my own loom up and looked nowhere near as good as the pics here. Went for 034 and paid waaaay over the odds.

If it's ok with you Alex, I'll have a loom off you at the end of the month - just ordered a load of carbon from Aron this month, wife going nuts
                    And just rebuilt my instrument cluster, £120 for the PCB and £480 for the trip computer display

Comment

hehe, yes they do that when you order carbon stuff - BTDT

no problem I'll earmark one for you
                      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                      Indigo ABY coupé
                      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Ok so heres the pic of it all connected up

And one of the other end connected up at the bulkhead

As you can see there is enough slack to make fitting nicely not an issue.

Comment

Coil conversion harness

I'll have a haness off you, been thinking of doing it for a while might as well do it now

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Can I have one set as well please.
                              Cheers
                              Rob
                              sigpic_________
                              Rob

Comment

PM sent Rob
                                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                                Indigo ABY coupé