1.8T / 2.0T TFSi Coil Conversion Harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by newsh View Post
    Does anyone know if these coils will be ok on a homefried RS2? If so I'll have a cable set please Error404. Currently trying to cure a rough idle on mine at the moment so this will be handy.

Comment

Not an issue with homefrys. One of best mods to get done. And this loom is grade AAA stuff

Comment

It will run but I think you are meant to get the dwell changed for coil life, and cold start (colder than uk cold) iirc.
        Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
        Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Is this definitely the case? As I've just bought a set of red coils and Alex's harness to fit to my RS2+ spec ABY!

Comment

From PRJ

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...ghlight=dwell#

Originally Posted by Thecrispynoodle View Post
            Does OEM ecu over dwell on TFSi coils or only some aftermarket tunes?
            On any tune. On stock as well.
            The 2.0 TFSi coils need about 2-2.5ms depending on voltage for a good strong spark (tested to 700+ hp).

The stock coils and calibration is 4+ ms.
            Does not matter if it is aftermarket or not, you change the component, you must change the tune.

If you don't change the tune, you reduce the service life of the coils because you are running them outside their specifications.
            I have also had a few people who wanted to just keep stock software and use these coils. And I do this for a small fee, no problem.

The biggest problem is in colder climates. Like here (and in Russia and the Ukraine) below -20-25C cars simply don't start anymore with the stock calibration on the TFSi coils - because in stock calibration there is HUGE dwell time for starting with low battery power, and the TFSi coils just don't work anymore at all with that. Change the calibration and the car will start on turn of the key. I have already "fixed" about 20 non-starters like this in cold weather.

In the UK - you will never have such temperatures, so you will not have this problem, but the coils will still last less. The question how much less is an open one - on my cars, and in colder winters the 1.8T coils with the wrong calibration failed after 2 years.
            The 2.0TFSi are more resilient, but there is no denying that running them outside their spec definitely affects their service life. How much exactly - this is hard to say without laboratory conditions.
            Just search dwell and user name prj for more info/threads.
            Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
            Sold ABY-stock

Comment

If it's just a case of shorter lifespan and no impact on performance, I can live with that....my RS2 has done less than 10K over the last 11 years, so they'll still last me ages! lol

Comment

I've got some more bits just landed from Germany to do some more harnesses, if anyone wants one drop me a PM.
                Current lead time is about 4-5 days
                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I have 1 harness here ready to go if anyone wants it I can deliver by the weekend

More on the way.....
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Did I understand right that yours is better than 034motorsport's and Apikol's offered?
                    Do you have any item right now?

Comment

I'll guess this is done without any compromises.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                      Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                      BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                      BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

I just want to be sure 'cause its a little bit more expensive than offer by 034 or Apikol.

Comment

Sorry to plug in but I have 5 new 1.8t coils to go with this beautiful harness...
                          '93 S2 Avant breaking
                          '95 S6 Avant sold
                          '83 80 Quattro SWB
                          '85 90 Quattro
                          '85 200 Quattro 10V sold

Comment

Originally posted by Source View Post
                            Did I understand right that yours is better than 034motorsport's and Apikol's offered?
                            Do you have any item right now?
                            120% Better than 034
                            Life is a rollercoaster

Comment

Hi guys, yes just to confirm my harness will function 100% the same as 034 or Apikol, there is no difference in performance.
                              Mine is simply hand made with higher quality OEM specification components so will last much longer, up to 20 years
                              Indigo ABY coupé
                              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Subscribed I'll be back here when I need them.

Comment

Working...
                                X